Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Herman Cain is a reactionary bigot

Herman Cain is a reactionary bigot
lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2011, 01:41 PM

FoxNews: Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques. Here's the video.

Even the Republican party wouldn't choose a man who doesn't believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution to be a presidential hopeful.

BTW, for the confused, Sharia law doesn't mean what Cain thinks it does. It's a similar concept as canon law in Catholicism or Talmudic law in Judaism.
( Last edited by lpkmckenna; Jul 17, 2011 at 02:31 PM. )

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2011, 02:21 PM

First link is borked for me.

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2011, 02:32 PM

try it now.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks!

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2011, 03:54 PM

Gee. Even as someone who took issue with the mosque near the former WTC, I wouldn't dream of proposing it should be illegal.

This is separate from the fact such a law is patently unconstitutional. I wouldn't want that law even if there wasn't a 1st Amendment.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 18, 2011, 10:28 AM

I happened to run into Fox News Sunday while flicking around yesterday, and it was Chris Wallace interviewing Cain. The stupid is strong in this one; When asked point blank how his stance wasn't religious discrimination his answer was a delightfully moronic "This is different" and his justification for the stance was rooted in "There's more going on in the mosques than just worship". I believe this applies to Churches, too Herm.

What I was most taken by was his objection to Sharia Law in that it's a second set of laws Muslims have to worry about, and then goes on to say the other religions in the country don't have that. Uh, ever heard of the Ten Commandments?

His logic and statements were so thoroughly weak that I hope it's all an act, because it frightens me a human can be so thoroughly blind and hypocritical.

Also, is the terrorism card really even worth the play anymore? In that regard his politics seem four years out of date.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2011, 01:15 PM

I don't understand people that lose their money in getting worried about Sharia law becoming American law somehow.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2011, 04:42 PM

Herman Cain is simply trying to get some traction in his campaign by blatantly appealing to the more bigoted elements in the wingnut crowd. It's really not going to work even if there are some short-term benefits in terms of the news cycle and polling in the GOP primary ... because those comments will come back to bite him in the ass if by some small miracle he managed to win the nomination. For a man of his intelligence to go out by playing the "batsh*t crazy" card even harder than Michelle Bachmann is a sad sight to behold. What's even more interesting to note is how such bigotry has become acceptable in mainstream GOP politics. No major GOP figure has even denounced his comments on constitutional grounds, let alone for being the bigoted nonsense that it is.

OAW
( Last edited by OAW; Jul 18, 2011 at 05:21 PM. )

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 18, 2011, 04:55 PM

Edit: Redundant

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2011, 06:00 PM

Ban all types of churches, thats a better solution
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

screener
Senior User
Jul 18, 2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Also, is the terrorism card really even worth the play anymore? In that regard his politics seem four years out of date.
C'mon, the Repubs are all about fear mongering.
This particular moron just went to far, or was to dumb to sneak up on the almost, well, sane republicans.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 04:54 PM

No colors allowed.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 05:01 PM

Every time I glance at this headline on various websites I always read it as... "Herman Cain Wants to Ban Mosquitos".

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Every time I glance at this headline on various websites I always read it as... "Herman Cain Wants to Ban Mosquitos".
Well if that was what he really wanted to do I would be all for that. Pesky little b*stards!

OAW

Forum Links
Forum Rules