Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iDVD Player stuck

iDVD Player stuck
Ron K
Nov 23, 2011, 06:35 AM

I am just starting to use the iDVD Player and am having problems. I have a disc of nature videos from National Geographic. When I mount the disc, it immediately opens iDVD and starts to play. But, as I am playing one of the chapters and try to move forward the player stops and the spinning wheel starts. So, I quit, and try again, but now that the disc is already mounted, the iDVD player does not recognize it, and there are no controls to just play the mounted disc. I keep closing the application and reopening and it opens full screen but the spinning wheel appears and nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks
2014 (mid) MBP: 15" with Retina display; 2.2GHz Intel quad Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 256 Flash Storage

cgc
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2011, 08:59 AM

iDVD and DVD Player are two different programs. Does the DVD play in a different device (e.g. is your DVD scratched or smudged)?

Forum Links
Forum Rules