Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > my iSub hates 9.2.2

my iSub hates 9.2.2
Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2001, 09:32 PM

as do I, but for once something is working in X and not 9... what's that all about? it shows in my hardware profiles.

Hi I'm Ben  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 24, 2001, 10:38 PM

actually...

the problem is... i have a cube, the iSub isn't "supposed' to work, but it does in OS X, it doesn't in OS 9

is there a particular reason a piece of hardware would actually work in OS X and not 9? I know you can't have two USB audio devices plugged in at once..
is there something OS X does differently with USB?

rkt
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2001, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by Hi I'm Ben:
<STRONG>the problem is... i have a cube, the iSub isn't "supposed' to work, but it does in OS X, it doesn't in OS 9</STRONG>
i have a isub too (just the 'sub, not the sound sticks package). according to the box it will only work with slot-loadin imacs. it refused to work in macos 9 on a g4 powerbook or a lombard g3 powerbook - you could plug it in but no sound would be produced.

yesterday i discovered that it works with my beige g3 desktop (through a belkin usb&firewire pci card) running macos x 10.1.2. i'm hoping that apple consider this a /feature/ rather than a /bug/ and don't "fix" it in later versions.

as a side note, i can also use a pair of apple pro speakers (the usb type that only come with a cube) with all the above in macos 9. however in macos x on the beige g3 they will not work at the same time as the isub. sound either comes out one or the other depending on what you select in the sound output panel of system settings.

will macos x only support one usbaudio device at a time?

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: rkt ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules