Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Ipod in constant hold mode

Ipod in constant hold mode
matchgal20
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2003, 02:48 AM

Hi guys,

I've often looked to this forum for help with my mac needs, and I appreciate all the great help you guys give.

I have a problem: my ipod decided to freeze (I don't know when it occured, I was on campus and walking.) When I went to turn it off before a class, I noticed that when I tried to unlock it, it wouldn't. I've tried restoring it in hopes of resetting it, but to no avail. If I unmount the ipod and I try to use it, it's stuck on the Language menu and I'm not able to use the buttons at all. If it's off, I can't even turn it on. It seems to always think it's locked.

It's a 3G 30Gig pod.

Can anyone offer any help?

aktive
Oct 14, 2003, 07:09 AM

I dont mean to sound simplistic or anything, but have you tried actually resetting the ipod? You do this by pressing and holding the menu and the play/pause button together for a few seconds. The screen will then go blank and the apple logo will appear. Now just wait for it to restart. If you have tried this, then I don't know what else to do.

If this doesn't fix it, try ringing apple up, if your iPod is still within its warranty (which I'm guessing it is, as its a 3G ipod) then they'll just take a few details and arrange for a courier to come and pick it up. Then they will either repair it and send it back to you, or just send you a brand new ipod.

Hope this helps,
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do."

matchgal20  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2003, 07:48 AM

Yeah, I've tried resetting it, but nothing changes. I'm thinking of getting Apple to repair it or replace it tomorrow. I'm going to leave it off the dock for 24 hours and try again (as suggested by the Apple support site)

Forum Links
Forum Rules