Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Best site for uploading business photos, not mixing personal with business

Best site for uploading business photos, not mixing personal with business
bbales
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2009, 02:18 PM

Hello -- For a work event, I uploaded photos to Flickr. Trouble is, there were some personal photos on my account, too -- nothing racy or TOO personal, mind you -- just photos of storm damage, in fact.

But I do a lot of work for this particular organization, and will be uploading photos frequently, for members of the association to view. I want to create a site that is STRICTLY business -- in fact, would be strictly for this organization.

I'm wondering about my options. I have .mac, but as far as I can tell, people would be able to see everything, including small movies I made of my kids, so unless there is a setting I'm missing, that's probably not the answer. Should I simply create a separate account on either flickr or kodak gallery? Any other options people would suggest? There's snugbug, or something like that as well. I just need people to be able to get to the photos quickly and easily, and without issues. And I also need to keep my own photos private!

Thanks.

ibook_steve
Aug 3, 2009, 04:16 PM

You can password protect photo galleries with MobileMe (.Mac). Create a gallery in iPhoto and click the settings button in the lower left corner. There you can select who has access and whether they need a login and password to view. You can also manually hide galleries from the advanced settings for the gallery in iPhoto or in the settings when viewing the gallery through a web browser.

Of course, password protection assumes you have iPhoto. It may work with Aperture as well, but I have no idea since I don't own it.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Andy8
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2009, 08:35 PM

You could also just setup another account in Flickr and use this just for business.

If your worried about messing around with cookies and so on, you could also setup another user account on your Mac, this would keep your personal and business stuff completely separate.

Leungy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 3, 2009, 09:33 PM

you can use photobucket which allows multi albums which you can either set private or public. and still be able to link pics from any album. so its pretty good for what you want. (i think) i use it and i think its good.

20" iMac [2006 | intel | 2 GB Ram | 750 GB HD | 10.5.8]

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2009, 02:34 AM

Can't you create a second account?

Then your business things and your racy girls would be nicely separated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules