Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Heat: 15in vs 17in

Heat: 15in vs 17in
Kdog01
Sep 3, 2006, 06:32 PM

Today when I was in the Apple store, I was really surprised at the heat difference between the 15in and 17in models. Maybe it was just the MBP's at this store, but you could hardly touch the left side of the 15in model, while the 17 in models were cool all over, including the bottom. I am quite surprised that the larger model could spread the heat out so well. Anyone else notice this?

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 06:43 PM

It could have been that someone had been using the 15" for a while, making it heat up, and the 17" had just been sitting there. That said, the 17" does have a bit more space to dissipate the heat I guess.

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2006, 09:26 PM

Faster processor, more RAM and heavy usage heat up any box, with smaller boxes more susceptible.

maae
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2006, 01:09 PM

I was recently at a local apple reseller, and I noticed the 17" being almost as hot as the 15" they had displayed. I'm not sure if this means anything...

Forum Links
Forum Rules