Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Lexmark Printrio

Lexmark Printrio
xyber233
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2002, 05:34 PM

Does anyone have one? I am considering buying this or the new Epson all-in-one but I can't make a decision. I do like the size of the Printrio but I am unsure about the quality and cost per ink cartridge.

tacojohnellenich
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2002, 08:08 PM

My mom just got an X85 from Lexmark- I haven't really printed anything super high quality, but the scanning and copy functions work great- you can even copy w/out having it hooked to the computer-

it works fine is OS x.2.2 unlike the HP's which I guess have problems

they even provide X.2 drivers in the box so there is no need to go to their site to download

xyber233  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 18, 2002, 05:21 PM

I printed a sample from the Printrio today and I noticed something. Maybe its just me but it seems that the paper is fed at an angle. Is this a printer/Lexmark thing or is just me?

ajprice
Professional Poster
Dec 18, 2002, 06:51 PM

I have a Lexmark x83, and only just started using it again because the OS X 10.2 drivers came out last week (yes, i've had a standalone copier for 3 months). Apart from their slowness with releasing drivers, its fine. I have noticed on mine that the paper feed is on the aggressive side (understatement, the paper is pulled in to print very very quickly). Anyone notice that the bottom edge border when printing is about an inch or so wide, so when you copy an A4 is misses off the bottom unless you copy at 90% size? I just tested this with a magazine cover and at 100% scale it completely missed the barcode from the bottom of the cover .

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

xyber233  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2002, 05:43 PM

I think I am gong to go with the Epson cx3200. I really love the size of the printrio but I don't like how it feeds paper in at an angle and ink will cost a lot. Doesn't this seem a little expensive? Black ($28) for 410 pages and color ($35) for 275.

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Dec 30, 2002, 07:51 PM

I loved my lexmark printer but lemme tell ya two things:

1. The paper feeder IS violent, as mine died by sucking in the entire full try of paper I had in it.

2. The picture quality on glossy paper kinda sucks.

That's it. I love the fact that the printer had better drivers though.

So I had my insurance replace it with an hp 940. too bad my computer wasn't under that insurance.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

hodelas
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2003, 12:28 PM

I have a lexmark x73 all-in-one. The drivers for Jaguar were released just in the last few days (4 months after jaguar!), and I had to kill the process due to excessive system load. I like the printer (works fine with 10.1), but their tech support has been disappointing.

motti
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2003, 11:15 AM

My Lexmark laser printed everything -no matter what i did with the paper- from right top to left bottom... for barely over a year. Then suddenly, the paper jam LED wouldn't go out anymore, to fix that lexmark wanted to charge me more than the printer had cost me to buy(~300$).

Forum Links
Forum Rules