Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Florida Is Going To Get Nailed By Hurricane Wilma

Florida Is Going To Get Nailed By Hurricane Wilma
Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 02:09 AM

We got hit here in our neighborhood last year by hurricane Frances. Lost my car and part of my house and it was pretty bad. That's why I felt so bad for the hurricane victims of Katrina. We had some bad devastation where I live and hurricane Frances was only a cat 2. Wilma has just been declared a cat 4 and some are predicting it will hit Florida as a cat 5.

I think Florida is in for the worst storm ever.

I mentioned to some people once that if hurricane Katrina had come over South Florida that we could possibly have total devastation due to the flatness of the land and it would rival what happened in New Orleans.

Also, most people don't know this, but Lake Okeechobee in south Florida, middle of the state, is the source of most of south Florida's drinking water.

Here's the thing though: It is a lake that is contained by berms or huge earthen walls. That's it. So, if the lake gets REALLY full, the lake will overflow and could possibly breach the berm, break the berm, and there goes Lake Okeechobee. On top of that, there are towns all around the edge of the lake: Pahokee, Belle Glade, and Okeechobee. Those towns have some of the poorest people in the state and I have no idea how we would evacuate them out. Jeb Bush had better get on the ball and get them all out.

At the very least, a category 4 storm will raze the Everglades and will severely damage Lake Okeechobee, and Lake Okeechobee has not recovered from the hurricanes of last year. The water is still so muddy that most of the plant life has died from lack of sunlight and the fish population has plummeted. Now surface weeds choke the lake and South Florida water management has been worried about the water since last year. This is going to devastate the lake.

Lastly, the poor people of Punta Gorda, Florida, where hurricane Charley came through last year may get nailed again. That town looked like a nuke had hit it. There are about 500 people still living in tents and FEMA mobile homes because they have no homes left. I cannot imagine how they must feel hearing that Wilma may come through there again. Poor people.

I feel as though Wilma is going to be the worst hurricane Florida has ever had. I may be wrong, but I have a really bad feeling about this one.

( Last edited by Cody Dawg; Oct 19, 2005 at 02:17 AM. )

Psychonaut
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2005, 02:30 AM

Sarasota was braced for Charley last year, though we were spared when 3 hours before land-fall it decided to slam eastward into Punta Gorda. This time we may not be so lucky. This could be much worse than Andrew.
DBGFHRGL!

Ratm
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2005, 02:39 AM

Thank God I moved. Now I just need to prepare myself for earthquakes.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 02:49 AM

I have a home there, Psychonaut.

So, I have the misfortune of having Wilma devastate a home there then head across the state and devastate our home here.

Honestly, I feel sick to my stomach right now.

No, actually, I have a few tears in my eyes thinking of what happened to us last year.

Here are some images from our area, including our flooded house/neighborhood, our smashed car, and people with no food or water at local grocery stores. The picture of the car is my smashed Nissan, the car I bought because it was good on gas. The other pictures are are of my Suburban; after the Nisssan was smashed I gave up on being gas conscious and bought the Suburban to replace the Nissan so that I'd have the ability to pack a lot of stuff in it to leave when the next hurricanes came.

In fact, I'm thinking that I'd better go get gas and food and water tonight in the middle of the night because tomorrow will be a madhouse. I'm sure we're going to have a gas/fuel crisis within two days. Last time we all ran out of gas. Speaking of which, I just convinced myself that I'd better go fill up now.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 06:20 AM

i just read on yahoo that its now a cat. 5 hurricane - jeez this is a crazy hurricane season

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

Ham Sandwich
Oct 19, 2005, 06:23 AM

If you're fearing the worse, why are you still there?

Just curious. Knowing that a storm of this size is even going to be close, I'd of high-tailed it out of there days ago.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by screamingFit
If you're fearing the worse, why are you still there?

Just curious. Knowing that a storm of this size is even going to be close, I'd of high-tailed it out of there days ago.
Stupidity
And federally subsidized insurance.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 06:47 AM

Just heard on the radio, for whatever that might be worth, that the storm should be weakening before reaching Florida.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
Stupidity
And federally subsidized insurance.
Are you Cody's official spokesperson, or just a fanboy of hers?

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 07:53 AM

Drop the whiteknight crap dumbass

I tired of you so long ago I ceased even responding to your old handle much less this one
If you want to go on ahead and orally service YDC leave me out of it. I don't care who you've become BFF with.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 08:00 AM

Ydc? Bff?

Ok, Roger?

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 08:13 AM

Drop the whiteknight crap dumbass

I tired of you so long ago I ceased even responding to your old handle much less this one
If you want to go on ahead and orally service YDC leave me out of it. I don't care who you've become BFF with.

If you tire of people making fun of you for constantly harrassing the gal, quit doing it.

It's just that simple.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2005, 08:16 AM

I fear that the Everglades will overflow and the Pythons will take over Miami.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 08:20 AM

Listen loser,

It isn't "people" who have a boner for YDC, its you.
If you have a problem with me please feel free to address it where ever you choose. But when I speak to you, which is hardly ever, you'll know it. When I address her keep your erection to yourself.

Go get a job and spend less time on the forum.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 08:23 AM

Listen loser,
OH NOZ!
It isn't people who have a boner for YDC, its you.
If you have a problem with me please feel free to address it where ever you choose. But when I speak to you, which is hardly ever, you'll know it. When I address her keep your erection to yourself.
How utterly pretentious. You either think waay too much of yourself. Or you are really insecure.

I am betting the latter.

I couldn't care less either way. I'll continue to make fun of you.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 08:27 AM

Say what you will, you have a hard time holding down a job. That little fact speaks volumes.
At least Mike had a drinking problem. I will continue to pity you.

Loser.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 08:30 AM

Say what you will, you have a hard time holding down a job. That little fact speaks volumes.
Uh, I do? I must not be the person you think I am. I have been working since I was 17.
At least Mike had a drinking problem.

Loser.
Who the hell is Mike?

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2005, 08:31 AM

That's a pretty big stick cap't o has up his butt.

While CD can be annoying at times, I think your venom is a bit misplaced. You're getting as bad ad budster.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2005, 08:33 AM

Captain Obvious has got the hots for Cody!

...and she's way out of his league! Ha! Ha!1!!
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 08:55 AM

Its not misplaced. She's YDC for a reason.
Its easy to come by stupidity, just look at Zimphire. But the caliber of stupidity she reaches is why it might not be a bad idea for society to look into eugenic theories. Its hard to miss her idiocy, as one out of ever three retarded topics begun in the lounge can be credited to her.

If you must know why I acknowledge her at all it is in the faint chance she will do what she's done a handful of times and erase what she posts. It is mostly motivated by her need to hide her dribble from public record but whatever the case its less of her on the forum.
I mostly do it though because she deserves it. If she could have kept her mouth shut here: http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=169685 it would have all never begun

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2005, 08:57 AM

Its not misplaced. She's YDC for a reason.
Its easy to come by stupidity, just look at Zimphire. But the caliber of stupidity she reaches is why it might not be a bad idea for society to look into eugenic theories. Its hard to miss her idiocy, as one out of ever three retarded topics begun in the lounge can be credited to her.

If you must know why I acknowledge her at all it is in the faint chance she will do what she's done a handful of times and erase what she posts. It is mostly motivated by her need to hide her dribble from public record but whatever the case its less of her on the forum.
I mostly do it though because she deserves it. If she could have kept her mouth shut here: http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=169685 it would have all never begun

Originally Posted by Doofy
Captain Obvious has got the hots for Cody!

...and she's way out of his league! Ha! Ha!1!!
I think you may be on to something.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 09:39 AM

Well, the weather here all night has been weird. Storming all night long with intermitten lulls. The yard is officially flooded. I went in the middle of the night to get water from Wal-mart and all water was gone. The nice floor waxer guys went into the back and got me some water that they were saving for themselves after I gave them a bag of cookies to eat. (I wish them all good karma.)

I don't know if it's going to be a cat 2 or a cat 4 or 5 when it comes ashore but one thing is for sure: It's coming ashore right where Charley devastated the state last year and left many homeless.

Hi Kevin. Hi Doofy. Hi Randman. Hi Mastrap. Hi rozwado1 (hope you're doing well - PM me sometime and tell me how it's going.)

brapper
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 10:27 AM

Listen loser,

It isn't "people" who have a boner for YDC, its you.

Go get a job and spend less time on the forum.
....wow. Just a little heads-up, you're coming across a little creepy over Cody Dawg. Might want to lay off, just a bit.

Cody, be safe.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 10:30 AM

"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my band • my web site • my guitar effects • my photos • facebook • brightpoint

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 10:41 AM

Maury: I LOVE those pix!

I had to save that one.

Oh, and brapper?

wow. Just a little heads-up, you're coming across a little creepy over Cody Dawg. Might want to lay off, just a bit.

Cody, be safe.
Yes, that is duly noted.

Never thought of it that way but maybe you're right.

He always has been obsessed with stalking me here at the forums.

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 10:42 AM

You never should have posted pics of your hooters. That did it for him.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my band • my web site • my guitar effects • my photos • facebook • brightpoint

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 10:47 AM

Actually, they're my yams. Remember, I live near My-Yam-Me.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 10:47 AM

You are in my prayers as always Cody. I'm here to be supportive whenever you are in need. Please don't hesitate to contact me.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 10:48 AM

Hi WD!

See you inna minute.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2005, 10:50 AM

[

demograph68
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 10:53 AM

CO is always so negative. But his fights are very entertaining and he's cute too.

Jim Paradise
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2005, 10:55 AM

Just remember, it's not the government's fault if aid arrives rather late.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by RAILhead
You never should have posted pics of your hooters.
Wait. What? Did I miss the nekked Saab pics or something?
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2005, 11:13 AM

I think CO is losing it....he's turning into Cap'n Cranky.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 11:42 AM

be safe 'NN floridians. even you cody

but once the storm clears, loot^H^H^H^H^H^H find (white people find things, right?) me some cool stuff from the apple store. i could use a new watch too.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 19, 2005, 04:37 PM

Ugh, I'm all in favor of hurricanes makin' a close sweep, I just don't support direct hits.

Since I've lived in my current apartment, I see this area has a bit of a power problem.. I've lived elsewhere locally where power remained through quite a bit, but not here. That takes the fun out of hurricane parties, etc.

I'll be going to my neighbor's 14th floor condo overlooking a bit of DT Ft. Lauderdale:

I think we need a new hurricane thread though. One that's not started by CD. Too much drama.
ice

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 04:47 PM

Its easy to come by stupidity, just look at Zimphire.
You sure you got the right person now Capt? You know, not that OTHER person that keeps losing jobs and knows a alchoholic mike?

At least when going on a hiss and honk, get the people right. And if you don't, don't call them stupid. It makes you look like a moron.

Sorry Capt, you are teh lose.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 04:57 PM

Randman:

That was very funny. (The pic.)

I'm too tired. I didn't get enough sleep and today I feel like crapola.

(As an aside, I always that "crapola" should be a kind of cereal...you know...like a little song jingle that goes, "Start your day-o, today-o, with a bowl-a...CRAPOL-A!")

Okay, so maybe I'm the only one that thinks that it is amusing.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 19, 2005, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
You sure you got the right person now Capt? You know, not that OTHER person that keeps losing jobs and knows a alchoholic mike?

At least when going on a hiss and honk, get the people right. And if you don't, don't call them stupid. It makes you look like a moron.

Sorry Capt, you are teh lose.
You've got to be the most annoying person to visit the lounge. I could care less this particular thread staying on course, but god damn, you are just annoying as hell.

Grow up.

(and don't supply excuses or reasons for your annoyingness. Just stop being annoying)
ice

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Oct 19, 2005, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Who the hell is Mike?
MikeM32, later MikeM33. I thought you were already here by the time he left. Guess not.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2005, 05:19 PM

My. Head. Hurts.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure
You've got to be the most annoying person to visit the lounge.
Well that is a nice opinion
I could care less this particular thread staying on course
So? When has it been up to you?
but god damn, you are just annoying as hell.
Read above about the opinion stuff.
Grow up.

(and don't supply excuses or reasons for your annoyingness. Just stop being annoying)
No excuse. Not trying to be annoying. If your post was a example of HOW NOT to be annoying. You failed.

I it has nothing to do with growing up. Captian Oblivious keeps following Cody around personally attacking her.

It's getting old, many people in here are sick of reading about him cry-babying about how he doesn't like Cody.

And now you are doing it because you don't like me.

THAT is annoying.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2005, 06:07 PM

Look, everyone! Funny bananas!
The one in front is saying "WOO! WOO! WOO!".
I don't know what the guy in back is doing, just dancin' I guess.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 19, 2005, 06:25 PM

demograph68
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2005, 07:06 PM

I <3 Kevin too... and Jesus... where is SWG on this? This could be the best orgy we've seen in months!

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 20, 2005, 12:06 AM

I will not be getting nailed by any Wilma.

Salty
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2005, 01:03 AM

I gota say, can't stand people who pick a fight with someone like CodyDawg. She's generally exceptionally nice... then again Cap O is often genuinely mean spiritied for no reason. That said she's not an idiot, she's not stupid, you simply have a problem with basic civil behaviour. Now go get some sort of therapy so the rest of us don't have to put up with your arrogant insecurity driven vindictive behaviour.

Footy
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2005, 01:44 AM

Good old Mike!

Originally Posted by nonhuman
MikeM32, later MikeM33. I thought you were already here by the time he left. Guess not.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 20, 2005, 07:13 AM

Wait, was mike the one that used to brag about bringing home strippers?

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2005, 07:18 AM

Who doesn't like strippers? Seriously? I tell my husband to take some of the guys from work and go to Rachels all of the time.

This thread is now about great strip clubs.

Forum Links
Forum Rules