Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Firefox getting slow and jerky..... Flash problem?

Firefox getting slow and jerky..... Flash problem?
yugyug
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2008, 12:42 PM

hi

Firefox has been getting very slow and jerky recently, in the last week or so. I have problems with slow window switching, delayed cursor response when typing and also today youtube was jerky (its not a bandwidth problem). Its getting worse and worse too.

Using a Macbook Pro 2.33 with 2gb ram, latest firefox and os x 2.4.11. Downloaded a flash update recently which I think is the problem. Yes I have a lot of tabs open usually, but no more than before the problem began. The activity monitor often shows Firefox at 90 to 100% CPU activity, and the fan is on more than I remember, but the rest of the system is fine, its just firefox.

How can I fix this?

thanks in advance
ππ>_<ππ

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2008, 01:10 PM

Have you tried those sites with any other browser?, today Firefox hanged totally on me while uploading stuff to my xdrive, that runs under Java, I used Firefox thinking it would be my best option since AOL moved to Firefox but it just didn't work… Safari on the other hand, did it with no hassle.

Sorry by not giving you a proper, genuine advice.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 7, 2008, 03:21 PM

Does it do the same thing with Firefox under a different user account?

yugyug  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2008, 08:37 PM

well today Firefox has decided to behave itself..... so maybe it was just a bad website or two that was causing the problem......? thanks for the suggestions - if it keeps happening I'll test out some different browsers/user accounts.
ππ>_<ππ

Forum Links
Forum Rules