Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Call Of Duty 2 Not Working At All Through BootCamp On My MacBook!Some 1 Pls Help :(:(

Call Of Duty 2 Not Working At All Through BootCamp On My MacBook!Some 1 Pls Help :(:(
KiD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2007, 06:57 PM

Hi Guys,

I really need your help on this one.

Since i've seen on forums, Call Of Duty 2(Cod 2) working on MacBook's i'm really concerned that it's not working at all on my MacBook!

When I try to run the game it gives me a Direct X Unrecoverable Error - Please Check Faq For Possible Solutions.

Can someone please help me?

Appreciate your help!

Best Regards,
KiD
MacBook, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb Ram..

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 12:58 PM

I noticed that same problem with my MacBook and the CoD2 demo via Windows. Unfortunately, I don't know of any fixes (and a quick Google search shows a lot more people with the same problem with the GMA 950). However, if it's any consolation, the Mac version works surprisingly well.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 6, 2007, 01:36 PM

Yet another reason to avoid the macbook because of it's horrible graphics card.

KiD  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 7, 2007, 04:15 AM

Apple should put a graphics card, not that integrated ****!But what can you do, the specifications list sounds so much more boring when there's included that Intel Chip!!
MacBook, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb Ram..

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2007, 01:32 PM

The problem is either with CoD2's developers or with the driver supplied by Intel. The GMA 950 is more than powerful enough to run CoD2 (as I mentioned, the Mac version runs very well on a MacBook), but there's obviously a bug somewhere. This type of error would not and should not appear due to an "underpowered" video card.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

wake266
Jan 7, 2007, 11:56 PM

get the mac version of cod2....

Bob Marley
Mar 9, 2007, 05:17 PM

yeah,

Go youtube and search macbook call of duty 2, it works.
PC version isnt compatible with intel chipsets, cause PCs use more demanding stuff

Forum Links
Forum Rules