Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Romney incapable of remorse

Romney incapable of remorse (Page 3)
Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 17, 2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post
Of course it is. Somewhere. But when has the same media brought up documented stuff about Obama's high school years and asked questions? Never.
Ya, that would be almost like digging in to his birth records.

andi*pandi
May 17, 2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Romney giving up on home state of Massachusetts

I find it fascinating that Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum have so little support in own states. It's like the people who know them best know exactly how useless they really are.
Frankly, he didn't want to be here while he was here.

I dedicate this song to Mitt: Paul Revere and the Raiders - (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
May 17, 2012, 09:08 AM

Edit - wrong thread

lpkmckenna  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
May 24, 2012, 12:02 AM

An absolutely brutal Obama campaign commercial using the words of other Republican primary candidates.

Anyone watching the acrimony of the Republican primary knew that Romney's opponents were making Obama's re-election campaign easier.

We saw something similar in Canada a few years ago, when the Conservative campaign used the Liberal leader's words from the Liberal leadership campaign against him. The Liberals were utterly destroyed in that election.

andi*pandi
May 24, 2012, 08:43 AM

That Sarah Palin person makes a lot of sense. It's not negative yo ask these questions about bain.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 25, 2012, 07:02 AM

It's fair to ask about Bain, but I'm wondering why they don't simply ask any of the Obama campaign contributors from Bain for the inside scoop or any of the other venture capitalists within his own campaign team.

This is a losing strategy for Obama and against the advice of numerous Democrats, he's going to base his entire campaign on this folly. Granted, it's the only strategy available to a guy who can't run on his signature legislation, must outright lie about his spending record, and gave us a net-loss of more than 500,000 jobs over the course of his presidency. The icing on the cake will be losing the lawsuit lodged against his administration by the Catholic Church and the undoing of his signature legislation in the Supreme Court next month.

We're about to find out how shameless our little dictator becomes in the next couple of months. You can tell he's losing his noodle and is beginning to make himself look about as Presidential as Dennis Kucinich while his wingman is running about the place screaming over nothing.
ebuddy

subego
Clinically Insane
May 25, 2012, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
must outright lie about his spending record
Just thought I'd toss out this commentary from Murdoch's rag. I must admit I'm too sleepy to figure out who's right.

Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
May 26, 2012, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Just thought I'd toss out this commentary from Murdoch's rag. I must admit I'm too sleepy to figure out who's right.

Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch
It all has to do with the baseline; when the spending was conceived as opposed to when it was actually signed into expenditure. i.e. Bush vowed to veto new spending in late Q3-early Q4 of 2008 and the Democrats delayed appropriations bills for several months hoping for a kinder administration. They got what they hoped for, the spending was authorized and then attributed to Bush in Nutting's article.

In short, Bush signed only three of twelve appropriations bills for FY2009 yet all of that spending is being attributed to Bush. If Congress had pushed the remaining appropriations bills when they were supposed to, which they didn't because it was clear Bush would veto them; they could've been attributed to Bush. Except, that's not how it happened.
ebuddy

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
Romney giving up on home state of Massachusetts

I find it fascinating that Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum have so little support in own states. It's like the people who know them best know exactly how useless they really are.
Had Gore won Tennessee, Florida would have been a moot point and he would have been POTUS.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
May 26, 2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by finboy View Post
Of course it is. Somewhere. But when has the same media brought up documented stuff about Obama's high school years and asked questions? Never.
Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
If there was stuff there that could cause damage, don't you think Romney or McCain would have been all over it?
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
They would have if they were Lefties, duh.
Meet the Choom Gang!

A User's Guide To Smoking Pot With Barack Obama

45/47

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
May 26, 2012, 06:39 PM

lol!

subego
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2012, 08:04 PM

I'm not sure I believe this story.

I mean... a teenager? In Hawaii? In the 60's? Smoking pot?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 26, 2012, 08:29 PM

The "Hawaii" part sounds made up...

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules