Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > iPhone users complain of battery, heat issues in iOS 6.1 [U]

iPhone users complain of battery, heat issues in iOS 6.1 [U]
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 8, 2013, 05:36 PM

[Updated with info from AOL on the "meeting managment" bug] Some iPhone owners are complaining about battery life and/or overheating after upgrading to iOS 6.1, according to multiple threads on Apple's support forums. The exact cause of the problems is unknown, but one owner notes that their phone appears to have been running something in the background, and that a factory reset fixed the situation. Some reports specifically suggest that the problem is related to Mail's handling of Exchange.

iOS 6.1 is believed to be creating corrupt meetings in Exchange, which can force devices into a sync loop and play havoc with Exchange servers. AOL has sent a memo to its iPhone users noting that the meetings bug causes "unusually high traffic" and requiring its employees to temporarily disable the meeting management ability on iOS devices using 6.1. Excessive sync attempts could explain unexpected background activity, and especially power drain, since constant wireless use will rapidly deplete mobile devices. If the Exchange issues are indeed the root of the problem, it would also explain why many iPhone upgraders are not experiencing the bug. AOL said it is working with Microsoft and Apple to resolve the problem. A temporary fix for Exchange trouble can be found on DevCentral. Otherwise, people may have to wait and see if iOS 6.1.1 solves the glitches.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 8, 2013 at 08:18 PM. )

Grendelmon
Senior User
Feb 10, 2013, 01:25 PM

I have my company exchange account configured on both my iPad and Touch. I always wait at LEAST 30 days before I even think about upgrading iOS. Glad I waited this one out, too.

Get your s!@t together, Apple.

blahblahbber
Banned
Feb 11, 2013, 02:12 AM

s!@t means slut?.... 'cause crApple already means dooki.

Forum Links
Forum Rules