Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP 17", first unboxing vid on YouTube

MBP 17", first unboxing vid on YouTube
Pagga
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2009, 05:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNCihPgfkno

It´s not mine. I have to wait much longer for it...

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2009, 09:31 AM

This may come across the wrong way but am I the only one who wonders about these "unboxing" videos.

I can understand the people's excitement of getting a new computer but creating a video of it. Its just a computer. I mean do we see unboxing videos of someone's new dishwasher, or tv?

edit: what I do find interesting is the articles about the computer and/or the disassembly videos that show up on ifixit because they show you how the computer was built and what components it uses.
~Mike

solofx7
Mac Elite
Feb 22, 2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Maflynn View Post
This may come across the wrong way but am I the only one who wonders about these "unboxing" videos.

I can understand the people's excitement of getting a new computer but creating a video of it. Its just a computer. I mean do we see unboxing videos of someone's new dishwasher, or tv?

edit: what I do find interesting is the articles about the computer and/or the disassembly videos that show up on ifixit because they show you how the computer was built and what components it uses.
I must admit that I am going to watch the video.
Me going to watch it, hmmm... not sure if that speaks more to my extreme dorkiness or that of the video creator.
In this instance though the reason that I am even going to see the video is because I have a 15 inch unibody macbook pro, and I wanted the 17, but alas it was not avail.
So I being a big mac fan will watch the video in envy until I can sell mine or become insanely rich
iMac 27inch 3.4 i7 16gb ram, MacBook Air 11 inch i5 128gb, iMac 27inch 2.8 i7 8gb ram, MacBook Pro 17 inch 2.66 i7, 4gb ram 500gb HDD Seagate XT,
iPhone 4 - Time Capsule 2tb, Apple TV - iPad 2 64gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules