Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Sync Macmini with a Macbook

Sync Macmini with a Macbook
matpop
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 17, 2006, 10:24 AM

Hi, reading all threads "macbook vs macbook pro" i've decided to buy a black macbook; i've only two questions for you guys, the first one is about Parallels: I would like to bring my macbook to work and run XP with Parallels, it's smooth on a macbook? I don't want to use bootcamp cause some tasks i would prefer to use os x.
The secon question is about sync my Macmini at home with the macbook; what i mean is that i would like to keep a copy of my docs,photos(iPhoto) and songs (iTunes) always with me on the macbook. Is there any software that can do this? Better if wi-fi.
Thank you and sorry for my english.
MacMini with 23" Apple display...............

chefpastry
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2006, 10:39 AM

I tested Parallels briefly and was amazed at how well it performed. Keep in mind that I only tested simple things such as browsing the internet, watching some streaming video, etc.

Try looking at something like SuperDuper! to help sync your files.

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Aug 17, 2006, 10:46 AM

I use https://www.foldershare.com/ to sync files between my 2 Macs. It does it over the internet, so it works where ever you are, so long as both Macs are on and connected to the net. I find it very useful
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules