Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iTview DV...Bugdom crash

iTview DV...Bugdom crash
MAlan
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2000, 02:01 PM

Last night I was fooling around with my new iTview DV. It works pretty well after you optimize settings with the control panel they provide and play with contrast and brightness controls on the TV.

One thing that was a nuisance though was the fact that when I was playing bugdom...after I tried a couple DVD's and some other games the game froze.

Upon rebooting I tried opening the control strip to switch resolutions from 640 x 480 back to 1024 x 768. Well...it crashed again and then a third time until I finally opened that control strip...reset the resolution then shut down and unhooked the iTiew DV.

I haven't had bugdom crash like that in the middle of the game since the very beginning when I bought the machine...then I downloaded the Bugdom fix that Pangea had on their web site and have had no problems since.

I was swinging on a rope in Level 9 when it crashed. This particular sequence must take quite a bit of horsepower to render the 3-D images for the game.

My theory is that the iTview DV can't keep up with games that need that kind of horsepower after its been on for awhile. I noticed that the AC/DC adaptor plug for the iTview DV was very hot after I unplugged it. The iTview itself was a bit hot as well. I'm just wondering whether it can keep up with the 117 Hz refresh rate that the iMac produces at 640 x 480.

-Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules