Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > So, where is the Mac Mini ad campaign ?

So, where is the Mac Mini ad campaign ?
Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2005, 05:21 AM

Where is it ? How does Apple expect people to even know about the Mac Mini if they don't advertise it ? It's the same every time - the only Apple computer that seemed to have any marketing effort at all was the original iMac.

It's the same for the OS too - I've never seen a TV ad that in any way demonstrates the Mac OS, or even shows it (apart from, ironically, that Intel Centrino ad !).

Time for Apple to produce some iPod-styled TV adverts for the Mac mini and iMac I think. They can't expect the halo effect to all the work for them...

Spacemanspiff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 11:32 AM

First, I think Apple have to make shure they can deliver the mini's already ordered...
I ordered a 1.42 AP/BT/512 on february 23, and got delivery-date on or before mars 29.

Not good and a looong wait.

If they can't deliver fast enough - why waste money on an ad-campain right now?

(Live in Sweden, ordered from Apple Store Sweden (student discount 10% ))

the_shadow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 11:49 AM

I don think they are going to need any. Minis are running off the shelves like hot bread.

I got mine, when they will just unpacking the box here at one of the Apple stores in Miami. They were getting six of them, I took one and there were two more guys waiting for them. I don't think the six they got made to the end of the day.

The other store (we have two in Miami)didn't have any in stock.
The Shadow Knows...

sworthy
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2005, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Gee4orce:
Where is it ?
Stop making so much sense

I have no idea why they aren't hyping this more. Sure, most technies have heard about it, but that's not necessarily who they are targeting with this machine. Get a clue already, Apple!

PBG4 User
Senior User
Mar 9, 2005, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by Gee4orce:

It's the same for the OS too - I've never seen a TV ad that in any way demonstrates the Mac OS, or even shows it (apart from, ironically, that Intel Centrino ad !).
If you watch the FedEx/Kinkos ad closely you'll see PowerBooks running OS X. It's the only time I've seen OS X on TV.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

icibaqu
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2005, 08:26 PM

it's backordered 3-4 weeks.

jmonty12
Mar 9, 2005, 08:36 PM

Personally I'd wait get get one until Tiger comes out. Might as well get it for "free."

Forum Links
Forum Rules