Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > You touch my junk and I'll have you arrested!

You touch my junk and I'll have you arrested! (Page 2)
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
That's a lie. You said this: Your attempt to rewrite history is a failure. You are an unrepentant troll.
I'm absolutely telling the truth, so you can take your allegations, your name calling, and stick them wherever you wish. I was referring to the video on the page that I instructed you guys to watch and not to the article, which I didn't even read initially. I honestly used "it" to refer to Napolitano, whether you want to accept that or not. I don't think it's appropriate to call the likes of Maddow or Napolitano by female pronouns, honestly.

She doesn't say anything about special exception or rules for any group.
You can ignore it all you want, but it doesn't make your ignorance the truth. If the screening program continues in its current form, there will very likely be special exemptions carved out for Muslims.

It amazes me that on an issue that conservatives and liberals can agree and unite on, you decide to twist this into an Americans vs Muslims fantasy. No, it doesn't amaze me, it disgusts me.
I'm glad to know you're so easily disgusted by the truth. It's obviously something you're not prepared to handle. That information may serve me well in the future.

These are the facts:
1. Islamic terrorism is the excuse for these scanning machines and thorough pat-downs;
2. Muslim groups are telling Muslims not to consent to either the machines or pat-downs;
3. Napolitano has indicated that forthcoming rules will address Muslim objections.

Napolitano failed to affirm that Muslims will be subjected to the same stringent security as other Americans. Napolitano said changes would be forthcoming to address their objections. They will apparently receive favored treatment and less thorough screenings that everyone else will continue to be forced to endure. Muslims will receive preferential treatment and be able to evade the security checks justified by their terrorist brethren. That's the apparent truth, whether you like it or not.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Nov 18, 2010 at 02:45 AM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I don't think it's appropriate to call the likes of Maddow or Napolitano by female pronouns, honestly.
I've had enough of your goddamn stupidity. Welcome to my Ignore list.

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
On our last trip we went through the scanners and they still decided that they needed to pat down one of the girls, maybe her shorts were too much for them. Some guy was acting like he was going to do it but we told him he was out of his f***ing mind. A woman did the pat, it took about a minute and we went on our way.
Did she look like she was hiding something in her shorts or something?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dork. View Post
Did she look like she was hiding something in her shorts or something?
I have no idea, but she does have a decent amount of junk in her trunk. She has quite a few genital piercings, but we think it was just random.
( Last edited by Shaddim; Nov 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM. )
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
How exactly does religious profiling work?
I have no idea. Then again, nobody's paid me enough to figure it out.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 10:02 AM

I have no idea, but she does have a decent amount of junk in her trunk. She has a decent amount of genital piercings, but we think it was just random.
Your daughter tells you about her genital piercings?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 10:05 AM

My wife. Geez, Mac.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 18, 2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
I have no idea. Then again, nobody's paid me enough to figure it out.
oic. so, just whining without offering any actual solutions, then.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
oic. so, just whining without offering any actual solutions, then.
Right, here's my solution then:
No flight except for cargo and private aircraft. You proles can walk.
There ya go.

What's your solution?

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 11:14 AM

What's your solution?
How about we just not freak out every time someone who hates us wants us to freak out?

The status quo was already overkill. The new machines are nothing but a power grab with a side of money grab.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
How about we just not freak out every time someone who hates us wants us to freak out?
That's not in Amerikkka's nature though, is it?

Never mind that anyone boarding a flight from elsewhere (where they haven't got scanners) to the US can easily hijack a plane and fly it into a building. It's all a joke. Politicians who need to be re-elected needing to be seen doing something.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 11:38 AM

Politicians who need to be re-elected needing to be seen doing something.
This is why I support voting for 3rd party candidates, even if they can't win. It will show the other candidates that being sane has a constituency too.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:38 AM

I honestly used "it" to refer to Napolitano, whether you want to accept that or not. I don't think it's appropriate to call the likes of Maddow or Napolitano by female pronouns, honestly.
Wow. That's pretty tacky.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:42 AM

This is why I support voting for 3rd party candidates, even if they can't win. It will show the other candidates that being sane has a constituency too.
But how to tell the masses? How to break the stranglehold of the two (or three) party system?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:45 AM

My wife. Geez, Mac.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. In popular usage referring to someone in your family as "one of the girls" usually means daughters, not one's wife. So I was confused as a result.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 12:07 PM

But how to tell the masses? How to break the stranglehold of the two (or three) party system?
I can't think of a better way than molesting them on their way out of town. Unless it's posting about it on the internet

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 12:11 PM

I can't think of a better way than molesting them on their way out of town.
Storm in a tea cup.
What's going to happen here is that a load of people will vote for Barry next time so that Barry can protect them against being felt up in airports. The electorate has learning difficulties. Always has, always will.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 12:38 PM

Curiously enough, I was felt up quite thoroughly by a very young & cute female TSA agent in Narita recently. I didn't mind one bit, she even smiled and winked.

However, this "touch my junk" guy should be given a medal - there's definitely a bit of momentum now. The TSA have been pushing somewhat decent law-abiding citizens around for far too long. Harumpf!
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 18, 2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by osiris View Post
However, this "touch my junk" guy should be given a medal - there's definitely a bit of momentum now. The TSA have been pushing somewhat decent law-abiding citizens around for far too long. Harumpf!
My thinking on him has changed since the start of this thread. His actions, no matter what the motivation, have made a lot of people aware of what is going on, and even if you think the new procedure is justified, more awareness can only be a good thing. So what if he was spoiling for a fight, and acted like a dick? This is America, and if there's one thing we're good at, it's being a bunch of dicks.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 02:59 PM

So what if he was spoiling for a fight, and acted like a dick? This is America, and if there's one thing we're good at, it's being a bunch of dicks.
Obligatory Team America:

"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Nov 18, 2010, 03:01 PM

Since they don't do this in airports that don't have the new scanners, it's obvious that the TSA is only doing this to humiliate the people who opt out of the full-body scan.
That's pretty much game/set/match there.

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2010, 04:01 PM

My thinking on him has changed since the start of this thread. His actions, no matter what the motivation, have made a lot of people aware of what is going on, and even if you think the new procedure is justified, more awareness can only be a good thing. So what if he was spoiling for a fight, and acted like a dick? This is America, and if there's one thing we're good at, it's being a bunch of dicks.
America, **** ya!

lulz
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 05:36 PM

Awkward Magnetometer Moment #246.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 18, 2010, 09:37 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In popular usage referring to someone in your family as "one of the girls" usually means daughters, not one's wife. So I was confused as a result.
And if you've been here for more than a couple months, you've caught onto Shaddim's living arrangement and would be able to figure out what he's talking about...

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Nov 18, 2010, 11:18 PM

In fact, if you do just the right google search you can see them, a couple of different pics. Her face isn't shown, but it's definitely her.
- Thomas Paine

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:28 AM

Amerikkka

Is this your version of BadKosh's "0bama"?

(Meant lovingly in case you are reading this BadKosh, I know you're dealing with some difficult stuff)

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:34 AM

The argument that if we are counting on airport security to catch terrorists that we have a pretty big problem is an interesting argument. There are many other intelligence layers that a terrorist needs to pass through, perhaps if they do the solution is to see to it that they don't rather than infringing on innocent passengers?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
And if you've been here for more than a couple months, you've caught onto Shaddim's living arrangement and would be able to figure out what he's talking about...
Not particularly. I'm not a student of Shaddim's living arrangements. I don't think I've ever read a single post on the subject, in fact.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 07:10 AM

Years ago after 9/11, a bank close to my workplace installed a security device at the entrance. I believe it was a combination of metal detector and explosive powder detector.

In order to get into the bank, you had to walk into the device one person at a time. You walk in, the cylinder device closes on you. Then a blast of air blows onto you from head to toe. A green light turns on if you are good to go and the cylinder opens. If it turns red, there is a security guard there to check out. Took about 5 seconds.

No x-rays, no groping.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Years ago after 9/11, a bank close to my workplace installed a security device at the entrance. I believe it was a combination of metal detector and explosive powder detector.

In order to get into the bank, you had to walk into the device one person at a time. You walk in, the cylinder device closes on you. Then a blast of air blows onto you from head to toe. A green light turns on if you are good to go and the cylinder opens. If it turns red, there is a security guard there to check out. Took about 5 seconds.

No x-rays, no groping.
Yes, but would it put the fear of Gov into people?

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Is this your version of BadKosh's "0bama"?
Yes.

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2010, 11:31 AM

Did you know that the TSA has a blog? Here it is!

The TSA Blog

The blogger is doing an admirable job at trying to get the TSA's story out there, but even if I give him the benefit of the doubt, then the new procedures he presents are clearly not being implemented uniformly across all TSA checkpoints, or else we wouldn't be hearing these stories.

Perhaps the TSA is just too big to be controlled effectively as a single organization? I recall being in favor of the establishing the TSA when it was first formed, under the theory that at least it would enforce consistency in the screening process. I think I was wrong on that, if anything things appear to be less consistent than before.

andi*pandi
Nov 19, 2010, 11:47 AM

urg, font-size.

urg, content is the same we've been hearing.

but, for:

"As much as we’d like to hear about your synchronized swimming club, I ask that all comments posted here remain TSA focused and adhere to TSA’s comment policy."

and heh:
http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/11/macbook-...any-other.html
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Nov 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 01:56 PM

Today's dopey TSA story: soldier returning from Afghanistan gets nail clippers confiscated, keeps M16.

Via Gruber.

Another TSA Outrage | RedState

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 06:20 PM

For those about to travel, you may want to consider this ....

DONT TOUCH MY JUNK BRO 2 HOODIE from Zazzle.com

They should get Antoine Dodson to do a commercial for these t-shirts. It could go something like this:

Hide yo kids ...
Hide yo wife ....
Hide yo husband too.
They touching errbody’s junk up in here!

OAW

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2010, 06:29 PM

Don't touch Charles Krauthammer's junk.

Originally Posted by Krauthammer
This time you have gone too far, Big Bro'. The sleeping giant awakes. Take my shoes, remove my belt, waste my time and try my patience. But don't touch my junk.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 19, 2010, 09:39 PM

Not particularly. I'm not a student of Shaddim's living arrangements. I don't think I've ever read a single post on the subject, in fact.
Yes, when you actually read others' posts, you learn stuff about them.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Today's dopey TSA story: soldier returning from Afghanistan gets nail clippers confiscated, keeps M16.

Via Gruber.

Another TSA Outrage | RedState
WTF?

Calling those TSA employees names would be insulting to "names".
What a bunch of f@cktards.

-t

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
WTF?

Calling those TSA employees names would be insulting to "names".
What a bunch of f@cktards.

-t
I'm sure the TSA folks aren't all that happy about it either. the new procedures have only been in place for a month, there are doubtless some TSA screeners who didn't think they'd be touching other people's junk all day when they signed up for the gig.

Does that screener look like he's enjoying his job?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 20, 2010, 01:27 AM

I bet there is a little porn soundtrack going on while this happens.

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2010, 03:46 PM

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 20, 2010, 04:35 PM

45/47

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 20, 2010, 08:06 PM

Fap fap fap.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 20, 2010, 08:22 PM

^^^ Always living up to our expectations, no matter how low they are.

-t

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 20, 2010, 09:51 PM

Congrats, you went an entire post without mentioning Obama.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 20, 2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Congrats, you went an entire post without mentioning Obama.

He white texted your ass, I guess you missed it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Nov 20, 2010, 11:28 PM

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 02:47 AM

Today's dopey TSA story: You get to see my weenie, but miss this? Starring Mythbusters' Adam Savage.

Via TWiT. It has the naughty language.

YouTube - #w00tstock Seattle: Adam Savage says "WTF, TSA?"

Dork.  (op)
Professional Poster
Nov 22, 2010, 02:57 PM

This guy is real pissed about how he was treated by the TSA.

(sorry....)

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 22, 2010, 03:07 PM

How incredibly f*cked up.

Really, I'm losing all respect for the TSA. I know that there are good and bad TSA employees, but it's getting to a point where I don't f*cking care. It's like saying there's good and bad drug dealers or politicians. Bullsh!t.

If you work in the TSA, you are guilty by association. If you don't like it, get a different job.

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules