Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" Brenthaven Shoulder Case Pictures & Review

17" Brenthaven Shoulder Case Pictures & Review
AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 08:39 PM

I just recently received this notebook case, and so here's the low-down on what I think about it!

First, I paid USD$149.99 from Apple.com. I opened up the cardboard shipping box to see a striking black notebook case in clear plastic. The label tag is quite attractive, but all that is petty, here's the real deal.

As I first picked it up, I immediaitely noticed that it's extremely light, which is a *very* good thing. I'm amazed at how it is as light as it is. It looks much heavier than it is.

The shoulder strap is attached to the case via sturdy *metal* rings that won't just snap off over time, and both ends of the strap can be removed from the case via metal latches that you just push to release, very simple and effective. The strap is thickly padded for ultimate comfort, and it's nice and big to stretch completely over your shoulder. The underside has a nice layer of slip-resistant substance that really works great...it grips a cotton shirt very well and doesn't grip so hard it pulls your shirt. The strap is one of my favorite parts, as it's design was clearly thought through. Each end of the strap clips on an opposite side of the case, and the padded part is curved perfectly to fit your shoulder, and it worked equally well on the left or right shoulder. The strap works wonderful and doesn't force you to lean one way to keep the case from slipping off, which is very nice. The strap is fully adjustable to bring the case close or far from your armpit. It's very comfortable to wear, they perfected this.

The case also has 2 handles, one of each side of the main zippered compartment, just like the strap straddles this zipper. It has a nice amount of padding around the sturdy innerds so that the handles don't bend in your palm while carrying. Great placement of these also.

The case is very rugged looking, but extremely subtle, as to not draw much attention to it. Nothing over the top, but yet very effective. It's ballistic nylon, basically rip proof. The side has a non-removeable tag in which you can slide your business card or homemade nametag/contact info. in in case you misplace it (very nice addition). The case itself has a surprisingly small form factor, which is a big plus going along w/ its light weight. All the zippers and zipper pulls are also black, very stealthy. The outside of the case features a long & narrow zippered compartment in which you can stuff CD's, etc. that you need to access quickly & often. On the opposite side of the outside, there 2 pockets in which you can slide papers or folders into for quick & easy access.

Entering into the main zippered compartment you'll find numerous CD pockets, as well as 2 sectioned & stiffly supported folders to slide papers in between. Also in here you'll find the very nice removeable 17" notebook sleeve! This is a great addition, as they can cost quite a bit by themselves. The sleeve fits snuggly inside the compartment, and is easily removed by undoing the line of velcro running entirely across the top of it to keep it securely held while inside. The removeable sleeve has it's own nylon carry handle, and it's VERY padded. Entirely padded all around...you can have your notebook in this, drop it on concrete, and it wouldn't cosmetically damage the notebook whatsoever. It's extremely hardcore, and very nice for when you just need the notebook by itself.

Entering to the secondary compartment you'll find numerous CD pockets, places for PDA's, iPods, external adapters, cables, AC adapter, Extra batteries, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc. VERY VERY roomy in this compartment, yet not oversized. Again, I can't compliment this case enough on having a small form factor, yet allowing TONS of spaces for accessories and things. The compartments are padded between each other as well.

A firm peice of padding runs entirely across the bottom and halfway up each side to keep it standing straight up when you place it on the floor and to protect the bottomside of your case.

In conclusion, it's a beautiful, rugged, lightweight, roomy, and more than effective notebook case for the 17" PB. I consider it well worth the $149.99 I paid for it. The only cons are that it's all black, which is only a con to the people wanting "flashy", but I don't want to advertise my $3,299 notebook & accessories to any potential theives, which is why I like the stealth black color. I don't feel that I was jipped on compartment space. Everything I'll want to carry, I'll be able to, with room to spare. The removeable sleeve is very, very nice. It could easily be sold seperately as a sleeve w/o any modifications...that's how nice it really is, it's not just some knockoff sleeve, it's extremely well made. I feel very confident about putting my 17" PB in this when it arrives.

If anyone has any other questions, please ask! And to see various pics of this, please register at www.spymac.com if you haven't already, and then view them here: Click Here

Cheers!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Foulenough
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2003, 10:14 PM

Great review - thanks for this. I've ordered one of these too, which should be arriving with my new Powerbook on Tuesday (yeah!).

I want to use it to get the 'book to and from work and since I live only a few miles away, I usually cycle there. My question is, is the pack small enough that it won't bump on the saddle while I'm cycling? It's my only remaining concern after your very comprehensive review - the other thing I was worried about was weight, but from what you say it sounds like no problem.

Thanks again.

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 10:16 PM

Hard to make sense of the images but thank you!

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by Foulenough:
Great review - thanks for this. I've ordered one of these too, which should be arriving with my new Powerbook on Tuesday (yeah!).

I want to use it to get the 'book to and from work and since I live only a few miles away, I usually cycle there. My question is, is the pack small enough that it won't bump on the saddle while I'm cycling? It's my only remaining concern after your very comprehensive review - the other thing I was worried about was weight, but from what you say it sounds like no problem.

Thanks again.
I really like the fact that the case isn't bulkier nor more inflated than need be whatsoever. It's just as big as it needs to be to safely accomidate the 17" PB, but nothing more, thus it retains a small form factor yet provides more than adequate accessory space. If you toss it over your shoulder and have the notebook on your side or on your back, and I would recommend the later, it should stay clear of any moving parts and shouldn't effect your cycling at all. Escp. considering the very functional adjstable straps, you should be able to get the height precisely as you need it. Good luck with it!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by Arch.:
Hard to make sense of the images but thank you!
Sorry about that! They're mixed in there w/ all my other photos, and the quality isn't the greatest on some, but it's hard to see detail without massive photos and escp. since everything is the exact same color.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 10:46 PM

So, with this bag you really can't fit say a book or two (school books 250+ pages hardcover) in their with your powerbook?

That is the impression I get when I read the description on Apple's Website about this bag and the Backpack version.

Thanks,
Chris

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by b3b0p:
So, with this bag you really can't fit say a book or two (school books 250+ pages hardcover) in their with your powerbook?

That is the impression I get when I read the description on Apple's Website about this bag and the Backpack version.

Thanks,
Chris
Oh, you certainly can! If you minimize your accessories to just the basics in which you'll need, you can easily get one textbook in the main zippered compartment w/ the notebook & another book in the secondary zippered compartment. Of course, you can't carry your external keyboard, AirPort base, digitcal camera, or any other large accessory, but with minimal accessories, 2 books can easily fit into the case, presuming you don't mind adding to it's girth.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 11:24 PM

Thanks!

Well, I am going to keep the Brenthaven Backpack order I have unless I can get a hold of the Tom Bihn People before my order gets shipped. If I did not need a bag so bad (hey, can't take this 17" slab of aluminum with me without proper protection can I?) I would probably get the Tom Bihn. Either way, I get a really nice bag that will work for me.

Those Tom Bihn people never work. Just look at those hours. Geez! Wish I had a job like that.

Thanks,
Chris

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 11:26 PM

No problem!

I'm sure the Tom Bihn bag would work as well, but as I said, if you need one now, the Brenthaven Bag is wonderful, and with minimal accessories you can get a few books and paper, pens, etc. in there to take to classes.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 11:35 PM

That makes me feel alot better. Thanks (Again)!

Geez! you live on these forums! 600+ posts since January!! good lord. I have a measily 70 something. The front page of the Powerbook forum is littered with your name under last post.

Anyway, Thanks for your feedback. Makes me feel a little better about the purchase.

Cheers,
Chris

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 11:37 PM

Heh, yeah...I basically live on the computer, and while I'm here the MacNN forums are always running in the background, and I check them every so often & try to give back any input I possibly can...that's what it's all about.

People were willing to help me when I needed questions answered, so I'm happy to give back.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

BigDaddy
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2003, 12:51 AM

What do you do for a living? You have dropped some major bucks with the computer and monitor. I am jealous.

pamelah
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2003, 12:56 AM

just as a sidenote....you might want to move that extreme base station if that's where you plan sitting. I take it you haven't read anything about exposure yet...lol
Architecture:Design | 17" alPB | 23" cinema display etc...

yosemitesamiam
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2003, 01:53 AM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
No problem!

I'm sure the Tom Bihn bag would work as well, but as I said, if you need one now, the Brenthaven Bag is wonderful, and with minimal accessories you can get a few books and paper, pens, etc. in there to take to classes.
In the backpack vs shoulder bag debate...my feeling is that the backpack would be awkward...for some reason, having an object that big and flat on my always bending back doesn't make sense...

On the other hand...with either bag, it is good to know that the bag is going to be big enough to hold legal sized documents...

one question...when you say a digital camera would fit...what is the limitation? I own a Minolta Dimage 7i...fairly big SLR type camera compared to most digitals out there. Do you think it would fit?

Also...do you think a Canon Canoscan scanner would fit in the bag as well? Gotta love USB powered scanners!

Thanks!

Sam
Where's the 'Make Coffee' button on
this thing?

b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2003, 03:21 AM

Well about the Backpack vs Messenger/Shoulder bag debate. Not to start a war of what is better but too help other students not make a $200+ dollar mistake like I did.

I own a Timbuk2 Mogwai Computer Commuter bag. It is one awesome bag. More protection then anything I have ever seen and more space too. However, as a student carrying books, a computer, and your lunch in one of those nylon coolers around all morning or afternoon going from class to class to work is just plain painful.

I feel as though I am going to snap in half and my collar bone is going to crack in half sometimes. Let me just say for me I don't find it comfortable nor ergonomic.

This is for me however. I don't know if it matters but I am only 5' 4" and the mogwai is one big bag. It is too big for me yet almost not big enough to carry everything I need (yes, that is an oxymoron).

So, logically my only next option is a backpack, which I know is comfortable and evenly distributes the weight on my back.

I would like to thank the people who suggested I get a backpack instead of a messenger bag. I think you saved me from years of chiropractor in the future

Thanks,
Chris

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2003, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by BigDaddy:
What do you do for a living? You have dropped some major bucks with the computer and monitor. I am jealous.
I'm an incoming college student that has worked extremely hard the past 4 years on a farm working 14-18 hour days putting together money as hard as I could during the summer and any time off, and my money market funds and investments have thankfully done well also.

Originally posted by yosemitesamiam:
In the backpack vs shoulder bag debate...my feeling is that the backpack would be awkward...for some reason, having an object that big and flat on my always bending back doesn't make sense...

On the other hand...with either bag, it is good to know that the bag is going to be big enough to hold legal sized documents...

one question...when you say a digital camera would fit...what is the limitation? I own a Minolta Dimage 7i...fairly big SLR type camera compared to most digitals out there. Do you think it would fit?

Also...do you think a Canon Canoscan scanner would fit in the bag as well? Gotta love USB powered scanners!

Thanks!

Sam
I personally purchased the Shoulder Case because I'm going to have strictly computer accessories in the case, and I didn't want that stuff in a "bookbag" because I'll be carrying my school supplies & books in a bookbag. I picked up an Eastpak that has a built in notebook holder in the main zippered compartment closest to my back, so when I need just the notebook, I can slide it right into that bookbag as well. But upon getting the Shoulder Case, I'm thrilled at the comfort and ease of wearing it on my shoulder, and I feel I should have no issues carrying both simultaneously if need be.

Too, I looked at that Minolta camera, and I'd say that *without* the lens extension, it could be placed into the secondary compartment at the sacrifice of some accessory room and definitely adding to the girth of the case. It's not exactly "made" to fit in there, and most likely you'd simply have to drop it in that compartment as there's not really a place to "hold" it, and it would subtract from the amount of other stuff you could put in there, but as far as having it in there & still getting the zipper to close, it would most definitely work.

Also, my Canon LiDE 30 (very beautiful slim USB-powered scanner) will fit perfectly into either the main or the zippered compartment. Again, as it is obvious, it eliminates the ability to put a lot of other accessories in along with it, but nonetheless, if you need that scanner to tag along, it will fit because it's so thin.

Hope that answered everything, if you have any other questions, just post!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

tanhauser
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 24, 2003, 05:05 PM

Great review, thanks AssassyN, I was wondering about the Brenthaven case. By the way, I'm already looking forward to your Albook review once you get it, that'll be a wonderful day!

F

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2003, 06:10 PM

Originally posted by tanhauser:
Great review, thanks AssassyN, I was wondering about the Brenthaven case. By the way, I'm already looking forward to your Albook review once you get it, that'll be a wonderful day!

F
Why thank you!

Yep, trust me, as soon as I get my 17" PowerBook, I'm staying up all night and testing every single aspect I can imagine, and then I'm dedicating a couple hours to the keyboard writing a thorough review on it just like this one. As of today, my "On or Before" Date is still 4/7/03, so here's to hoping it ships out even sooner! And when it does arrive, rest assured I'll post pictures and a very detailed review here on the boards.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 24, 2003, 07:17 PM

I've had a Brenthaven bag for about a year...use it to tote around my Ti.

There was no question about which bag I'd order for my new 17". Got the larger Brenthaven, and now just need the computer!

Seriously, the case is so well made, and the sleeve is incredible. Best protection I've seen.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2003, 07:47 PM

Originally posted by tonewheel:
I've had a Brenthaven bag for about a year...use it to tote around my Ti.

There was no question about which bag I'd order for my new 17". Got the larger Brenthaven, and now just need the computer!

Seriously, the case is so well made, and the sleeve is incredible. Best protection I've seen.
Most definitely...glad you like yours as well! Hope your 17" PB arrives soon!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

andybrawer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2003, 11:10 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with this review.

I travelled today, and carried my new PB (in its sleeve, a thick daytimer, and my old dell inspiron (I don't have all my files transferred over yet). I thought that I might seriously hurt my shoulder lugging it around, but the bag so efficiently distributes the weight that I could barely tell there was an extra 8lb hog in there.

I've gone through dozens of laptop cases and backpacks, albeit for PC's - this bag outclasses all of them.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2003, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by andybrawer:
I agree wholeheartedly with this review.

I travelled today, and carried my new PB (in its sleeve, a thick daytimer, and my old dell inspiron (I don't have all my files transferred over yet). I thought that I might seriously hurt my shoulder lugging it around, but the bag so efficiently distributes the weight that I could barely tell there was an extra 8lb hog in there.

I've gone through dozens of laptop cases and backpacks, albeit for PC's - this bag outclasses all of them.
Another satisfied user! Glad to hear you like it as well, the perfected strap & weight distribution are certainly two highpoints that makes this case stand out above the rest.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

AmyLR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2003, 04:36 AM

A few weeks ago I got my 12" PowerBook and I ordered the Brenthaven Backpack at the same time. I'm moving up from a 14" iBook and I really liked the Brenthaven Shoulderbag that I got for my iBook.

I decided to go for the backpack model this time because I usually use my laptop primarily when traveling somewhere. I noticed that it's a slight pain to try and juggle a bag (or bags), jacket, purse and computer shoulder bag. However a backpack is no big deal. In addition it's much easier to chase down my two boys (fast moving 9 and 5 year olds) in an airport if I'm wearing a backpack :-)!

TTFN,
Amy
With a 'chute, computer and LAN cord, here I go GERONIMO!!

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 08:21 AM

Originally posted by AmyLR:
A few weeks ago I got my 12" PowerBook and I ordered the Brenthaven Backpack at the same time. I'm moving up from a 14" iBook and I really liked the Brenthaven Shoulderbag that I got for my iBook.

I decided to go for the backpack model this time because I usually use my laptop primarily when traveling somewhere. I noticed that it's a slight pain to try and juggle a bag (or bags), jacket, purse and computer shoulder bag. However a backpack is no big deal. In addition it's much easier to chase down my two boys (fast moving 9 and 5 year olds) in an airport if I'm wearing a backpack :-)!

TTFN,
Amy
Glad you like your puchase!!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 09:52 AM

I'VE MADE THE FRONT PAGE!!!

Hehe, well, my review that was originally posted right here on the MacNN Forums is now gracing the front page of The PowerBook Zone and they even gave it its own seperate page!

It's quite possible that other sites like MacNN, MacSurfer, PowerBook Central, AppleLinks, etc. could post the link to the review on their sites as well! Didn't know it'd have such an impact! So if you guys get a chance, check it out!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Moose
Senior User
Mar 25, 2003, 10:01 AM

Based on this review, I ordered one yesterday from PC Connection where it costs less than from Apple.

PC Connection provides excellent service, and excellent prices. I'm not sure about the service you get when you call to order from the catalog, but when you have an assigned sales rep for your company, they give you the impression that you are the only account they have. Excellent service.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Moose:
Based on this review, I ordered one yesterday from PC Connection where it costs less than from Apple.

PC Connection provides excellent service, and excellent prices. I'm not sure about the service you get when you call to order from the catalog, but when you have an assigned sales rep for your company, they give you the impression that you are the only account they have. Excellent service.
That's awesome to hear! I'm very glad my review was able to help you in your decision...I'm certain you'll be extremely pleased with the case! And thanks for the heads-up for the lower prices & excellent service at PC Connection! Enjoy it!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Too Artificial
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2003, 01:04 PM

Add me to the list of those in favor of the Brenthaven. I've had mine for about a year for my Ti and it's just been a fantastic bag. Plenty of room inside to carry the stuff I need.

It seemed like a lot of money when I bought it, but it has been money well spent as it's worth every penny!

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 08:34 PM

Great to hear you like it!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

b3b0p
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2003, 09:02 PM

Add me to the list of (future) Brenthaven owners.

Just ordered me the backpack version.

Only only thing I am worried about is if I can fit a book or two in there with my Powerbook. Can somebody please confirm this? I so don't want to have to carry 2 bags with me everyday.

Thanks,
Chris

doyouflip
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2003, 09:18 PM

hey AssassyN...are you getting a kickback on these things? If not, you should be

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by doyouflip:
hey AssassyN...are you getting a kickback on these things? If not, you should be
LoL, I'm not at all! Brenthaven should be sending me a check or something, lol, though I never intended to sell these things, just to inform people of how great it is.

I'd love an internet editorial position somewhere though!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Shafty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2003, 10:36 PM

I sure like the look of this bag, but I dont' know if I can bring myself to pay $150 for a laptop bag. Does anybody know any place you can order this from, besides the apple.com store, for less than $150? Thanks!

Matt

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2003, 10:49 PM

DO IT!! GET IT!!! I just got mine today and it is great. Hands down the best laptop bag ever! Let me know if you would like higher resolution pictures Assy. Now if my god damn computer would just show up.......

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by Shafty:
I sure like the look of this bag, but I dont' know if I can bring myself to pay $150 for a laptop bag. Does anybody know any place you can order this from, besides the apple.com store, for less than $150? Thanks!

Matt
It may be hard to believe, but it's honestly worth the $149.99 I paid for it, but luckily, PC Connection has these cases for only $119.99, just Click HERE

And I'm glad you like yours Arch.!! And I'm with ya, the PB needs to ship ASAP!

Good luck!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

jojomana
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2003, 03:07 AM

Great review AssN your my hero with all that stuff, hope your PB17 comes quickly.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 26, 2003, 09:55 AM

Thanks man! And so do I...still no tracking number as of now, but hopefully it'll show up soon!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

cocoa_coder
Mar 26, 2003, 11:55 AM

Let me guys say this: I used to have a 15" pb and upgraded to the 17". for the 15" i had the brenthaven backpack2. It was really nice and worth every cent of the 179$ I paid for it. But after getting my 17" I bought the 149$ Brenthaven bag (non backpack) and man. This thing is so nice. Here is what I have been able to stick in there without deforming the case or weighing too heavy:

17" Powerbook G4
Powerbook G4 Cord (With the long cord)
Apple Pro Mouse
iPod
Palm Tungsten
Gameboy Advance SP
GameBoy Advance SP Power Adapter
10 Gameboy Games
1 DVD Case (WWDC 2002 Conference Disc)
1 Legal Size PORTFOLIO (THICK)
Keys,
A few documents
Getting Started Powerbook Manual a few pens
Kensington Notebook Security Cable (6')
And i feel like I still have room to put:
More disks, perhaps a few magazines.

One more thing: Please tell me if I'm crazy, my friends say I should sell my brenthaven backpack for the 15" on ebay.
But I feel that I can use that solely to store books (as I usually carry around 2 books at least)and perhaps other things like my camera and other non g4 related stuff.
Any thoughts?

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 26, 2003, 12:52 PM

Glad to hear you like yours! And thanks for posting those examples of how roomy the case truly is all while keeping a small form factor and a relatively low weight.

And as for selling your other bag, honestly, I'd list it on eBay and then purchase a cheaper bag to lug around less exensive things like books, etc. The Brenthave case is just too nice & valueable IMO. Good luck!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

erichen
Forum Regular
Mar 27, 2003, 07:58 AM

I got my 17" Brenthaven case for a while now (though the PowerBook is yet to arrived!) When I first received it, I thought it was a bit big....but now I have a feeling that it might be too big for everyday use (it's more like a traveling case!) So I might buy a Tumi bag when I return to U.S.! It's much thinner & portable!

~Eric

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 27, 2003, 08:31 AM

Well this case wasn't designed to a "sleeve" or anything like that. If you know you're only gonna be carrying your notebook and very few accessories with you, this bag provides space you'll probably never even take advantage of; however, if you know you're a power user that has to lug around multiple accessories, school work, books, paperwork, etc., then this case provides more than adequate room for all of that, all while maintaining an extremely comfortable form factor that makes it comfortable to carry.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Forum Links
Forum Rules