Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Does google have a calendar application?

Does google have a calendar application?
thechidz
Forum Regular
Dec 19, 2008, 01:29 AM

Does google have some kind of application, similar to mozzilla's thunderbird, that we can download for their calendar? I'm not talking about google calendar but an actual application that can be downloaded and used off line and then synced up with google calendar when online.

Windows or OSX?

I know that ical now syncs with google caldev but it would be so cool if google made a free app, especially for windows since windows calendars get smoked by ical.
Bow chicka bow-wow

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2008, 03:45 AM

I know that you can import your calendar into a certain file format (may have been .csv or .xls) and then many calendar apps can read that, but they don't have an application on its own - just a web page.

thechidz  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 19, 2008, 03:51 AM

I just found this app called calgoo, it seems to work ok.
Bow chicka bow-wow

zro
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2008, 10:23 AM

Provider for Google Calendar :: Sunbird Add-ons

Way better than using CalDAV to get to your calendar in Sunbird/Lightening if only for the fact it allows for alarms.

That Calgoo seems kinda fishy to me. Their front page looks dedicated to selling "In-calendar marketing" and you have to sign-up to download the desktop app. No thanks!
( Last edited by zro; Dec 19, 2008 at 10:30 AM. )

EndlessMac
Senior User
Dec 19, 2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by thechidz View Post
especially for windows since windows calendars get smoked by ical.
Google doesn't make their own application but if you are just looking for a Window's alternative calendar software then try Mozilla's Sunbird which is from the same organization that created Mozilla Firebox web browser. I haven't used it myself since iCal works for me but you might want to give it a try if you are looking for a Windows alternative.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 20, 2008, 03:23 AM

No, Google does not make such an app. But Mozilla Sunbird, or the Lightning extension for Thunderbird should do the job.

I have a number of Google Calendars that I view and edit with iCal at home and Thunderbird+Lightning at work. It works great.

thechidz  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 20, 2008, 06:28 AM

I dont know, I just didnt really like the mozilla UI. So far I have dug calgoo but I will see if anything better pops up. It would be so cool if google made a free app
Bow chicka bow-wow

Forum Links
Forum Rules