Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Fetish 2, beta testers wanted

Fetish 2, beta testers wanted
grphxstud
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:55 AM

Happy New Year folks.

I finally got around to updating my theme, Fetish, but it needs beta testers and critique. I've included an icon set with this version, but it will likely change (be improved) for the final release. There are no plans to skin iTunes, as that is TEDIOUS, and it actually fits well with the default iTunes skin anyway.

EDIT: alright, I've changed my mind. I've started an iTunes skin. The last iTunes skin I designed was for version 4, it was a different ballgame then. Anyway, it's turning out rather well... so i will post a second beta within the next few weeks. I'm also committing to a Safari skin, Quicktime, and VLC. You may request other app skins, but my time is limited as i work full-time, go to school full-time, maintain personal clients, and i have an active personal life... so no promises on extras.

Download Page
( Last edited by grphxstud; Jan 17, 2007 at 12:07 PM. )
Stephen Topsy
TopsyDesigns

kat81
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 03:31 AM

I'd be willing to help out...but I have a question/request.
I use Ruler Aero and like/enjoy the transparency of things. No other themes seem to include that, and Ruler is like...not being worked on anymore. Do you think you could include your work on this theme with transparency?
(example: http://dollur.com/kat/072606.png old screenshot)

brazil
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 2, 2007, 11:23 AM

that looks real good-I would like to see a white/grey menu drop.But this looks quite proper-thanks for working it up and for lettin' us go along for the ride!
"I'm a Grey Chicken" - This is what my African Grey said . She did not learn it from me. www.screaminmoon.com

grphxstud  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by kat81 View Post
I use Ruler Aero and like/enjoy the transparency of things. No other themes seem to include that, and Ruler is like...not being worked on anymore. Do you think you could include your work on this theme with transparency?
(example: http://dollur.com/kat/072606.png old screenshot)
there are no plans to do a transparent version, is that something you can accomplish by using the tweak feature in shapeshifter?
Stephen Topsy
TopsyDesigns

grphxstud  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by brazil View Post
that looks real good-I would like to see a white/grey menu drop.But this looks quite proper-thanks for working it up and for lettin' us go along for the ride!
no problem
Stephen Topsy
TopsyDesigns

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 3, 2007, 10:32 AM

so you killed the red completely? I thought the red accents made it stand out a bit. I like the menus, and the I have always thought the window titlebar was a highlight in your work. Looking forward to the progress updates. BTW - Flagship is as always a wonderfully bright kit for the workspace.

grphxstud  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 3, 2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by eyevaan View Post
so you killed the red completely? I thought the red accents made it stand out a bit. I like the menus, and the I have always thought the window titlebar was a highlight in your work. Looking forward to the progress updates. BTW - Flagship is as always a wonderfully bright kit for the workspace.
no, i haven't killed the red.... in fact the iconset has a red variant. im in a toss up between, leaving all the red accents in the theme, or having one variant with the accents, and one without.
Stephen Topsy
TopsyDesigns

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2007, 10:33 AM

that is excellent news.

Visualize
Forum Regular
Jan 4, 2007, 12:12 PM

You are aware that not many will beta test this due to the fact that there is no iTunes skin. I reckon(without having downloaded this) that there is no QuickTime, DVD Player nor VLC skin. I stopped following progress on this theme and the other one you do, FlagShip after you dropped the last one namely FlagShip.

/end rant. Thank you very much for continuing to theme even if it's just for yourself.

Hal Itosis
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by kat81 View Post
I use Ruler Aero and like/enjoy the transparency of things.
No other themes seem to include that,
Basically true, although "Glass with Class" and "Greensleeves Glass"
can be downloaded from Makki Studios... they are not quite as nice
as Ruler Aero. I too am puzzled why more translucent themes aren't
generally available. Where did Landwebber and Rose disappear to?!?!
-HI-

grphxstud  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2007, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
You are aware that not many will beta test this due to the fact that there is no iTunes skin. I reckon(without having downloaded this) that there is no QuickTime, DVD Player nor VLC skin. I stopped following progress on this theme and the other one you do, FlagShip after you dropped the last one namely FlagShip.

/end rant. Thank you very much for continuing to theme even if it's just for yourself.
hmmm... you may have a point here.
Stephen Topsy
TopsyDesigns

Forum Links
Forum Rules