Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Outlook Express quit on send & receive

Outlook Express quit on send & receive
JetShave
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2002, 05:28 PM

I am running OE 5.03 just upgraded from 5.02 to try to resolve this problem. (To no avail!)

I have upgraded from 9.0x to 9.1 and suddenly the Outlook Express quits on me when I prepare an email then try to send it. When the outbox is empty I can receive mail from my server, but sending whether immediately or as part of the send and receive just quits it!!

Can anyone help me isolate this? Otherwise how do I upgrade to 9.2 (in the hope this might bypass the problem). I know I could try upgrading to X but am reluctant to do so on this machine (it's a French OS and I'm holding out to buy an English OS with X incorporated)

Any help given is gratefully received.
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com

JetShave  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2002, 05:32 PM

Sorry about doubling up on the post - IE quit on hitting the send button. Oh dear - I need help
Jon Nettlefold
jetshave.com

Gerson
Apr 19, 2002, 01:55 AM

We've been having a conversation about these sorts of problems in "Internet Software," in this thread.

Since no one has identified the source of these problems, I'm not sure what to tell you; you might want to upgrade to the brand new OE 5.0.4 and see what happens (that mysteriously fixed my problem, albeit on OS 8.6).

Forum Links
Forum Rules