Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My marriage is ending.

My marriage is ending. (Page 6)
phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2004, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by starman:
My point is that some people aren't cut out for marriage, but they seem to make themselves think they are by throwing the "humans aren't built for marriage" bullsh*t.

Denial, pure and simple.
i just went to a bachelor party last friday, and though i whish both of them the best (they are two great people), i can now already see where this is going to lead. but they'll just have to find out for themselves.

everybody wants to get married these days,...have kids etc. that's such bullsh1t. and of course everybody has their little ideal world and image how this marriage is supposed to be...until things get difficult. then the cheating starts, the lies, the miscommunication...and it ALWAYS takes two to tango.

marriage is 90% economic reality and 10% romantic idealism (not saying that that's the way it should be, but it usually turns out that way). there is really nothing pretty about it. most people AREN'T cut out for marriage. and that's why most people shouldn't get married. period.

it's a lot more of a political issue, than a social one.

starman
Clinically Insane
Jul 19, 2004, 11:35 AM

I always thought that a marriage was 90% communication and 10% romance, with bills sprinkeld in . Seriously, communication is the key to any good relationship, not just a marriage. I wonder how many failed realtionships will fail again because people can't see that.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2004, 11:41 AM

I always thought that a marriage was 90% communication and 10% romance...

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2004, 07:39 PM

My point is that some people aren't cut out for marriage, but they seem to make themselves think they are by throwing the "humans aren't built for marriage" bullsh*t.

Denial, pure and simple.

Mike
Sometimes people MARRY PEOPLE who aren't cut out for marriage.

It only takes one person to end a marriage. I've known plenty of marriages that broke up because someone was a cheater, turned alcoholic, or forgot to mention they were sexually abused for their entire childhood. One person can't hold the marriage together if the other person isn't committed to doing so.

But there are less dramatic actions a partner can take to show their inability to commit to a relationship. And when that slow tide of selfishness starts, only that person can pull it back.

In the meantime, the burdens on the other person increase until they become intolerable. Eventually, they "both" decide they no longer want the relationship anymore. But I think usually one person starts the process and the other doesn't recognize it, recognizes it too late, or decides it's too much work to try.

Just my observations. The idea that someone would never pick an inferior mate is something that just doesn't pan out in the river of life.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jul 19, 2004, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by wolfen:
Sometimes people MARRY PEOPLE who aren't cut out for marriage.
This happens sometimes, yes, and is usually a sign that they didn't know each other well enough beforehand. Not being cut out for marriage is something you can't hide forever, or even all that long. But in this day and age where people often know each other for a year or less before becoming engaged, it's not really that much of a wonder that this situation happens so often.
Just my observations. The idea that someone would never pick an inferior mate is something that just doesn't pan out in the river of life.
Indeed not. But people just plain aren't careful enough about it nowadays.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

starman
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2004, 12:51 AM

We dated for 3-1/2 years. Long enough?

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2004, 08:20 AM

We dated for 3-1/2 years. Long enough?
I don't know. Possibly; a lot of it depends on the couple and how well they communicate. But I've never seen a couple that managed in less than two; learning that much about a person simply takes time.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Hash
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2004, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by george68:
Saul Goode was not mentiong pain, or anguish, or crack, or violence, or abuse, or adultery, or an addiction to cheetoes. He said that they grew apart, and now neither of them care. Take heed of this, this is am example of what happens when you do not constantly work on a relationship, ie, LAZY.

- Rob
I think that george68 is correct. Yes, Saul and his wife became estranged and eventually divorced. I do not remember if he told about what he did or tried to overcome the growing distance between them. The lack of effort may be qualified as lazyness, even though the word may not be perfect description.

However, I think that we miss a point here. In my view, george is not stupid or one how does not know much about life. On the contrary, he has seen enough in his 24 years, the fact that he is married at his age alone is evidence of this.

I think we witnessing one, who wants desperately to BELIEVE or trust someone (his wife, eg), give her 100% of him and perhaps, expect same in return. I think that if he has chosen his wife carefully, and does have that return, he is a very happy man. So, what we have here is a true believer, though not in religious way.

Now, this kind of true devotion and belief requires certain efforts to prove or demonstrate that devotion, mainly from the George side. I wont be surprised if he is a very good family man, one who desperately wants to prove someone (his mother?) that true devotion, belief and trust may really work and save family. I wont be also surprised to find that he is a diligent worker and collegues like and trust him, though may find him a bit inflexible and too harsh (which may be not good for manager career to some extent). Though I do not know, I wont be surprised to find that it was his mother who did not try enough to save the marriage with her father, who might be the real victim.

Perhaps, true devotion from his side is everything he needs. For example, he may not need to expect same devotion from his wife, since same level of devotion requires same level of belief and need in trust, which as George knows, simply is exclusive of him and not required from his wife. Maybe, this devotion is something he is proud of and unique for him, so he does not want same level of devotion from his wife. Maybe, it is even better if his wife in reality is lacking in this respect, which may George to feel good and be proud of himself as he compares his effort to wife's and finds he is the one who is trying harder. Same is true for case of Saul - in George's eyes, Saul REALLY did not have devotion enough and therefore, is extremely lazy or inferior regarding marriage principles. Which also may be an indirect argument for George, demonstrating his correctness - he tries hard and has his marriage unbroken (though not without problems) - while lazy guy does nothing and get divorce, i.e. loses.

Now, this kind of principles will not be shattered by any happenings or even time. Simply said, he never will leave his wife, period. This is the ultimate goal of his marriage - to be together and to show everyone that he is not like his father - he does not run away, he works hard, he is devoted.

What if his wife then fails and leaves him? Obviously, it will only prove his faith - the wife did not try hard enough - so he is innocent and right one, the wife not. While he may be saddened by this, he will blame it one wife and rightly so.

If his wife a "good" one, i.e. same kind of believer and generally one who can be trusted, then this marriage will be quite strong for years and generally happy, since they both share same values of devotion, though not necessarily to same degree.

The key is choosing the right person. Thats why he says he never marry a drug addict and this is true. The guy made his selection carefully and possibly a girl he knew for quite some time, inclduing family background and I can bet the girl family was pleased with her choice of husband.

May she turn into someone George WILL have to leave? Of course yes, but in this case still the wife will be one to be blamed for and nothing of George principles, which still be valid - he tried but wife not - therefore, he is right person in this case. He will continue to look for one, who will not turn into drug addict and will perhaps find her.

So what about the case when a wife left someone after many years of marriage and he felt broken despite giving same level of effort? I think he has chosen wrong person for marriage. This may happen and the result would be dissappointment. This perhaps was a result of blind faith - but George's faith is not blind - i bet he carefully studies her wife, the object of devotion and constantly examines her - while the another guy just married and forgot about the possible tensions - which accumulated for many years and then resulted in sudden break-up. Though it is not sudden - it was just concealed for long, long time and I think people around knew about the tension, but the guy just did not care.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2004, 02:57 PM

how old are you?

just curious...

I'll need to word my response differently if you're over, say 30.

diskgolfking
Jul 20, 2004, 04:53 PM

I beleive that when you MAKE A PROMISE to stay together for life, that's what you ****ing do.
Apparently you've never made a promise to be a polite, decent person otherwise I am sure you would have ****ing done it. Am I correct?

diskgolfking
Jul 20, 2004, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by velodev:
It's actually an interesting dilemma... just as much as Saul's deems respect for his situation, Rob should be respected for his opinion. Instead, he's considered an asshole and people start a flame war because they disagree with it.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg...?
Deliver matters. I can have respect for his opinion without respecting him for his demeanor.

palmberg
Senior User
Jul 20, 2004, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
hahahahhahahahahahahahhaha,..

a couple of a$$holes talking from some kind of "unknowledgeable utopian moral high ground". you don't know ****ing ANYTHING about anyone else's experiences in life. NOT A F*CKING THING.

you have the goddamned NERVE to PREACH to another human being from your ****ing high horse. judgmental prick$.

simply amazing.

this man came in here to share something that was hurting his heart. and all you did was try and make him feel like ****.

shame on you. seriously. you should feel shame. of course you will feel none. not now anyway. one day it will all catch up to you.
What he said.

I'm absolutely BOWLED OVER that anyone would be stupid enough to come in here and stick up for Ca$h. For Christ's sake, people. Are you for real? The kid is a kook!
I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

andi*pandi
Jul 20, 2004, 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
I don't know. Possibly; a lot of it depends on the couple and how well they communicate. But I've never seen a couple that managed in less than two; learning that much about a person simply takes time.
my parents met and married after 4 months. 37 years so far.

diskgolfking
Jul 20, 2004, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Hash:
The key is choosing the right person.
I think the key is being the right person.

If you are the right person you will be doing the things necessary to make a marriage work.
If you are the right person you will not settle for less than what will make you happy.
If you are the right person you will be able to see the behaviors in others that will make you unhappy.
If you are the right person, choosing the right person is just a natural by-product.

Hash
Mac Elite
Jul 20, 2004, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
how old are you?

just curious...

I'll need to word my response differently if you're over, say 30.
if u asking me, then I am 37 and married for 14 years

george68
Banned
Jul 22, 2004, 10:46 PM

Originally posted by sanity assassin:
Yes, their.

Like you said, you are sure of yourself, but can you say the same for people's partners? yours? forever?

So it's ok to divorce if adultery rears its head, but not if two grown people grow apart? Simple rules you have there, but woefully not applicable to the real world.
Actually they ARE applicable, which is why people promise to work on their relationships when they're growing apart, so that they can stay together for life. Almost every marriage is based on this promise, but some people do not abide by it, they let their relationship stagnate and rot. Such as Saul here.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 22, 2004, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by sanity assassin:
Growing apart, loss of love, can be worse than finding out if she's a junkie! At least with the extreme examples one could possibly find a way through the material issues. But when it comes to matters of the heart, you're screwed if you think any vow you took 10 years ago is going to mean a thing when you have lost all the emotions.
You will not lose the emotions if you take care of your relationship, and put tons of work into it. If you sit around and do nothing, then yes, eventually you will lose all the emotions.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 22, 2004, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by James L:
Wrong!
RIGHT! If someone makes a f*cking promise, you should expect them to KEEP it. The more important the promise, the more you should expect them to keep it. Since Saul did not, you should not just tell him "oh it's okay"

People change, whether you like to believe it or not. You are young, idealistic, feel very strongly about your beliefs (which is good), and possess absolutely NO ability to see outside of the box. Oh, and considering you are a 24 year old child believe me when I say you should learn how to talk across to people and not down to them. As others have mentioned, your message is completely lost when you talk like such an asshole. The expression "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" IS true.
Okay..... I admit that I'm fairly young, idealistic, and passionate. As for talking down to someone.... I will talk down to people when they lose my respect. Someone who promises/commits to someone for life, and then doesn't follow through.... I do not have respect for them.

Now, let's talk real world. My degree is in counselling and Psychology. When I chose to make a career change and go back to school years ago I became a paramedic, which is now my full time occupation and has been for many years.
Good for you. I'll talk real world in just a few lines.

BELIEVE me when I say that while you are reacting to retoric and what people say on these posts, and your LIMITED life experience of a 24 year old.... I work day in and day out in the REbla bla bla blaso can look into your crystal ball and know exactly how they will be 20 years from now. Son, that ain't the real world.
See, what's funny is that you bitch about me talking 'down' to people, yet you yourself are calling me 'kid' and 'son' and a bunch of other good ole boy insults. Pot, meet kettle.

I would normally say this with no disrespect, but you have acted like such a rude spoiled child in this thread that I see no reason to show you respect...
I would normally not comment on someone's relationship, but considering how Saul has acted like such a lazy idiot who can't keep his promises, I see no reason to show him respect...

. You are a child, whether you like to think it or not, You act like one, you pout like one, and your life experience is extremely limited at this point. You preach ethics, yet every other sentence in this thread from you is a swear word or an insult. One day you are going to open your eyes, and realize that there is a whole world out there you know NOTHING about.
Okay, now it's my turn to talk about the real world. In the real world, it doesn't matter how considerate, polite, and correct your posts are... you can prove someone wrong in the most mature way possible, and you know what? They aren't going to listen. For a while, I tried to be mature in these forums... but it doesn't do a damn thing. Some people are just stupid, and unable to admit any fault whatsoever, and being a polite intelligent individual gets you nowhere.

Until then, I am sure you will continue being the egotistical, "always right", "unable to see things through others eyes", asshole you have shown yourself to be. Meanwhile, I will have spent several more years in the trenches of life counselling and caring for people and their concerns.
I've spent several years in these forums. Your advice is not applicable here.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 22, 2004, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
And there it is. That is the phrase that repeats in Ca$h's head over and over again when the concept of divorce is brought up.:
And there it is. An example of what repeats in Captain Egotists's head over and over again when he comes onto the forums...... he knows everything about everything, and he is a god. We should be thankful that he even types on these forums, that's how great he really is.... >sigh<

This inflexibility he has developed is the side effect of a little kid who saw a lot of bad things happen when he was growing up and couldn't do a goddamn thing about it.
Yep, that's it exactly. So when did you get your degree in mind reading and psychology? Just wondering, because you've been wrong about every assumption you've made about me so far.

Its a noble goal but one that was made out of bitterness and not by really examining the causes of what he saw.
Exactly. A noble goal. And when you PROMISE to be noble, and break that promise, you should not be respected.

Had he really taken the time he would have seen more facets of his failed rolemodels and what brought them to the situations he had to witness.
My parents are not my role models. I do not want to wind up like either of them. I see plenty of faults in both of them. As for 'witnessing' horrible things, you're wrong there too. My parents getting a divorce was a surprise to me... I didn't see hardly any fighting, or anything that would have led me to believe that they wouldn't stay together.

If he continues to firmly believe that all it takes is hard work then his own redemption for the failure of those who came before him will be a simple path to follow.
It isn't just hard work on the relationship, it's hard work to become the right person. Some people try to just work on themselves, others just the relationship, but both of these will probably lead to failure. You need to work on both yourself and the relationship.

You want to see pathetic Rob, look in the mirror.
I'd define pathetic as some egotistical prick who pretends that he has ESP abilities and can read someone's past and come up with incorrect reasons as to why people believe what they believe. That'd be you, skippy.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 22, 2004, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
At that point, the abusing spouse can already be said to have broken the promise, thus voiding the whole thing. The clause I speak of is traditionally worded "to love and to honor" in many Christian ceremonies, but is nowadays incorporated -even if in different wording- into pretty much every kind of marriage ceremony in existence.

Whereas I would say yes, but that making a promise should not be done at the drop of a hat. People often enter marriage without very much understanding of what it really means. I suspect that this has always been true to some degree, but in recent years it has become far worse.

Marriage requires love. This should be pretty obvious; there's no other way two people could stand to live in such deep intimacy for life. But love isn't just an emotion; indeed, the emotion part tends to come and go. Real love is emotion plus a willingness to work to maintain that emotion. When the emotion is there, this seems trivially easy to do, and promises are rashly made.

It's to the point where I wonder if most couples probably shouldn't get married until they have been through at least one relationship-threatening crisis. That type of crisis can take many different forms. Job-related moves, familial differences, religious arguments... whatever it is, the important thing is that it poses a sincere threat to the relationship. If a couple can survive through a crisis like that, then it has what a marriage requires, because dark times like that will come. It's an inevitable part of life. My wife and I went through such a crisis not long before our own wedding, and although it's still having repercussions, I'm more or less glad for it. Our relationship was sick in many ways, to the point where we almost called off the engagement, and this is what brought that to light and allowed us to work to rebuild. There was much pain involved, but if it had to happen then I wish it had come sooner. If it had torn us apart then we were doomed from the beginning anyway; as it was it showed how strong we were and made us even stronger.

The marriage that the originator of this thread describes is a dead thing. There is no emotion, nor any willingness to work to rebuild that emotion, and without either of those things there is no hope. I find it just as sad as you do, Ca$h, but over-romanticizing won't help matters. The best that you and I can do is take this as a warning, and make sure our own marriages never reach that state.

george68
Banned
Jul 22, 2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by brachiator:
I agree, SH.

Somewhat ironically, this thread has turned out to be not-so-supportive for Saule Goode, yet provided a lot of therapeutic material for Cash to work with, if he chooses to address his issues. (Which he probably won't, seeing how angry he is and how he's convinced himself -- against all evidence to the contrary -- that he doesn't care what other people think about him.) A rudimentary psychological analysis, sure, but he presents almost textbook characteristics.
Wow.... that's some great psuedo intellectual ********. What issues do I have other than not liking people who don't keep promises????

- Rob

UR-20
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 22, 2004, 11:32 PM

Okay..... I admit that I'm fairly young, idealistic, and passionate. As for talking down to someone.... I will talk down to people when they lose my respect. Someone who promises/commits to someone for life, and then doesn't follow through.... I do not have respect for them.
Let's take a look at some ways we can lose Ca$h's respect.
  • Make fun of Neons
  • Criticize movies he likes such as "Equilibrium" or "Black Hawk Down"
  • Own, and enjoying playing Nintendo Game Cube
  • Say you thought "GTA3 and Vice City COULD have been better"
  • Say you thought GTA3 and Vice City sucked
  • Believe in God or a god
  • Tell him he should chill when he's being "Passionate"
  • Have an opinion....and express it openly
  • or to sum it up, Disagree with him in any way, shape, or form, in any discussion.

I've spent several years in these forums. Your advice is not applicable here.
- Rob
And yet you still seem to have the arguing/discussion tactics of a 3rd grader..Glad you stayed consistent for all those years.

Beewee
Mac Elite
Jul 22, 2004, 11:34 PM

Actually they ARE applicable, which is why people promise to work on their relationships when they're growing apart, so that they can stay together for life. Almost every marriage is based on this promise, but some people do not abide by it, they let their relationship stagnate and rot. Such as Saul here.

- Rob
Marriage can be done for money, out of loneliness and sometimes when people get drunk.
You are in the wrong country if you are taking marriage seriously when we have a divorce rate that is over 50%, we have chapels in Vegas where you can get married at a drive-thru and shows on TV like "Who wants to Marry... a something or other"

The idea of being together FOREVER is unrealistic to begin with. The vow should be changed from "Do you promise to love, honor and cherish as long as you live?" to "Do you promise to love, honor and cherish for at least sixth months, maybe longer if it works out?"

Almost every marriage is not based on this "promise", those are truly in the minority.

Don't worry we all know you just got married so you are still in the "forever" stage.
We won't hold this against you when your marriage fails... that gives me an idea

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2004, 11:59 PM

...that gives me an idea...
A STUPID idea.

Malt Magics
Forum Regular
Jul 23, 2004, 01:18 AM

And once again, AS$ has shown us once again why he is an idiot.

By cleverly quoting others only to write similar sentiments to insult the very aformentioned person(s), AS$ has clearly indicated the rate of his mental growth? that is fermenting within that under-developed cranium? of his.

Perhaps it is merely soft as paste, and pungent as summer offal, but one can clearly grasp from reading these forums, that AS$ is an emotionally and mentally stunted individual? who has no more the ability to listen as he does for moderate self-control.

His use of constant vulgarities that marinate his 'noble ideas' and childish whinings only cement his fate coupled with every inept response to sound intelligent and droll-which in the end show us his limited vocabulary and understanding of the English language.

His very comprehension of the human condition regresses beyond even the most elementary conceptual understandings. He believes that words and promises are stronger than what is unbreakable, that which is action(s). This may result in his potential inaction(s) to live by the sword he is very freely waving around.

Noble ideas cease to be noble when flaunted like a piece of gold before a seemingly poorman. It just becomes stupid arrogance.

So, let's hear another snappy comback.

The smartest thing to hear from you would be nothing.
( Last edited by Malt Magics; Jul 24, 2004 at 02:01 AM. )

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2004, 05:51 AM

Originally posted by Saul Goode:
Fact is, when we got together I was 16. That's WAY too young to have a clue about whether or not a person is right for you. I'm surprised we made it this long, we've never REALLY been truly happy together.
*bingo*

Relationships that start too early (in experience-terms, not years) tend not to last.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

demograph68
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 05:57 AM

My girlfriend is 16.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by demograph68:
My girlfriend is 16.
Nothing to be sad about. Just marying right now could be precarious. If you guys can make it through college and one year past (I suggest that because things can change post college life), then I say

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2004, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by demograph68:
My girlfriend is 16.
Way hey! lucky you!

They get worse with age.

I have nothing sensible to add.

george68
Banned
Jul 23, 2004, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by Beewee:
The vow should be changed from "Do you promise to love, honor and cherish as long as you live?" to "Do you promise to love, honor and cherish for at least sixth months, maybe longer if it works out?"
And UNTIL that vow changes to something like the 'at least six months', we should all be dissapointed with lazy people who do not keep their words.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 23, 2004, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by Malt Magics:
And once again, AS$ has shown us once again why he is an idiot.

bla bla bla bla.

The smartest thing to hear from you would be nothing.
Question: If someone promises to do something for you, and it's REALLY important, and you put a lot of faith into that promise and if they do NOT keep the promise it's going to change your life..... and then they break that promise, do you respect them?

No you do not. That is all I have said. It's pretty sad you're too f*cking dumb to comprehend something this simple.

Promises are made to be kept.

- Rob

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 03:16 PM

Question: If someone promises to do something for you, and it's REALLY important, and you put a lot of faith into that promise and if they do NOT keep the promise it's going to change your life..... and then they break that promise, do you respect them?

No you do not. That is all I have said. It's pretty sad you're too f*cking dumb to comprehend something this simple.

- Rob
I promise to respect your opinion. Even though you can't respect the opinions of others, no matter how inept you think they are.

brachiator
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 05:07 PM

What issues do I have other than not liking people who don't keep promises????
They're obvious from your statements and demeanor in this thread. Of course, I don't think that is a serious question.

Nevertheless, I'll be happy to answer it with my opinion of what those issues are -- AFTER you answer the substantive questions I've asked above about the position you've taken in here.

(I don't expect that you will, since you've scrupulously avoided doing so up 'til now...)

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2004, 05:25 PM

- Rob
I'm looking forward to when your wife divorces you. It'll teach you quite a bit.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

george68
Banned
Jul 23, 2004, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by Ghoser777:
I promise to respect your opinion. Even though you can't respect the opinions of others, no matter how inept you think they are.
It's not their opinions that bother me.... it's the fact that promises mean nothing to them. They lack integrity.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 23, 2004, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
I'm looking forward to when your wife divorces you. It'll teach you quite a bit.
I think it might teach you even more when she doesn't. Bet on it if you'd like.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Jul 23, 2004, 06:15 PM

You know what I find ****ed up here? Some lazy guy who doesn't work on his relationship gives up on his wife, and posts about it here. Some of you tell him it's okay, and it'll get better, and make no mention of the fact that he should have tried to keep things together....

and then you turn around and attack ME, and my marriage (which is new, wonderful, and healthy), and say that you think I'm going to get a divorce, some of you even hoping so.

I'm glad I'm not that ****ed up. I'm blunt and crude and completley honest, as in, I'll call people lazy if they deserve it, but I don't think I've ever wished anybody's relationship to fail.

Oh well, just one more reason how I'm better than some of you, and you don't even realize it!

- Ca$h

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2004, 06:24 PM

You'd be an interesting guy to meet in person, Se�ior Ca$h. I'll leave it at that. I wonder how this discussion would go over after a few drinks on a friday night versus being on a discussion board.

Did anyone ask David if he went to get counceling or anything? I'd actually agree on one level with Cas$h if he hasn't. The problem is that I think there's more to this puzzle than what has been layed out.

george68
Banned
Jul 23, 2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by Ghoser777:
You'd be an interesting guy to meet in person, Se�ior Ca$h. I'll leave it at that. I wonder how this discussion would go over after a few drinks on a friday night versus being on a discussion board.

Did anyone ask David if he went to get counceling or anything? I'd actually agree on one level with Cas$h if he hasn't. The problem is that I think there's more to this puzzle than what has been layed out.
Perhaps, but you'd think he'd have mentioned something about that sort of thing if it did happen. What bothers me even more than his actual situation is the number of people who have no problem with divorces, and feel that they're 'normal' and that people shouldn't be held to their promises.... THAT ticks me off.

- Ca$h

Forum Links
Forum Rules