Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPad Safari stuck on error

iPad Safari stuck on error
wadesworld
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2013, 12:17 AM

My wife's iPad (latest generation, running latest software), is stuck on an error page displaying what I assume is a Javascript error message.

The error message is coming from the store she was browsing and says "The item you selected is not available with those options."

Unfortunately, the error message blocks all interaction with Safari. I can't click on any buttons or controls. If I quit Safari and relaunch it, I'm right back on the same page and the error pops up before I can do anything.

Anyone know a way to change to what page the browser is pointing? I can probably fix it by clearing the caches and cookies, but I'd prefer not to take that step if I can avoid it.

ghporter
Administrator
Nov 26, 2013, 07:18 AM

When you say "quit and relaunch," are you saying you use the Home button to exit Safari, or are you saying that you actually close the app by double-clicking the Home button (or using the 4-finger swipe gesture) and then actually close the app? Just exiting an app does not quit it, and that's what's most people's problem with "stuck" apps.

You could also just reboot the iPad. Hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the screen goes black. It should begin to reboot within a few seconds, though some particularly harsh lockups may require the user to wait a few moments and then press and hold the Sleep button to restart the iPad.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules