Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > HOWTO: Add comics from comics.org to Delicious Library

HOWTO: Add comics from comics.org to Delicious Library
Morbus Iff
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2007, 11:20 AM

I've spent the last 10 or so hours hammering out an (in?)elegant hack to get Delicious Library 1.6.6 to import comic book information from comics.org in as "natural" a way as possible. Here's hoping it's a lot easier to do this in Delicious Library 2. From the post:

With the prospect of doing comic importing "the right way" (meaning "type in a title and have it Work" vs. "prepare an external file for importing"), I decided to see if I could get the current release, version 1.6.6, doing "the right thing" the wrong way - getting it to Work via an amalgamation of hacks. I succeeded, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time walking through this: I'll assume you're willing to wait until version 2 is out and this all gets rewritten properly (hopefully... if it's not possible, this hack will be fleshed out in more quality-assured detail).

Forum Links
Forum Rules