Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > iPod pops between tracks???

iPod pops between tracks???
davidmd
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2002, 08:57 PM

I just got a new iPod 5GB and am running it with the 1.1 firmware update. Needless to say, it's absolutely amazing!! However, there is a slight pop/crackle (not too noticeable) between tracks... is this normal? I don't mind it much, I was just wondering if my unit was normal?? Thanks for any help.

davidmd

sirlexelot
Forum Regular
Apr 9, 2002, 02:03 AM

I've got the new 10gig iPod and I get occasional cracks and pops between tracks too - also, if a track has just started, and I start hitting the menu button to backtrack and change EQ settings or some such thing, the mp3 often skips. I'm sure it's because I'm demanding too much of the HD of the iPod before it's managed to load the song into the 32 megs of buffer RAM. I don't sweat it tho, and I suggest you don't either. Aside from these minor minor flaws, the iPod is just so fantastic
SirLexelot
10gig iPod, iPod Shuffle
Dual G4 867mhz Tower

Jug-dish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2002, 12:19 PM

I've noticed this pop as well. It doesn't happen before every song, but it happens enough to be a slight annoyance. Also, my iPod makes a popping noise every time I power it up. Has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes it's louder than others.

Thanks,
Jug-dish

Forum Links
Forum Rules