Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook charging

iBook charging
amanmann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 13, 2005, 01:11 PM

I got a new G4 1.33 ibook and it's the only computer i have here so i use it as a desktop replacement too. I need to know whether it is better to keep the charger plugged in while i work or is it advisable to charge that battery and then let it discharge.
But I guess there is a finite life of the battery life cycles. Mine has gone through 56 cycles already and my fully charged battery gives upto 4:30 hours backup.

Any suggestions.

volcano
Senior User
Nov 13, 2005, 03:23 PM

As suggested by Apple, you should charge and discharge your battery completely about once every month if possible. This is also referred to as 'calibrating' your battery - where you charge it up until your battery is full, and then use it continually without charging it until the computer falls asleep, followed by a full charge once again.

You can learn more at: http://www.apple.com/batteries

Forum Links
Forum Rules