Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Eudora & G4 450 MP waking from sleep problem

Eudora & G4 450 MP waking from sleep problem
coitus
Forum Regular
Sep 4, 2000, 08:04 PM

I recently received shipment of a new G4 450 MHz MP mac, which runs great, but I am having a problem with Eudora 4.3.3 running after waking my mac from sleep.

I have Eudora set to launch upon startup and it checks my email accounts via my DSL modem. Now, if I leave Eudora running and my computer falls asleep it will act "laggy" or "freeze" upon waking it.

Sometimes I am able to force-quit Eudora once it lags and my system will pop back to normal once it fully quits. Has anyone else experienced this quirk or am I the only one?

Many thanks,
Curtis

Jimmydean
Nov 18, 2000, 10:42 AM

I was having a problem with eudora and sleep on my wall street powerbook. I think that the problem relates to the kodak precision stuff that quark installs. I don't know if you have the software, but try disabling the kodak extensions and startup. It helped me with the problems of not sleeping and then on startup, losing sound and my internet connection.

Forum Links
Forum Rules