Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > The Strangest (and annoying) MobileMe Issue

The Strangest (and annoying) MobileMe Issue
dzp111
Senior User
Dec 27, 2010, 09:31 PM

I built a site for my domain (not with iWeb).

All went well except that when I attempt to visit the site I'm always redirected to www.me.com. This happens on both Safari and FF.

The site's server says it has nothing to do with the problem and that it must be at my end. Makes sense.
I did purchase a MobileMe account a few weeks ago and I'm wondering if that's the source of my havoc.

I signed out of MobileMe on all computers then even Repaired Permissions twice. Now my computers run flawlessly, but when trying to visit my site I still end up at Apple's MM.

Any theories?

Thanks.
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................www.DNCH.com

.................................................. .................................................. .......................www.daniel.poirier.com

ibook_steve
Dec 28, 2010, 03:53 AM

Did you at some point go to https://secure.me.com/account and set up your personal domain? Maybe you need to delete that.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

dzp111  (op)
Senior User
Dec 28, 2010, 11:47 AM

Thanks Steve. My domain was indeed listed there. I thought I was being hijacked there for a moment. : )

While we're on the subject, I'm trying to figure out any major advantages of having my domain pointing there. I don't mind using iWeb except for the part about keeping track of where my domain file is.

Thanks again.
.................................................. .................................................. ..................................www.DNCH.com

.................................................. .................................................. .......................www.daniel.poirier.com

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 28, 2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by dzp111 View Post
then even Repaired Permissions twice.
What made you think OS file permissions had anything to do with your Internet routing issue? And on top of that, why do it twice?

Apple should really take that function out of Disk Utility. Think of all the precious minutes people expend needlessly repairing permissions.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

dzp111  (op)
Senior User
Dec 28, 2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
What made you think OS file permissions had anything to do with your Internet routing issue? And on top of that, why do it twice?
I was probably thinking that I was 'pulling all the stops', but you're right it was probably useless, maybe I'm repair-happy. : )

Anyway, I deleted the website from MobileMe around 5 hours ago and it's still happening. Am I suppose to wait a certain amount of days?

I'm still (also) trying to figure out any potential benefits that I may have using my website through MM..

Forum Links
Forum Rules