Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Fallout 3 Official Thread

Fallout 3 Official Thread (Page 7)
klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
So I missed some logs for the Alien Archivist achievement, going back through to get em all this time...
I almost missed one in the weapons testing facility (where the auto guns kill the cows) but saw it as i was walking out, i still need to run through the pitt and finish up my ignots

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 6, 2009, 04:54 PM

I never visited the trash area (whatever it's called) so I only missed the one that was down there. I'm playing with a different character this time, mostly sneaking through with my Chinese Stealth Suit and planting live grenades in the Alien's pockets.

Oh, and Alien Epoxy FTW! I never thought I'd be able to get the Alien Blaster to 100%, or repair my heavily-used Gauss Rifle. Soma also rounds it off nicely with her 100 (!) repair skill.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 6, 2009, 08:33 PM

Alien Epoxy is the s****, i used the Tesla cannon almost exclusively through this DLC and having a 100% cannon is almost unstoppable, not to mention now with more ammo for my alien pistol i can.....more DLC please!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 16, 2009, 01:42 PM

I think most of the boyos here qualify.
Free Fallout 3 Premium 360 Theme For DLC Fans - Fallout 3 - Kotaku

Have you purchased all five packs worth of downloadable content for Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360? If so, then this premium theme is yours free come October 1st.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2009, 04:19 PM

Not that themes interest me in the least, but I'll download anything for free.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 16, 2009, 05:01 PM

Would you download a car?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 16, 2009, 05:08 PM

If it fit through the tubes, sure.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
hmmm interesting, i'll take a free premium theme! (don't let fatty foul you, i think he may have a bigger boner for fallout than even me)

gheff
Sep 26, 2009, 10:13 AM

OK, PS3 user here. Here's the deal: I played Fallout 3 all the way through and loved it. I decided to play through again as an evil character, didn't get very far with that before stalling out, but in the process I mistakenly overwrote my one remaining save from my full run through. Crap.

So anyway now that Broken Steel is finally out for PS3 I decided to play through again and I'm wondering if I should install the DLC now (at level 5) or should I wait until I get to the original endgame before installing?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 26, 2009, 04:59 PM

I found that some of the new powerful enemies they added in Broken Steel tend to show up a little to early in the game for my tastes. I'd wait until you reached level 15 or so to install BS.

Forum Links
Forum Rules