Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] SimpleX v2.0

[ANN] SimpleX v2.0
swiz
GUI Punk
Mar 16, 2004, 10:08 AM

SimpleX is now available for Panther.
There are a few updates to the theme but for the most part it was just an upgrade for Panther compatibility.

Click preview to grab yours.

BTW, SimpleX is bundled with the new ShapeShifter release.
( Last edited by swiz; Mar 16, 2004 at 10:39 AM. )

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

Makki
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 10:19 AM

SWIZ you da man hehe.

Thanks for doing Simplex i know i was expecting in May as we spoke of on funmac however im glad to see it out today.

Great Job Swiz
Makki

{EDIT}There is a error in the url the url is missing the z so here is the correct url
http://swizcore.com/SS/macOSX.php {EDIT}

RedStar
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 10:19 AM

---Included in shapeshifter 1.2---

Might save people the extra download.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 10:33 AM

Great!!
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 10:57 AM

VERY nice theme! This theme will be "complete" (much like JetBlack and other themes) when we get the ability to alter the finder background colors in the sidebar. Other than that, this theme is awesome!

Holigen
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 11:41 AM

Nice and smooth...

.: 15" PowerBook G4 - 1.5 GHz - 512 MB RAM - ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128 MB VRAM - 80 GB HD @ 5400 rpm :.

brutal
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 12:33 PM

Ah, man! I LOVE this theme!!

I�m not to keen on the metal-look though. How do I demetalize Finder and Safari?

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 02:13 PM

Looking good! Like the desktop too, just a bit bright for my taste. I like dark stuff most of the time.
click one

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 16, 2004, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by brutal:
Ah, man! I LOVE this theme!!

I�m not to keen on the metal-look though. How do I demetalize Finder and Safari?
ummmm, Im not sure if Metallifizer is still working these days or not. That's what I'd try first.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by swiz:
ummmm, Im not sure if Metallifizer is still working these days or not. That's what I'd try first.
Sure does work if you've got that beta.
click one

brutal
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 04:14 PM

what beta?!

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 04:21 PM

click one

Jaey
Mac Elite
Mar 16, 2004, 04:30 PM

Looking pretty hot if you ask me.

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2004, 05:18 PM

sweeeeet
DigitalRamen sucks.

Chancha
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2004, 07:47 PM

Not sure if it is just me, but I took a screenshot anyway... this happens in Preview:

Easily fixable I suppose?

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 16, 2004, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by Chancha:
Not sure if it is just me, but I took a screenshot anyway... this happens in Preview:

Easily fixable I suppose?
ewwww.
And Yes .
Thanks

ebsidohw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2004, 05:43 AM

I just noticed the safari navigation buttons acting kind of screwy. for some reason I can't post a screenshot right now via the forum, and my web server is down so I'm unable to post a link.

But basically, when you're navigating back and forth between pages (via the back and forward buttons) they go back to the aqua style buttons instead of the SimpleX ones.

I'll try and post an image soon as I can to make it clearer. Is anyone else experiencing this?

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 17, 2004, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by ebsidohw:
I just noticed the safari navigation buttons acting kind of screwy. for some reason I can't post a screenshot right now via the forum, and my web server is down so I'm unable to post a link.

But basically, when you're navigating back and forth between pages (via the back and forward buttons) they go back to the aqua style buttons instead of the SimpleX ones.

I'll try and post an image soon as I can to make it clearer. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I saw this once to but couldnt reproduce it, I thought i was going goofy.
Maybe a bug but I dont want to make any unfounded claims yet.

moofman
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2004, 04:28 PM

Wow... do I ever love this theme and wish I could use it... but all bar text in Safari is unreadable. Any status bar info, tab titles, or bookmarks are nearly unreadable all the time, until they are deslected, and unless moused over, respectively. Is this a bug on my side or just the way it's supposed to look? Yes, I've logged out and back in.

(They're a little clearer in the screenshot for some reason, but still a strain. Try skimming over that and picking which one you want.)

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 17, 2004, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by moofman:
Wow... do I ever love this theme and wish I could use it... but all bar text in Safari is unreadable. Any status bar info, tab titles, or bookmarks are nearly unreadable all the time, until they are deslected, and unless moused over, respectively. Is this a bug on my side or just the way it's supposed to look? Yes, I've logged out and back in.

(They're a little clearer in the screenshot for some reason, but still a strain. Try skimming over that and picking which one you want.)
Wow, weird.
It should look like this:

moofman
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2004, 04:57 PM

That was weird... I had it set to demetallifize, but the theme appeared normal in the finder and not in Safari (and I don't the Finder excluded or anything). Since it worked in the Finder I didn't think of that until now...

wibs
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2004, 05:29 PM

That was weird... I had it set to demetallifize, but the theme appeared normal in the finder and not in Safari (and I don't the Finder excluded or anything). Since it worked in the Finder I didn't think of that until now...
The finder can't be demetallifized, so that explains it
DigitalRamen sucks.

ebsidohw
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2004, 05:58 AM

here's what I was talking about the other day

http://tinyurl.com/22yyg

(pardon the geocities link, but my server is done thanks to idiot friends messing with the power strip the server was plugged into and a now toasted motherboard.)

superfula
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 07:06 AM

Is there going to be a fix for this?

superfula
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 07:10 AM

Originally posted by wibs:
The finder can't be demetallifized, so that explains it
Um...yeah it can. It's working fine for me.

HytestA
Mar 19, 2004, 08:54 AM

Originally posted by ebsidohw:
here's what I was talking about the other day

http://tinyurl.com/22yyg

(pardon the geocities link, but my server is done thanks to idiot friends messing with the power strip the server was plugged into and a now toasted motherboard.)
I've noticed a few themes do this, not just SimpleX. Rhapsodized does it too and if my memory serves me right ive seen it with the latest TiSkin
...ill get my coat

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 19, 2004, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by superfula:
Is there going to be a fix for this?
I cant reproduce this to test for it, it must be something unique to your setup.

superfula
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by swiz:
I cant reproduce this to test for it, it must be something unique to your setup.
Do you have Demetallifizer running on Safari? Not sure what else would cause this, since the fonts in Safari under SImpleX are white. The background under a demetalifized Safari is white, so naturally something would be amiss.

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 19, 2004, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by superfula:
Do you have Demetallifizer running on Safari? Not sure what else would cause this, since the fonts in Safari under SImpleX are white. The background under a demetalifized Safari is white, so naturally something would be amiss.
No Demetallifizer, I actually just reinstalled my system last week so its quite virginal.
Im still brainstorming.

superfula
Senior User
Mar 19, 2004, 07:19 PM

Sweet. Glad to know you're on the case.

On a side note....I'm not a big fan of the solid blue that replaces the metal ui. I realize you're a busy man, but perhaps a metal blue look may look a little better. The brushed metal ui plus the solid blue equals the metalic blue. Something a little more toned down. Just a thought.

idle
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2004, 07:38 PM

hey swiz,

first of all thankx for this great theme. i luv it.

here is just something for you to check out and to keep you a lil busy so you don't get out of practize. keep on rockin m8.

(screenie take from PS. notice the missing rounded bevel on the pop-up button? and the other aqua buttons? )

[ idle. ]

swiz  (op)
GUI Punk
Mar 20, 2004, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by idle:
hey swiz,

first of all thankx for this great theme. i luv it.

here is just something for you to check out and to keep you a lil busy so you don't get out of practize. keep on rockin m8.

(screenie take from PS. notice the missing rounded bevel on the pop-up button? and the other aqua buttons? )

[ idle. ]
Thanks, glad you enjoy it.
Those Aqua pieces are actually built into the apps .
Im still hoping someday Adobe will go all Cocoa but its not a very realistic hope.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2004, 10:04 PM

Got around to using it, very nice. I had to let my eyes adjust to the bright blue and white since I'm used to dark gloomy themes.
click one

Forum Links
Forum Rules