Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My Macbook's not discolored...

My Macbook's not discolored...
Helmling
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2006, 10:20 PM

Just dirty.

My palm-rest area is dirty. What's the best solution to clean it?

azncreazion
Aug 20, 2006, 11:49 PM

iklear.......... some wipes?

nickw311
Senior User
Aug 21, 2006, 12:06 AM

I think that "dirty" is the discoloration that is occurring. If it is turning brown, that is what is happening to mine and it cannot be cleaned off.
27" iMac C2D

samarharb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2006, 12:35 AM

Hey. I actually read about the discolouration in mabooks the first week i bought mine. I didn't see any discolouration in mine until about last week. I just replaced it for a new one however i bought this silicon cover off ebay to prevent any further discoloration incase it happens again, since i read some people have actually replaced it and its happened again. Here is an example
eBay.ca: New KeyBoard Silicone Cover Skin For MacBook Pro(Clear) (item 250019988405 end time 21-Aug-06 12:28:04 EDT)

anyhow i hope that helps

azncreazion
Aug 21, 2006, 12:21 PM

I use that with my new topcase, and my topcase is now turning blue again.

soulboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 21, 2006, 12:45 PM

My track pad has gone a strange brown colour. Apple UK have told me they have no stocks of track pads and it will be away for about 14 working days.......so I am living with it for the mo, but will take it in late september before I go on my break......so as disscussed many times this dicolouration is not uncommon ?

Helmling  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by nickw311
I think that "dirty" is the discoloration that is occurring. If it is turning brown, that is what is happening to mine and it cannot be cleaned off.
Well, I "cleaned" it a little simply by wetting my finger and rubbing it, so I'm thinking this is not "discoloration."

Forum Links
Forum Rules