Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Mac Mini Problem after upgrading

Mac Mini Problem after upgrading
kgarchar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2007, 11:51 AM

It's not a problem that's causing the computer to malfunction at all, but after i upgraded the ram in my mac mini, there's a tiny gap above the ports on the back

I am not sure how to get rid of it, and I don't want to screw it up. I know a few other people have had this problem, anyone know a sure fire way to get rid of the gap?

smokedfish
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2007, 12:41 PM

one of the metal clips in the back os probably bending or something. Unplug everything and take the top back off and put it back on buy putting the back on first and making sure all the clips line up.

dowNNshift
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2007, 06:18 PM

It's because you didn't put the top case on from the back to forwards.
Those clips have to fully seat before you press on the optical drive side (front) of the case.

To fix the problem; carefully remove the case again and inspect that you didn't pinch or sever any antenna cables. Then with the Mini upside down, seat the base (rear port side first) into the case and seat it carefully. It will be tight, so keep pressure on the rear port side and have your putty knife handy to guide the side clips back in.

Take your time so that you don't damage your Mini -- a sloppy job can be spotted a mile away if you try to get future service at an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Genius Bar.

kgarchar  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2007, 12:26 AM

got it, thanks guys

Forum Links
Forum Rules