Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > voice notes?

voice notes?
pwrmacg4
Forum Regular
Dec 29, 2009, 09:06 PM

"Voice memos." how does this work? (the one included with the itouch) The included earphone/microphone is not sensitive. Also, can I name&save voice files?
( Last edited by pwrmacg4; Dec 29, 2009 at 09:17 PM. )

zacharace
Dec 30, 2009, 11:20 PM

Not sure how detailed of a how-to you're looking for, but just hit the record button and talk.
You can definitely save voice files, but I think the files are all automatically named by the date and time recorded; no way to change it.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 31, 2009, 07:20 AM

Of course you can change the name!

When you hit the list overview, you can touch the little triangle on the recording and change the "Label" to something custom - this will be the name of the recording.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 31, 2009, 10:46 AM

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 31, 2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Of course you can change the name!

When you hit the list overview, you can touch the little triangle on the recording and change the "Label" to something custom - this will be the name of the recording.
I have to say in zacharace's defense that some parts of the iPhone UI aren't all that obvious. I've had to search and study several times to locate instructions to do simple things that, once they were pointed out were "forehead-slap" worthy.

Also not all apps, even Apple's apps/features, follow the same UI completely, This is a bigger problem than having tiny controls or un-obvious setting methods.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules