Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Specific songs won't update to iPod?

Specific songs won't update to iPod?
SiSawat
Jun 8, 2002, 04:50 PM

I downloaded some MP3's from Audiogalaxy, put them in my iTunes Music folder. They work fine in iTunes, but for some reason they will not transfer to my iPod. If I update the iPod, I can see it going down the list, and the round spinny icon dissapears as it updates each song. When it gets to the 4 songs I downloaded, the round icon stays there. Does not transfer. I made a playlist, and put the 4 songs into it, and the playlist shows up, but there are no songs in it.

Why is this happening? the song is in my library and plays fine in iTunes.?

<small>[ 06-08-2002, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: SiSawat ]</small>
"you must not ask a girl weather or not she likes Star Trek on the first date. This is not a wise thing".

davidmd
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2002, 08:26 PM

Yes, I would also like to know. I had this problem recently with songs also d/led off of AG. Strangely enough, all the problematic songs were from the same artist. What I did as an inelegant work-around was to convert them all to mp3 (mp3-&gt;mp3) using iTunes and then delete all the "bad" files. These re-encoded files worked, but it was annoying, to say the least. Is this some kind of copy protection?? Strange!

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2002, 08:38 PM

ive had a similar problem while using filesharing. i think it's cause the music is not in your "music folder" location in iTunes preferences when you add the song(s) to the library.
ive removed the song from the library, moved it to my music location, and then added it to the library, and it seemed to update the iPod just fine after that.

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules