Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Personal Occupation Kit [jpg orgy]

Personal Occupation Kit [jpg orgy]
AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 21, 2004, 09:41 PM

Occupied? Be Happy!
Creators: Springtime-USA
Community: People about to be liberated by the U.S.A.
Project: 21st-century propaganda deployment

The horrendous situation in Iraq highlights the thorny challenge of liberation by a superpower: The liberated don't necessarily buy into the program. Designer Tucker Viemeister and his team responded with a savagely satirical take: deployment of "very smart bombs" that would rain down token instruments of cultural assimilation. In this concept, autonomous surveillance systems watch foreign news broadcasts for any foment of anti-American sentiment to identify areas in need of intervention. The geographical coordinates are beamed to airplanes carrying the smart bombs; the bombs explode and shower, not explosives, but small, flower-like packages containing assorted bits of Americana (bottom). Each package (below) includes a propeller that folds up into a "PAL of the USA" baseball cap.

iPod loaded with "God Bless America"...

angaq0k
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2004, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by AKcrab:

iPod loaded with "God Bless America"...

"They'll great you with flowers!..."
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 21, 2004, 10:32 PM

Hehe, that's pretty funny, however - I don't buy into all this liberation crap.

Before we start dropping ipods on some third world, ungrateful people, how about we drop them on our own population ? The USA has done enough good around the world already to last us a lifetime.

AKcrab  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 21, 2004, 10:40 PM

Check out some of the other entries in the design contest. Some zany ideas.

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 21, 2004, 10:48 PM

A lot of the ideas seemed silly and unrealistic, but I found this one to be cool.

zachs
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2004, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:

Before we start dropping ipods on some third world, ungrateful people, how about we drop them on our own population ? The USA has done enough good around the world already to last us a lifetime.

Can we at least wait for the 60GB ones?

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2004, 04:06 AM

Originally posted by PacHead:

I don't know for sure if you mean all you write here in this forum for real, or are you just a consistently ironic guy?

If you mean it for real, then this is for you, otherwise ignore it:

What good has the US done? Do you mean the nearly total genocide on the american natives, do you mean the slavery of black people, do you mean the delivering of weapons and money to Hitler-Germany and to Stalin's Soviet-Union, do you mean the dropping of atom-bombs on japanese towns, do you mean the installation and support of dictatorships in areas of strategic interests, do you mean the helping in founding Israel and the diplomatic, financial and military support of it, do you mean the training of terrorists from all over the world on american soil by the CIA and other paramilitary entities, do you mean the terror-attacks by the CIA on southamerican democracies , do you mean the Vietnam-war, do you mean the provoking of a war between Iran and Iraq, while delivering weapons to the one side and then to the other side etc.. in order to prolong the war until both countries are weakened for good?

Taliesin

AKcrab  (op)
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 22, 2004, 05:24 AM

Maybe I should have just put this in the lounge...
I was hoping to bring something new to the table...

Forum Links
Forum Rules