Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > This is why I now have a receding hair line.

This is why I now have a receding hair line.
vega24
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 8, 2001, 02:09 PM

For a month now I've been working on setting up a forum on my website and well, here it is www.windowsxplained.com . It's a forum for us that are Macintosh deficent.

When you go there you'll notice a few things. One, it's a vBulletin forum and not UBB, the reason I chose it is, at first, back when I was still debating whether I even wanted to attempt this or not, I didn't know which to use, vBulletin or UBB. They both are good, but then after awhile, I decided to go with vBulletin v2.2, that's the newest version. It was cheaper, their web site had all the information and support I could ask for, they even offered professional installation, and plus I like the way it looks and feels behind the scenes. Two, I'm still working on getting more and better news in the Tech News forum. I'm not just going to link to someones site without their permission so I've sent out about a dozen emails to various news and reviews sites asking for permission to link to them. When I start getting more emails back I'll be able to provide more and more news and reviews for people to read and then discuss in the forums. Three, no Mods. Not yet anyways. I have a few friends in mind, but it's really an issue if they have the time or not. I also be taking my A+ Cert. class this month and maybe I'll make a few contacts then, but if anyones interested...

Even though I've spent the last 3-4 days setting it up, customizing it, and tweaking it, I still don't know how it's going to react on different systems with different browsers and different sized monitors so, if you could be so kind as to pop in and check it out and then let me know what you think, I would greatly appriciate it and if you have any questions, just ask.

Anyways, it's lunch time and I'm hungry.

Thanks Guys

Niubi
Banned
Nov 9, 2001, 12:33 AM

It's avery nice and speedy forums... BUT

It's all about Wintel crap....

yuck I don't want that....

it must be hard thou starting a forums from scratch, with only 2 users at the moment.. I wish you every luck with it though, iit certainly seems a fantastically professional setup you have.

Best of luck

vega24  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2001, 12:39 AM

A little feedback here would be helpful. Seriously, I'd like to know how the site looks using a Mac browser. Whether it's loading correctly, if there's any error messages, if the colors are too bright, too dark, too weird so I'll know if I need to go back and recode anything. Different browsers can sometimes load things completely different. I'd just like to know if it loads OK on a Mac that's all.

Niubi
Banned
Nov 9, 2001, 12:42 AM

the pages load, and look fine.....

Just keep hawking it around and get the users up!

of course Im using IE 5, iMac 400 DV

Come On ppl, help this fella out!

IUJHJSDHE
Mac Elite
Nov 9, 2001, 12:57 AM

Why all the PC **** ?

vega24  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2001, 02:12 AM

Thanks Niubi. I'm glad to hear it loads fine. I really didn't want to spend tomorrow debugging.

Yes, this is going to be quite an adventure I believe. It's already been the source of many sleepless nights, but I'm determined and that's what counts. I'll get the word out none the less and find a few moderators to help take some of the load off of me. I've got some good ideas to help promote the site, however; the site just went online yesterday morning, so I'm working from the ground up here.

Yeah, it's about Wintels, but that doesn't mean anything. It doesn't stop me from still being active on this forum and if the interest is there I'll add "The G4 Camp" under "The AMD Camp". It would help give some balance to the forum.

I just hope that everyone from this forum knows that they are always welcomed at mine, Mac or no Mac.

Oh well, it's late and the moon resembles half eaten cheese. Time to rest Dan's weary eyes.

imacman11
Nov 9, 2001, 04:32 AM

Well, I have to say, it LOOKS really good...content is quick and efficient... I like it...that is, I like its design and function...not what it deals with

Forum Links
Forum Rules