Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > App to annotate PDFs

App to annotate PDFs
diskgolfking
Feb 10, 2006, 11:37 AM

I am looking for an application (something like DEVONthink or StickyBrain, but they don't seem to have this feature) that allows me to store, organize, and most importantly annotate PDFs. When I say annotate, I mean the ability to add comments to sections of text in a similar manner to MS Word's comment feature (within its Track Changes capability).

Does there exist such a piece of software? Or do I have to just harass DEVON and Chronos to get them to add this feature?

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2006, 11:47 AM

You can use Tiger's Preview to create text annotations and oval marker annotations. And of course you can do this with Adobe Acrobat.

diskgolfking  (op)
Feb 10, 2006, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the headsup on preview. Its only problems are: 1) the text doesn't show up when searching, and 2) it's so painfully slow on my 1.33 Ghz 12" PB (basically unusable). Yes, I have acrobat, but I am looking for something a little more streamlined.

Sharky K.
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2006, 01:19 PM

The annotations in Preview are not editable after a save... that is a real bummer.

headbirth
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2006, 09:27 PM

NeoOffice annotes...

Forum Links
Forum Rules