Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook Pro Sound/Speakers

MacBook Pro Sound/Speakers
PartialPants
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2007, 01:54 PM

I had the MBP first rev. for about a year and then shifted it to one of the people I support and bought myself the new one right before the LED screen'd MBP came out.

It's great, faster, and all that stuff but the speakers/sound is noticibly worse than my previous MBP. I really don't think this is just in my head -this MBP sounds really really thin. The volume doesn't seem to be as loud either. Anyone know what the deal is?

Maybe I traded the whirring noises from first revs for no whirring and lousy sound.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 1, 2007, 03:44 PM

Best bet is to go into an Apple store. They will have planty of people who have heard plenty of these MBPs to compare to. They should still have some you can compare for yourself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules