Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Multipoint gradient tool for Photoshop?

Multipoint gradient tool for Photoshop?
Lebodde
Forum Regular
Jul 10, 2007, 12:53 PM

Hello,

I have a wide panorama that is missing several pieces of the sky. I need to extend teh sky to fill in the holes. On a standard photo you can pretty much use the PS gradient tool to fill in the holes but on a wide pano, the sky goes through a lot of hue variations. The gradient tool only allows you to grad between two colors. I am wondering if there is a tool or plugin that will let you select mutliple colors over the horizon and blend between them.

Thank you for any help.

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2007, 09:25 PM

If its just blue sky you could use the clone tool at 5 or 10% to gradually romance the color into the voids. Alternate between darken and lighten as needed.

andi*pandi
Jul 11, 2007, 10:43 AM

with the gradient tool selected, click on the sample gradient showing in the top toolbar. This will bring up the gradient editor where you can make a custom gradient with multiple colors.

(I never knew this til today, who knew the photoshop help would be useful? I've always just done multiple gradients on multiple layers and adjusted from there.)

Lebodde  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks guys.

Andi. I also discovered the same trick yesterday. Very helpful!

Forum Links
Forum Rules