Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What will happen to Apple when Steve Jobs departs?

What will happen to Apple when Steve Jobs departs? (Page 2)
slider
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2005, 06:24 AM

Perhaps we should reconsider this moral issue related to the whole cloning thing.

Or, Steve should immediately start the development of a "Reality Distortion Field Detector". The prospect with the biggest one gets the "job". It'll have to be very carefully tuned as BS is so often confused with RDF, probably have to run on both PPC and Intel processors to help compensate for that fine line.

Seriously, I've often wondered about it, Steve leaving, or dying for that matter. Unless Apple has becomes a Goliath or at least has a continuous cumulative growth effect when SJ is gone, it will have to be someone with vision, if that latter, then some one who at least knows what he/she has and enough intelligence not to screw it up. Job's can name anyone he likes, and the board might name him, but he could just as well get boated by some different board 5 years down the line.

Anyways, it's a real concern, and who knows, knowing SJ I wouldn't be surprised if he has thought of this and has been building a base built on his vision so it can survive when that day comes. I hope so, I'd love to be using a Mac in 2050.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2005, 01:20 PM

Karl Lagerfeld. He has like 20 iPods and even made a case just to carry them all. Now he has some big fashion show with a giant iMac like computer.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/k...obs-130062.php

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

milhous
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2005, 01:40 PM

i'm betting that jobs will bring in an outsider when he's ready to leave though i really can't think of anyone that could fill the role.

hmm, perhaps mark cuban.
F = ma

FulcrumPilot
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2005, 07:51 PM

One of these days they are going to ask Steve Ballmer to knock it off. Apple will be lucky to have someone like him.
_,.
a solitary firefly flies at nite
into the darkness an endless flight
a million flashes of delight.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Oct 10, 2005, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker
Karl Lagerfeld. He has like 20 iPods and even made a case just to carry them all. Now he has some big fashion show with a giant iMac like computer.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/k...obs-130062.php
That would be hilarious:

Then again, it might not be so bad... It would certainly add spice to the keynotes.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2005, 05:40 AM

I think they just need to clone Steve. Have a backup or two just in case.

Forum Links
Forum Rules