Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Minecraft

Minecraft (Page 60)
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 6, 2012, 06:40 PM

Missed a letter, should be on in a sec.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 6, 2012, 08:08 PM

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 7, 2012, 06:00 AM

If I ever finish it, I should probably share it with some forum or news site.

After the tour last night you guys understand my attachment to the world now, right?

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 7, 2012, 06:24 AM

There's allot of sweat equity there. My sorting machine probably has less than that in time invested in it. It wasn't well planned out either too.
make a better video tour and submit it to minecraftforums.net they may spotlight it on the front page. Just host it on something like youtube first. Dropbox would kill you.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 7, 2012, 06:49 AM

THAT .... is impressive. And rather fun looking. Awesome!

In other news... a public service announcement. I"m running the weekly update on my laptop. Not sure if it's a 1.3 or weekly thing, but fire spreads a LOT more violently than it used to. I mean a LOT more violently. Accidentally turned the region around my home base into nice, fertile grassland. It used to be a very thick forest... and it's still burning two day/night cycles later.

Smokey the Bear would be sooo irritated at me right now.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 7, 2012, 06:50 AM

Yeah, they buffed the fire in the new update.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 7, 2012, 06:56 AM

More like un-nerfed it. Of course with the occurrences of open surface lava its entirely possible to spawn in the middle of a forest fire on a new map. Just something to make it exciting. Supposedly rain should stop it.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 7, 2012, 09:27 AM

rain does stop it, but playing without cheats (read as /toggledownfall) it can burn a long time before going out. In my case, a 'week' game time.

funfunfun

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 7, 2012, 11:29 AM

Other reasons I'll want NEI: I plan on making a dungeon and I may populate it with some spawners... (It'll be a while yet).

Also in case of more villager vanishing, and wanting to repopulate it.

Man, I've never had so many creative ideas.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 12:20 PM

Ummm, , sorry Dakar. I was on a buddies MacBook showing him your amazing warp core, and I accidentally destroyed one of your diamond sorting pipes, near your valuable ore chest. I dropped all the items in it. Again, sorry man.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 7, 2012, 12:24 PM

It's not even been 24 hours!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 02:03 PM

After spending two weeks watching every Tekkit tutorial and demo on YouTube I could find, I threw my hat in the ring last night. I tried to get myself a sufficient distance away from everything man-made and created a temporary hut while I start allocating resources.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I'll also check out Dakar's place, but in the daylight...and not alone...and very slowly.

sek, did your stuff get ported over too? I didn't scroll all the way back in the thread.

[EDIT] Scratch that. Just looked at the previous page.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 02:34 PM

Awesome! Another Tekkit convert!

Yeah, as you know now, I'm just transferring all my precious things over, which is to say quite a bit of stuff.

Now, are waypoints client side or server side? Could make locating everyone a lot easier if they are server side.

At any rate, jawbone, feel free to use my upcoming facilities, or tekkit knowledge, to get your own thing going. The first couple of milestones can be a little tedious, but with some help and a little free EMC you can have a nice autonomous system up and running in little time. In fact, with the EMC we all have sitting around I feel we could at least get you a small LV Solar array right off the bat, since reliable power production is a bit of a pain at first.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post

It's not even been 24 hours!
I'm the worst...

Though all the teleport pipes are intact, so no tedious re-setting of the channels is needed.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 7, 2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
sek, did your stuff get ported over too?
It is now. Check on the river bank. I even managed to stick his factory in a kinda similar location. The side thing is in water, the land is kind flat and theres a village nearby. Not enough terrain explored to find a better fit. I'll wait to bring my stuff over.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 03:28 PM

Ahhh crap, my Quantum Armor was still equipped, any chance I can get that spawned in for me?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 7, 2012, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I'm the worst...

Though all the teleport pipes are intact, so no tedious re-setting of the channels is needed.
I hope Blaze is making frequent backups on this. COmpared to vanilla, I think we'll want them given the time and effort involved if something goes wrong.

andi*pandi
Sep 7, 2012, 06:55 PM

In non-tekkit news, sheep can climb cocoa beans, and zombies are stupid and won't go up stairs. <grumble grumble new grinder>

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 7, 2012, 10:06 PM

Well, everything is up and running...sort of....

I'm having a very odd problem with my 4 quarries. The materials spit out of a single teleport pipe, into a sorting diamond pipe with 4 teleport pipe outputs. At first I though items were bouncing around inside, not going in their designated spots (despite setting up the filter perfectly) but once I destroyed the pipe nothing came out except for my filter items. For some reason the game is displaying tons of items bouncing back and forth inside the pipe when they are not actually there, I think this is what cause my framerate to go to absolute crap after the quarries ran for a while.

The only solution I can come up with it to set up a few more teleport pipes receiving materials from the quarries to split up the volume, but at any rate, Tekkit would appear to be much, much buggier in a server environment then on a local machine.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2012, 07:34 AM

So… I grabbed a crystal chest to use and when I went to use it I had two, which I didn't remember. About 15 minutes later I went to grab something out of my alchemy bag and it was gone. Odd, I don't see myself dropping it. (At this point I assume it became the extra crystal chest as little sense as that makes). So I decide to make a new one so I can access the inventory – I can't make it. I out all the ingredients in a crafting table put it doesn't appear on the right and I can't pull it out. WTF.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 04:40 PM

I can't seem to find where my screenshots are being saved. Anyone know where to find them?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 04:55 PM

User/library/application support/technic launcher/tekkit/screenshots

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 06:02 PM

Odd

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2012, 08:02 PM

Apparently it's the minecraft.net servers, and now I can't get in.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 08:04 PM

It took me several times, keep trying

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 8, 2012, 08:08 PM

This is…. fun.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 08:15 PM

Getting the whole experience

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 8, 2012, 09:58 PM

Mercurial Eye + Water Bucket = Boot from Server.....

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 9, 2012, 07:47 AM

Yeah I see that in the log. Nothing I can do I think. I managed to fix NEI and I can craft an alchemy bag. Alchemy chest center blue dust on top and wool around.

On an another admin note, There are now 9 world anchors on the server. It uses 30% cpu (not that bad when I have 7 more) when no-one is logged in. The vanilla server is using 8% and someone is logged in. Please limit your use of world anchors. I'd bet you can get by with 1 or 2 each.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 9, 2012, 08:17 AM

I'll cop to that being my fault. I've been using them improperly because they don't appear to be as thorough as I'd expect. Is there any way to turn them off without removing them? Most of those are for the Quarry in the desert, but I'll remove most of them today.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 9, 2012, 08:21 AM

I've got one, but only because I thought it would keep my machines from "cooling down" which it does not do. I'll remove it when I get back in.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 9, 2012, 08:39 AM

Mmm… case in point. Removed four world anchors but left the one in the center of town above the quarry. Go back to my base and what should be a steady stream of cobble is nada. I don't get them.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 9, 2012, 08:45 AM

Heh, just mined two of them and instead of going back in my inventory they just disappeared. This ****ing game...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 9, 2012, 08:47 AM

Dug up one replaced with two, sorry. It'd be nice if they were more straightforward about the affected areas. Will have to look into dimensional anchors.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 9, 2012, 05:12 PM

So i think the teleport pipe glitch did screw me. Which is a shame because I left the Quarry running for an hour and half before going back tot he lair to check if it was working and noticed nothing was coming through to the Condenser. I have to assume everything the Quarry ejected and was bouncing in the TP despawned after a while.

Oh well.

Edit: The world anchors don't seem to be doing their job, either.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 10, 2012, 07:33 AM

Well, over on the vanilla server, things proceed apace. I have a new 'colony' well outside of the existing area, about 10,000m away from spawn, and it's amazing how many emeralds one can mine. gold is up, too. Diamonds, however, are lean.

Blaze, with all the tekkit stuff going on, any idea when the next map update will be? I'm a bit curious how the terrain looks nowadays so I can plan my next search pattern for a mushroom biome.

cycl0pse

andi*pandi
Sep 10, 2012, 07:57 AM

Those villagers drive a hard bargain, but I managed to get an emerald that way. Have yet to see one in the mines.

Tree. So fricking. Close.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2012, 08:16 AM

It will have to wait till I get home, entering cli commands into a terminal window using an VNC app on an iPhone is a pain.

I made some progress in my Technic world, I should have a video tonight to show why I switched from Tekkit. Put an electrical engine that only takes MV on the HV line to the Mass Fabricator. I thing the explosive power setting for that mod are a little high. Thankfully I had a backup from a few minutes before.

I was right about the Quantum Armor power. I was AFK in my new assembly lab. Something pushed me all the way across the room and into a lava pool. After I came back from grocery shopping and eating dinner my armor was at 1/4 power.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2012, 09:10 AM

Apperently emeralds ore is only in extreme hills biome, and it will need to be a new chunk.
Easier way, go to my dome, grab some of the wool from the chests on the left and trade an inventory full to a villager.

andi*pandi
Sep 10, 2012, 09:32 AM

I was pondering grabbing some chickens/eggs and doing such.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 10, 2012, 09:56 AM

I"ll check what biome I'm mining in now, but I don't think it's extreme hills. I DO know it's a new area, though.

Also, when they say diamonds are below Y16, they mean it. I've only found 1 so far and it was near y10.

And for the record, how far out have people explored the nether? I think I found a new fortress as I'm tunneling back toward 'civilization'... but want to make sure before I start to loot bricks for fun and profit.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
I was pondering grabbing some chickens/eggs and doing such.
Hmmm... now were can you get a large supply of eggs...

Originally Posted by cycl0pse View Post
And for the record, how far out have people explored the nether? I think I found a new fortress as I'm tunneling back toward 'civilization'... but want to make sure before I start to loot bricks for fun and profit.
I think the fortress under your floaty building is the furthest out people have been in the nether since it marks the edge of Thoron. Besides there's a nearly infinite number of them.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 10, 2012, 04:57 PM

lo and behold it IS Extreme Hills I'm finding emeralds in.

As for the fortress I found, I do believe once my path home is made, I'm going to get me some pretty brick stone

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 10, 2012, 05:49 PM

Here's two videos of my new processing system. The first is an example of using a condenser in a recipe. The second is just awesome for using a bazillion items. The only items not crafted are the advanced alloy, rubber, and the refined iron. I don't yet have machine processing set up yet. The image posted a few weeks back of an auto crafting table and some pipes, yeah one pipe replaces all of that.

[URL =blazemkiv.dyndns.org/Files/WaterCell.m4v]Water Cells[/URL]
[URL =blazemkiv.dyndns.org/Files/MFSU.m4v]MFSU[/URL]

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2012, 06:30 AM

So, my quarry doesn't run well without 3 million world anchors. I've resigned myself to placing and removing them as I turn it on/off. My recommendation to anyone making quarries in the future is limit them to around 32 blocks max...

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2012, 08:12 AM

Oh, I saw NEI is working. DOn't know how you pulled it off blaze, but sek ad I already had to utilize it last night. Win!

---

I may not follow through, but I'm looking into railcraft. I imagine the first question is how this won't be redundant given our flying rings, but sometimes it's nice to just push a button and sit back.

My first subway station in being started near my desert castle, FYI.

BLAZE_MkIV
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2012, 08:33 AM

The only way railcraft would be really handy is if you use the high speed tracks. What would be awesome is if you used the auto (people) loader and unloader on the nether side of the gate. So you go thru the gate it automatically grabs you and sends you to the central switching point were you pick your destination and it sends you there and pitches you into that nether gate.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Sep 11, 2012, 08:37 AM

Looks like someone is like 10 steps ahead of me.

I'm sure I'm going to implement a launching track somewhere, just cuz.

cycl0pse
Senior User
Sep 11, 2012, 12:09 PM

So I just looked at the updated (vanilla) map (many thanks, Sir Blaze!) and ... um... wow. I really did go that far out there, didn't I?

There's a desert village I never noticed (it was dark when I went past...) and a village with some new structures out by my 'outpost'.

Much exploring to be done. That mushroom biome isn't finding itself

andi*pandi
Sep 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

jeez louise you are off on your own out there. Send postcards!

Forum Links
Forum Rules