Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Power problems on a macbook

Power problems on a macbook
RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Aug 8, 2008, 09:30 AM

I have a macbook, and while the battery was getting rundown, and it was time for a replacement, now the book won't consistently stay on. The green light on the power cord is on, but either the book won't start at all, or it will sometimes just shuts down. If this is a power supply problem and needs replacement, where will I find the best deals on this.

Thanks

wake266
Aug 8, 2008, 07:29 PM

my macbook wouldnt start, and if it did it would go off. The problem turned out to be the computer though it was too hot and shut off, even if it wasnt hot at all. the fix was to download a firmware update using the software update. It worked fine for a year. Now the problem has resurfaced. my computer is in the apple store getting worked on now. they say the logic board is messed up. perhaps you have the same issue. it would be best to take it into the store, assuming you have one near you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules