Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS rebuilt 12" powerbook 867

FS rebuilt 12" powerbook 867
donclarkjr
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2007, 06:49 PM

Ok I am now selling this 12" powerbook I just rebuilt, this machine was bought from a member on here that thought the motherboard had gone out all it took was a new stick of ram and the machine took off. Here is what I have done to this computer. I replaced with new parts the bottom and screen top of the computer do to heavy scratches the previous owner had done. Bought a new power adapter off ebay along with a funtional lcd trim that now locks when you close the computer and a new apple brand battery. I even replaced the track pad/ palm rest area with one from ifixit.com. This computer looks as good as new. Here are the specs of the machine.

G4 867
60 gig hard drive
384 MB of ram
superdrive
airport extreme
bluetooth
all the other factory specs of course.

I can get some pictures of it for anyone who wants to see it please pm me your email address and I will send them to you.

I am wanting to get 600 for this computer, I know it might be a tad high but the way this machine looks I think it worth it.

Thanks for looking

Jerry
( Last edited by donclarkjr; Oct 4, 2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: changed discription)

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2007, 12:52 AM

Pictures are now available, please pm me with you email and I will send them to you. Or if someone could please inform me how to post pictures on this site I will post them here.

Let me tell you this thing looks good as new. Only thing right now is it wont sleep when you close the lid but I have the part coming to fix that. Of course I havent had this since it was new but I am sure the screen isnt as bright as it was when it was new.

Jerry

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2007, 09:55 AM

You really think you're going to get $600 for a personally built/repaired Powerbook without any warranty with those low of specs?

Reality check: you couldn't get that price if the machine you're selling was brand new in box with those specs. Used ones with those specs that are still under warranty go for $450, maybe $500 if you're lucky.

I think you'd be LUCKY to get $450 shipped for it, and that'd be pushing it, given that it's a personally rebuilt machine from spare parts off eBay with low specs and out of warranty.

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 22, 2007, 11:13 AM

really the only thing rebuilt is the outer case. There was nothing wrong with the machine besides the guy who had it before me put cheap ram that didnt work in it. And considering your right about most on here with these specs are going for around 450 well I wanted to start out at 600 and see if any offers were made. I will take offers from people, 450 is probably what I will get for this machine, man you are not good at selling things if you always price your product with no playing room to work on price. Yeah here is a used computer that works great how many 867 powerbooks look new out there. So please quit trying to go around and giving people advise on how to sell there stuff. I am not asking twice as much as I should for this machine, there might be someone out there that used to have one of these that would like another one and be willing to pay a little more to get one that looks like it just came from Apple.

If you are interested in please let me know other wise please dont post. These type of comments always lead to arguments that take away from the orginal post that I was trying to sell something.

I am willing to take offers on this powerbook so anyone interested please shoot over a offer. I dont need to sell it but I would like to.

Jerry

For the record the only spare part on this machine that is used is the front bezel that has the hook in it which keeps the display closed, all the other parts are bran new came in its original plastic protection. And nothing has been replaced inside the machine that makes it work besides the hard drive.
( Last edited by donclarkjr; Sep 27, 2007 at 02:49 PM. )

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2007, 11:24 AM

New price I really want to sell this. Would anyone be interested in paying 400 for it? Or I might be interested in trades let me know what you got.

Thanks
Jerry

Again if you need pictures please PM me your email address or someone let me know how to post pics

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 30, 2007, 11:12 AM

I got some pictures up so let me see if I can do this.

( Last edited by donclarkjr; Sep 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM. )

donclarkjr  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2007, 01:26 AM

TTT sorry for the bump but I need to move this computer 400 plus shipping? Thats 50 less then I now have in it.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007, 11:53 PM

Another member has sold an 867Mhz PB for $325 shipped a few weeks ago and it was in good condition with all the materials and original parts. I sold mine for 300 flat two months ago.
2.16 C2D Whitebook, 4Gb RAM
2.0 C2D Whitebook, 2Gb RAM
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

papadopolis
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2007, 05:23 AM

I offer 250$ shipped cause it is rebuilt. I have also PMed you.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 29, 2007, 12:07 PM

The keyboard looks like it's bending up in the top right corner in your pics...can you post better ones of this?

Is it even still for sale?
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

bballe336
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2007, 04:14 PM

Have you run an AHT or System Diagnostic on it?

Forum Links
Forum Rules