Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple executives meet with Turkish President Abdullah Gul

Apple executives meet with Turkish President Abdullah Gul
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 1, 2013, 01:48 PM

A group of Apple executives including education VP John Couch met with Turkish President Abdullah Gul earlier today, according to reports. The two parties talked about several topics, such as the Turkish "F-keyboard" in iOS, which people have complained has some keys in bad positions. One of the main topics though was the government's $4.5 billion tablet program, which could see as many as 15 million tablets reach Turkish students.

Apple has reportedly been bidding to make the iPad Turkey's tablet of choice, but negotiations are still in progress. The iPad is becoming a staple in some North American classrooms; a Turkish contract, however, could provide a large bonus to Apple's bottom line, and establish the iPad in the minds of the country's children. The company has been putting more emphasis on Turkey in recent months, for instance by launching sales of iTunes movies and music in the region, and starting work on an Istanbul Apple Store. The country has been relatively neglected in past product campaigns, but could see more attention as Apple tries to expand its markets and win the Turkish government's favor.

todds6776
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2013, 02:01 PM

I hope the Apple executives are safe and sound since today there was a bombing of the US Embassy in Turkey. Not a great time to be there.

blahblahbber
Banned
Feb 1, 2013, 03:03 PM

When is it a great time to be there? This east asia has always welcomed feudal blood. It's in their genes. Strongest people I think are in afghanistan.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post
When is it a great time to be there? This east asia has always welcomed feudal blood. It's in their genes. Strongest people I think are in afghanistan.
Um, what exactly do you know about Turkey, apart from "nothing at all"?

psdenno
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2013, 10:23 PM

When did Turkey get moved to east Asia? My atlas must be way out of date. Perhaps I should check Google Earth.....as should blahblahbber.

blahblahbber
Banned
Feb 2, 2013, 04:40 PM

Eurasian... is that better?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 2, 2013, 05:11 PM

The bit about feudal blood and all that crap is a lot worse than the fact that you have no ****ing clue which country this thread is about.

steadyroller
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2013, 03:37 PM

Especially if you are a little kid attending school! Cause they bomb the embassies every year in Turkey but the school massacres in the US are soooo rare! Short Apple, next stop $260.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 3, 2013, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by steadyroller View Post
Especially if you are a little kid attending school! Cause they bomb the embassies every year in Turkey but the school massacres in the US are soooo rare!
When is it a great time to be there? This Wild West has always welcomed greenhorn blood. It's in their Cowboy genes. Strongest people I think are in Texas.

Forum Links
Forum Rules