Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Bronze PB G3 Memory Cache error

Bronze PB G3 Memory Cache error
hksunshine
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2005, 08:56 AM

I'm having a few issues with my Bronze PB G3. I'm running OS 9.1. When I start up I get an error message that the internal check found a problem with cache memory and I should contact a service person. I click "O.K." and it completes the starts up. The PB been crashing alot mostly during start up and shut down. Ran both Norton Utilities and tech tool and found no errors. Does that error mean the memory module needs to be replaced or OS needs to be reinstalled, or is it something more insidious that might require professional help? I do not go inside PB (bull in a china shop syndrome...as a matter of fact top doesn't stay up ...needs tighening...have all the specs but too aprehensive to try).
I had a reliable, resonable and honest Apple repair quy in New Jersey Mick Seeley - [email protected] but been two years and now his emails come pack as undeliverable. If anyoneknow how I can reach him that would also be appreciated.
Note Reason I am still running OS9.1 = I use and like Appleworks 5 and have about 1K docs with it. OS 10 doesn't support it and I do not like Appleworks 6. I'd love to upgrade to OS 10 as I hear it's much more stable...even have the software but that's another issue.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Apr 18, 2005, 05:42 PM

I'm not sure about your Cache problem, but I have a suggestion for your AppleWorks:

http://www.apple.com/iwork/

Pages is Apple's new layout/word processing app. It's OS X native, of course, and can import AppleWorks documents.

Forum Links
Forum Rules