Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Partial/Broken USB 1.1 Bridge On External CDRW

Partial/Broken USB 1.1 Bridge On External CDRW
Dex13
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2004, 03:14 PM

I have a 4x2x8x Que! USB CDRW.

I loaned it to my friend and it seems as when he was packing it up to give to me, he snapped a pin inside the power socket on the USB bridge. I found this out immediately, as I began to burn right after I had gotten my burner back. As a consequence the rest of the functions (USB Bridge) works but not the actual drive. It won't eject.

So now I have my burner hooked up to my old 6500 (Power Only) and the power on for the bridge set turned on.

It's thankfully burning now as I type

But I have a question, can i just hook up my cdrw to my 6500 and use my crossover cable to relay files I want burned?

The problem at hand however is that the cables are scsi and not ata. so is there someway I can convert it to make it work?

And the model of the cdrw is TEAC CD-W54E, will that work natively in 8.6?

Forum Links
Forum Rules