Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Post-Semester Blues

Post-Semester Blues
yoyo52
Mac Elite
May 16, 2001, 11:14 PM

Well, I'm down to reading the last forty papers of the semester. I should be happy, I guess, but as usual I've hit the post-semester blues. It's in part the leaving of all those wonderful students whom I've gotten to know over the last four years. In part it's the inevitable reaction to thre stright weeks of non-stop work.

I'll get over it soon enough, and get on with my summer research projects. But still, it's a reminder of just how odd this profession of teaching is.
And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
May 16, 2001, 11:22 PM

I'm happy my semester is over. I got crap grades this semester, and I'm unhappy about that, but today was my last day so whatever it was is now set in stone. I have the finals, but not until Monday.

I just got done with my first year though, so I'm not leaving for good. On top of that, I'm staying on campus this summer.

Cheer up! You have a degree now! (don't you?)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Xeo (edited 05-16-2001).]

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2001, 11:30 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me like thirty seconds to give my TA the scan-tron key, and another 10 to tell the secretary to enter the grades.

Three weeks? You must be in English. Have you ever read "Generation X goes to college"? That book will give you the blues.

yoyo52  (op)
Mac Elite
May 17, 2001, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by BRussell:
Yeah, I know what you mean. It took me like thirty seconds to give my TA the scan-tron key, and another 10 to tell the secretary to enter the grades.

Three weeks? You must be in English. Have you ever read "Generation X goes to college"? That book will give you the blues.
Yeah, English. Very labor intensive except at schools where theywork on the star system--the big lecturer with 600 kids in a large auditorium

Hey, you have any suggestions for a multiple-choice essay? Just think how useful that would be for acrediting agencies that like to qunatify the differential input product of the average student .

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules