Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread!

Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread! (Page 5)
pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 05:31 PM

At last I can finally add myself to the list

I've just ordered from apple.uk:

� 1.25GHz PowerPC G4
� 512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 2 SO-DIMMs
� 80GB Ultra ATA drive (4200rpm)
� DVD/CD-RW
� AirPort Extreme Card
� Backlit Keyboard & Mac OS
� 15.2-inch TFT display
� RADEON Mobility 9600 - 64MB DDR
� 56K internal modem
� Power Adapter
� Battery
Total �1,697.22

I had a budget of �1'700 so the Superdrive had to go, I dont think I would ever use it anyway.

I had to decide between the G5 1.6, 12" Powerbook and the 15", I hope i've made the right choice.

I cant believe its 10-15 days build time, just because i'm having the combo drive

Oh well i'm sure it will be worth the wait, though I can't wait to replace my slooooooooow 466 G4. Anyone want it? How much do you think i'd get on ebay for a 466 G4 tower with 256 ram and 30GB hard drive?
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 05:33 PM

is it worth selling the 256 ram and replacing them with two 512 ram? I couldn't afford the 1 512 oh the joys of being a student!
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

pantalaimon
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 05:37 PM

does anyone else have problems checking your order status? It asks me for the web order number and my Post/Zip code, I put in both correctly and nothing happens

this happened when i bought my ipod too, maybe its just a problem for uk buyers?
1.33GHz G4 iBook 12"

kentuckyfried
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 05:50 PM

WTF?!!

Why is there such a disparity on shipping times? What PB did you order Lorins?

I ordered min back on the 24th....it shipped on the 29th...
I called up Airborne today, and they say that it's actually coming from overseas, PLUS the 2-day domestic shipping from Los Angeles.
This all translates to the unit not arriving until Friday earliest.
Worse yet, somebody has to be at home to receive, no pick-ups allowed!

*sigh*

Yeah...if you don't see shipping info on your tracking number, it's b/c your laptop is still in transit overseas.

Originally posted by Lorinserbenz:
ordered on the 18th, shipped on the 19th and received it today.
Airborne's tracking system is a joke, my # still does not show in the system yet when I called earlier today they pulled it up. Needless to say be careful with Airborne, they just left my unit sitting at the door. I have never had any shipper leave a $$$ item at the door.
Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by AC Rempt:
Airborne is the most worthless operation I've ever had the displeasure of working with. They have never gotten any of my deliveries right, and I hate the fact that Apple uses them.

One time, they delivered some crucial software to a neighbor I didn't know. It took me a week to figure out what happened.

I can't tell you how nervous it makes me that they're the ones delivering my PB.

Sorry to spook anyone else, but I just had to vent.
It gives me the jitters too. After I ordered the ALPS15'er for my daughter, I ordered the BT KB & mouse. The mouse is delayed-and the KB shipped 2 days ago-with a delivery of 9/24. Small thing. So, of course, they attempted delivery today, 9/23, with someone in the house ALL DAY no less. Guess what? Ticket on the door saying no one was there to receive the package! NEVER rang the door bell. Again small thing-but what Azzholes.

I'll tell ya this; I'm taking the week off when I find my G5 has shipped-And I WILL be calling them every nautical mile. Rascoundrals!

Maybe its job security-for the drivers to return the next day, and the day after that--or, what an Apple rep said about software bugs between them and Airbum--or the merger with DHL that's 'dicking' alot of people around. Give me FEDEX everytime.
( Last edited by Kahpoosta Kid; Sep 23, 2003 at 08:31 PM. )
"Sometimes you're the bug....Sometimes the windshield"

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 06:23 PM

I wanted it to ship today (as it was listed it would ship on or before 9/23/03) but i guess they were wrong, since it hasn't shipped yet i want my powerbook!!

15AL/1gb/SD/BT/Wifi/5400(80gb)

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2003, 07:02 PM

Mine just changed to "on or before the 30th"
Asses!!!!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 07:03 PM

I heard the outlook "you've got mail sound" and i run to see if its from apple......

Yes it is........ but......

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order W5935848

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

Z07E02CS8, PBG4 15.2/1.25GHZ/1024/80/SD/AP/BL/LL
will now ship on or before 09/30/2003

But they said today, it would ship in 24hrs.!!! hmmmm

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 07:10 PM

Are both of you getting 1G memory?

Mine 'shipped" yesterday, but it just means Airborne is bringing it over from Taiwan. Then again, many people have had theirs delivered before Airborne says they even have it. Anyway, mine appears to be on it's way, just no telling how long it will be until it's here.

If it comes into Elk Grove instead of Illinois, it should be fast.

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 07:12 PM

Well i called apple. They said that the system automatically generates that email and adds a few days to the expected ship date to buy them some time, based on the fact that the powerbook did not ship by the end of the originally quoted day. So they said my powerbook is still going to ship sometime tomorrow, and this does not mean a new delay.

ProcrasT8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2003, 07:21 PM

I placed an order for PowerBook G4 12" on September 16th and my order status says that it should ship by September 25th, the latest. Now, all I have to do is try not to drive myself nuts waiting for it to show up...

I placed an order for a 10GB iPod as well together with the PowerBook and the iPod should be shipped on the 24th.

So, I'm waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

Waveman
Sep 23, 2003, 08:06 PM

I'm not really sure why Apple even bothers sending an email when the PB ships from Taiwan if it has to get to the U.S. (or some other distribution point) first. Why don't they just let you know when it ships from the distribution center?

RealMac
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2003, 08:24 PM

I ordered my
PB15.2/1.25GHZ/512/80/CMBO/AP/BL/LL
1.25GHz PowerPC G4
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Ultra ATA Drive@4200rpm
Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS

config on 9/19. It's scheduled to ship on or before 9/26. Still shows up as 'Open', no being assembled or anything like that. One 512mb stick and the 4200rpm 80 gig drive. Through the Apple Developer Connection store.

I was hoping to be surprised with an early shipment but it doesn't look like that will be the case so far. So maybe Monday the 28th for me?

My debit card hasn't been charged yet for it either. Hmm
It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
www.therealmac.net
MBA Graduate, Creative Thinker, Nice Guy

kentuckyfried
Senior User
Sep 23, 2003, 10:54 PM

hahah...yeah, that's so DUMB! It makes the whole point of "2 day" pointless.

Originally posted by Waveman:
I'm not really sure why Apple even bothers sending an email when the PB ships from Taiwan if it has to get to the U.S. (or some other distribution point) first. Why don't they just let you know when it ships from the distribution center?

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by kentuckyfried:
hahah...yeah, that's so DUMB! It makes the whole point of "2 day" pointless.
My daughters ALPB15 finally showed up on Airbum's tracking page, shipped Taipei, Taiwan, direct ship to her. I found this ph# for that selected service (24-96 hours including Customs):

in the U.S., call 1-800-ABX-INTL (1-800-229-4685)

geeoff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 02:58 AM

Originally posted by machem:
Mine 'shipped" yesterday, but it just means Airborne is bringing it over from Taiwan. Then again, many people have had theirs delivered before Airborne says they even have it. Anyway, mine appears to be on it's way, just no telling how long it will be until it's here.

If it comes into Elk Grove instead of Illinois, it should be fast.
Yeah, oddly enough my invoice shows Elk Grove as the shipping center, but when I checked the Airborne Waybill number it was listed as being shipped from Taiwan to Apple in Illinois. Bollocks.

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 03:31 AM

The large shipment of PBs mine is in arrived state-side from Taiwan this morning, according to the waybill. Mine was shipped to the LA dist. center. It arrived this morning and that is the last update. My tracking number shows it In Transit from Taiwan.

Does Airborne update it's site like once a day or something? I *wish* these were sent Fed-Ex or UPS!!

I have to relax and hope to have the PB in my hands by the end of the week.

On a lighter note, I should get my new iPod tomorrow. And 10.2.8 hasn't wreaked havoc on my desktop G4. <phew>

-b

Peabo  (op)
Senior User
Sep 24, 2003, 05:47 AM

My new 17" just arrived this morning! Joy!
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

appleseed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 06:08 AM

Originally posted by pantalaimon:
does anyone else have problems checking your order status? It asks me for the web order number and my Post/Zip code, I put in both correctly and nothing happens

this happened when i bought my ipod too, maybe its just a problem for uk buyers?
Yup, been in a similar position since ordering an Al Powerbook 1.25Ghz from the Apple Store for Higher Education on 16.09. So I have resorted to incessantly phoning each morning this week for an ETA. Current delivery estimate is either for Friday 26.09 or Monday 29.09.

Synotic
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2003, 07:21 AM

I ordered a PowerBook 15.2" 1.25GHz with 5200 80 GB hard drive and a 20 GB iPod on the 20th. Both are still "open" at least my Kevlar lock shipped on the first day... I really expected at least my iPod to be here by now. It says that it would ship on or before the 24th. So it should ship today. I can't imagine them having any delays. PowerBook says the 26th... we'll see.

Waveman
Sep 24, 2003, 07:33 AM

Originally posted by aapljack:
The large shipment of PBs mine is in arrived state-side from Taiwan this morning, according to the waybill. Mine was shipped to the LA dist. center. It arrived this morning and that is the last update. My tracking number shows it In Transit from Taiwan.

Does Airborne update it's site like once a day or something? I *wish* these were sent Fed-Ex or UPS!!
My waybill # still shows "left Taiwan" 9/23, although the shipping notice was dated 9/22. I assume that's because of the date difference. The regular tracking # still doesn't show up.

According to a guy at Apple, the PB shipment should clear customs today and get to me by Thurs. or Fri., but he has no way of knowing for sure. Has anyone gotten any better info. by calling Airborne?

While this makes it seem that I'm just being impatient, which I am, it's frustrating if you have to make special arrangements to receive the shipment - that's what a tracking system is for.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2003, 08:09 AM

Bruck-
I know they add days on just in case, but it still frustrates me. Plus, since I'm in Montreal, they are sending it via FedEx, and also since I ordered it via the phone, the only info I have is what they tell me on the apple site - which is nothing. I just hope I have it by Friday, tho right now that is wishfull thinking.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

joeyd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 08:56 AM

I talked to apple yesterday afternoon. If you can believe it, they can track airborne's shipments better than airborne can! The apple rep was able to tell me exactally where my iPod was and airborne didn't even know it existed. He said he'd gladly refund my expedited shipping charge if I didn't recieve it yesterday, and I didn't so I'll just have to call back today. He also told me my BTO 15" Powerbook should be here by thursday. Airborne doesn't have that shipment in it's tracking system either.

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2003, 09:00 AM

Ok here's some updates

1) My powerbook shipped last nite !! Woke up to an email sent at 5am!!! (I'm VERY EXCITED)

2) The apple rep said that when the tracking # is given, it is still an international # cause it is coming from taiwan or something like that. Until it gets thru customs, airborne's website won't have any info on it. But if you call Airborne's 800 number and choose international tracking, they can tell you the status of the tracked shipment.

LlamaBoy
Sep 24, 2003, 09:58 AM

I am another victim of Airborne's tracking system. What is the point of using tracking numbers if they don't work at all? Is there some guy in shipping just burping out numbers? The tracking number on my iPod just said "Purple".

On the Apple website, it shows my order as shipped on 9/22, but I never received an email saying shipped. The Airborne website thinks I put in Roman numerals or Chinese because it just rejects my number completely. When I called Airborne, the nice lady said my order is somewhere between Taiwan/Taipei and the US. Wow, thanks, that's very helpful, at least I know it hasn't left the planet.

ARGH! Why dont they use FedEx or UPS??? The humanity!
If I haven't received a shipping email, can I still cancel my order and buy one from Microcenter?

PowerMatt
Senior User
Sep 24, 2003, 10:00 AM

It seems that Apple has upgraded my shipping to two-day. I don't know whether to be happy or not.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2003, 10:04 AM

<vent>
Airborne should just ****ing take their tracking site down. It is a waste of bandwidth. In the course of the last week, my tracking number has either showed erroneous information, tracking info for someone else's old shipments (because they apparently recycle tracking numbers), or not worked at all. The tracking results page should just be a static HTML which says, "Your shipment is probably on its way and should arrive sometime this year."
</vent>

According to Apple, my PB 17" should either arrive today or tomorrow. After this, I hope I never have to use Airborne again.

scott brown
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 10:24 AM

note to all:

don't use the shipping number to track. track by *reference* number on the airborne site (click on track, then on the reference tab).

enter in the date it supposedly shipped, and the Apple Delivery Number found on your shipment email as the reference number. example below. you'd use ABCDEFGHIJ

Buyers Name: Your Name
Web Order Number: xxxxxxxx
Apple Sales Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
Apple Delivery Number: ABCDEFGHIJ
Apple Customer Number: xxxxxxx
PO Number: xxxxxxxxxx
12in PB 867/640/60/SD/AE
17in PB 1.33/1GB/80(5400rpm)

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 11:54 AM

Hey you guys, relax ... it could be worse.

I've been on hold for 40 minutes with Road Runner! (Typing with one hand.)

Rain here in the Northeast last nite ... there goes RR signal strength ... can barely use AirPort ... 15 feet away from base station

But yeah, the Apple/FedEx experience a couple of years ago was a helluva lot better than A!
HWMO: 2.5gHz DP G5, 1.25 gHz 15" AL PB, 1st Gen iPod, Shuffle
SWMBO: 0.8 gHz 15" FP iMac, 0.5 gHz iBook, 3rd Gen iPod, Shuffle

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 02:10 PM

Well, after getting a "shipped" notification (at Order Status; my purchasing agent will get any email, and I don't want to bug her), and getting a result at the Airborne site with the tracking number, the number stopped working this morning. I called Airborne International (1-800-229-4685), and they were very helpful. I'm a bit confused by what the clerk told me, but I think I can piece it together:

She said it shows that it is in transit from Taiwan, and is coming to L.A. Then customs, 1-2 days, yadda yadda. But the number started working again during my call, and it shows it shipped from Taiwan ("Picked up") on the 22nd. If I compare this to a transit number posted here, that one shows a pickup of the 23 (after mine), but also gives much more information.

You can see what I mean if you use these two numbers:

Mine is the second one, and it is for an individual box, while the other is for a pallet. This is kind of funny too.

Might be helpful to others, but it doesn't really clear up anything. Maybe it will be a case where my CPU comes while the site thinks it is still in the air somewheres.

I also have another independent source working on tracking this puppy for me. I'll post any information I get from that.

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by mainemanx:
Hey you guys, relax ... it could be worse.

I've been on hold for 40 minutes with Road Runner! (Typing with one hand.)

Rain here in the Northeast last nite ... there goes RR signal strength ... can barely use AirPort ... 15 feet away from base station

But yeah, the Apple/FedEx experience a couple of years ago was a helluva lot better than A!
Ooops ... now I'm beginning to suspect it's not Road Runner at all, but System 10.2.8 ... will I ever learn?

Wait until a system's been out a few days before you "get it!" It appears that 10.2.8 "fries" your cable modem ...

Oh Mr. Jobs ...

gsingh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 03:13 PM

I just order mine yesterday 9/23/03. Was suppose to ship yesterday now its still open and got a email will ship today.

Am I in for a horrible long wait???

Thanks

Patton76
Sep 24, 2003, 03:14 PM

I ordered the following on september 21st at the Applestore Belgium:

PB 15", 1,25 with the 5400rpm drive
Apple Wireless mouse
JBL Creature

Shipping date is said on or before 10/10

I can't wait!

I now have a G4 450DP and an ibook 500.

I hope I will see a great speed increase, but I'm sure it will.

gsingh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 03:16 PM

I think what is happening is the new Apple stores are hogging all the inventory when new products come out and people who order online get stiffed.

Am I correct??

Waveman
Sep 24, 2003, 07:36 PM

Well, after getting a "shipped" notification (at Order Status; my purchasing agent will get any email, and I don't want to bug her), and getting a result at the Airborne site with the tracking number, the number stopped working this morning. I called Airborne International (1-800-229-4685), and they were very helpful. I'm a bit confused by what the clerk told me, but I think I can piece it together:

She said it shows that it is in transit from Taiwan, and is coming to L.A. Then customs, 1-2 days, yadda yadda. But the number started working again during my call, and it shows it shipped from Taiwan ("Picked up") on the 22nd. If I compare this to a transit number posted here, that one shows a pickup of the 23 (after mine), but also gives much more information.

You can see what I mean if you use these two numbers:

Mine is the second one, and it is for an individual box, while the other is for a pallet. This is kind of funny too.

Might be helpful to others, but it doesn't really clear up anything. Maybe it will be a case where my CPU comes while the site thinks it is still in the air somewheres.

I also have another independent source working on tracking this puppy for me. I'll post any information I get from that.
I think you have the numbers reversed: the second one is for the bulk shipment of PowerBooks and the first one is for your individual order. In any case, my bulk shipment left Taiwan at almost exactly the same time as yours. Finally, it showed up tonight as having cleared customs. I expect it tomorrow or Friday, although my individual tracking # still says it's in Taiwan!

mainemanx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 07:49 PM

... Finally, it showed up tonight as having cleared customs. I expect it tomorrow or Friday, although my individual tracking # still says it's in Taiwan!
Ditto, 1.25, 5400, 6:15am pdt, 16th, education.

kentuckyfried
Senior User
Sep 24, 2003, 07:52 PM

^ Hey guys, same exact thing with me. It says that Monday, it left Taiwan, so it should be here....Friday? Or the following Monday.

How are you guys all managing the pick-up? Stuff like this in college? No problem! Now that I'm working? A huge f**** pain in the a** Does Apple and Airborne not know that the majority of us have to work? What the hell is the deal with no pick-ups? I admit it's inconvenient to drive out to some god-forsaken mailing station depot (which was the case for UPS, I had drive to deep downtown San Jose), but hey, at least I didn't have to use up valuable vacation time.

Which reminds me, I need to talk to my boss about swapping one of my weekend days for this coming Friday possibly....

kentuckyfried
Senior User
Sep 24, 2003, 07:53 PM

Sorry if I'm being a whiney bitch. I just think the whole arrangement with shipping is very very dumb and unworkable.

PowerMatt
Senior User
Sep 24, 2003, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by PowerMatt:
It seems that Apple has upgraded my shipping to two-day. I don't know whether to be happy or not.
Now my shipping appears to be upgraded again to "Priority Overnite." Nonetheless, my BT keyboard just shipped via FedEx Ground. They also have it shipped to my billing address, and not my shipping address. WTF? Apple must be really overwheled right now (new G5s, PBs, iMacs, iPods).
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

machem
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 08:19 PM

I think you have the numbers reversed: the second one is for the bulk shipment of PowerBooks and the first one is for your individual order. In any case, my bulk shipment left Taiwan at almost exactly the same time as yours. Finally, it showed up tonight as having cleared customs. I expect it tomorrow or Friday, although my individual tracking # still says it's in Taiwan!
Well, I knew which was which. That' is pretty clear from the information contained in each.

If yours cleared customs tonite, I'm fairly sure mine did too. It seems that it is a crap shoot if the information is updated. My individual also says it's in Taiwan.

Waveman
Sep 24, 2003, 08:35 PM

Well, I knew which was which. That' is pretty clear from the information contained in each.

If yours cleared customs tonite, I'm fairly sure mine did too. It seems that it is a crap shoot if the information is updated. My individual also says it's in Taiwan.
Sorry... no offense intended.

I did want you to know about my bulk shipment having cleared customs, though. As you say, yours probably will also clear soon.

What drives me nuts about all this is that I would have been much happier not even knowing about the shipment from Taiwan. Apple would have done better to have sent me a notice saying that the PB shipped today.

When I put in my order, I was about to enter my home address for shipping, but thought better of it. The PB is supposed to go to my office, where there is always someone around during the day. It's going to be hard to keep working when it does arrive, though.

Best of luck with your PB.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 24, 2003, 08:38 PM

A question for those of you who have received your Powerbooks this week. Did Airborne's tracking page ever actually display "Cleared customs" while your 'book made the trip from Taiwan to your doorstep? I'm still trying to figure out where my PB is, and am no longer even sure if it has cleared customs yet.

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 08:53 PM

According to AirBum the tracking info would 'show up' once it clears Customs. My tracking info this morning showed it left/picked-up in Taipei, 9/22 6:50pm. Now it shows nothing. Very inconsistant. On and off. I paid for 2-3 day delivery (once it hits the West Coast). The Airbum agent said it would be over-nighted once it left LA. But, who the hell knows.

I just tried Explorer 5.2-instead of Safari for tracking info--and it NOW says picked up at shippers door!

9/22/03 6 : 05 pm In Transit.__ Taipei,_Taiwan
9/24/03 4 : 59 pm Picked Up by Airborne. Shipper's Door

Shipper:
APPLE COMPUTER CONS DISTR
Franklin_Park,_IL__60131
United States

Could it BE???
( Last edited by Kahpoosta Kid; Sep 24, 2003 at 09:00 PM. )

Kahpoosta Kid
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 09:04 PM

Could it BE??? [/B][/QUOTE]

Perhaps, we have been relying on Safari for all our tracking info. Explorer might appear more 'friendly' to Airbum (?)

arainert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 09:09 PM

Dear Apple,

Thank you so much for letting me know my powerbook's progress travelling through the Taiwan. Please send it my regards.

I would appreciate being notified when it *actually* ships (which seems as though it will be almost a full week after it *pretend* shipped).

Thank you.

.a

(I am only bitter because I am so eager to lay my little paws on the machine)
www.monoki.com

CorpITGuy
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by Kahpoosta Kid:
Could it BE???
Looks good, doesn't it? My 15" Al should be on a shipment that got to Chicago yesterday according to the waybill # (along with 17 other skids of Apple stuff).. but according to the tracking number, it's still In Transit from Taiwan.

Airborne sucks.

arainert
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2003, 09:19 PM

How can I find the magic waybill number? Is it a number other than my airborne number that seems to be Trapped in Taiwan?

Thanks,

a
www.monoki.com

mgehman
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 09:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nstehle:
Looks good, doesn't it? My 15" Al should be on a shipment that got to Chicago yesterday according to the waybill # (along with 17 other skids of Apple stuff).. but according to the tracking number, it's still In Transit from Taiwan.

Airborne sucks.
[/QUOTE
WAIT I THINK I HAVE THIS TRACKING THING FIGUERED OUT...ooooh nope sorry never mind
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
- Ernst Jan Plugge
MacBook Pro 2.33GHzDC 3GB RAM

mgehman
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 09:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mgehman:
Originally posted by nstehle:

Airborne sucks.
[/QUOTE
WAIT I THINK I HAVE THIS TRACKING THING FIGUERED OUT...ooooh nope sorry never mind
Seriously though I feel for you guys, I had the same experience with my rev.A 17". It is worth the wait.
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
- Ernst Jan Plugge
MacBook Pro 2.33GHzDC 3GB RAM

slider
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2003, 09:30 PM

Also adding myself to the list. 1.25GHz, single 512MB ram, 5400rpm HD, downgraded the dvd burner to a combo. I foolishly thought I would have it next week, but it does not even ship 'til until 10/01. Of course they say it's an open ended ship data so I will be checking like a bigger fool .

My PowerBook Sleeve will probably be here this week. Waterfield design, with shoulder strap, and flap, might get the piggyback later.

Also getting wireless keyboard, already shipped, and another AEBS. Not that the keyboard will do me any good.

Forum Links
Forum Rules