Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > NEW order status (Apple Store)

NEW order status (Apple Store)
boticario
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2001, 09:53 AM

The Apple Store in Europe (Spain) has changed my order status from "Being Assembled" to "Shipped" and sent me an E-mail to confirm Mac OS X was already shipped today.

tick42
Mar 22, 2001, 09:57 AM

Still being assembeled here in the US... anyone know when the US apple store will ship their copies?

Kosmo
Senior User
Mar 22, 2001, 09:57 AM

I placed my order at apple for OS X on Monday of this week and it's been upgraded to FedEx Saturday! Very cool, and I imagine very expensive for Apple to do this for all pre-orders, any idea on how many pre-orders there are?

Kosmo

http://www.macnet2.com

pegges
Mar 22, 2001, 10:43 AM

It's been shipped out from Cork, Ireland to Stockholm, Sweden!!! I can't wait. What if I get it tomorrow? I'll surely disintegrate with expectation to install it on my brand new IBM hard drive which should be delivered... Monday

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2001, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by pegges:
It's been shipped out from Cork, Ireland to Stockholm, Sweden!!! I can't wait. What if I get it tomorrow? I'll surely disintegrate with expectation to install it on my brand new IBM hard drive which should be delivered... Monday
LOL !

Well, I sure hope they can manage to ship it from Ireland to the damned UK by the weekend. I mean, that's on the way to Europe, last time I checked...

Rave
Mar 22, 2001, 11:20 AM

Sorry 'bout the double post Scott. I'm usually pretty good about browsing the topics before I start a new one.
Waiting for my new Powerbook, and now waiting for OS X seems to have made me a bit impatient!

Peace

tanhauser
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 11:33 AM

My copy of OS X retail has also been shipped from the Apple Store!! I just got an email from Apple, it's coming from Ireland to Gothenburg, Sweden!!

I doubt it will get here tomorrow, and since I'm having it delivered at work, it means I'll probably get it on Monday. No biggy, I can go the movies with my friendsand watch the Oscars.

Frank

brown monk
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by tick42:
Still being assembeled here in the US... anyone know when the US apple store will ship their copies?
Mine too.
They'll probably ship them today or tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow.
You know, to make sure that it gets here on Saturday.
brown is sweeter
me_puter: outdated

cjno
Mar 22, 2001, 12:17 PM

The same :-)

PerfectlyNormalBeast
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 12:18 PM

I'm in Boston and mine says it's being assembled. If they plan on getting it here for Saturday, they better ship today. It doesn't really matter though for me because the computer I'm going to run it on won't come till next week.

Kosmo
Senior User
Mar 22, 2001, 12:24 PM

I've been thinking about this.. if OS X leaves the warehouse today to go to FedEx it might be possible that FedEx will deliver a lot of them tomorrow instead of Saturday...

think about it, say Apple has 150,000 pre-orders.... That's a lot of Saturday deliveries that FedEx isn't used to, they work with a lot less drivers on Saturdays, they might want to lessen the burden...

I'm crossing my fingers

kosmo

http://www.macnet2.com

tanhauser
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 12:27 PM

Yeah, that may happen in the States Kosmo, sadly I don't think it will happen here in Europe, as good as the TNT guys are, I doubt they will be able to ship it from Ireland to the whole of Europe overnight.

Frank

jbmelby
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 12:29 PM

FWIW, an Apple Store sales person said that my order, which was placed on February 2nd and the status of which at the time of this posting was "being assembled", would ship today and arrive by Saturday.

(Of course, those of us with experience dealing with the Apple Store by phone probably take everything they say about shipping dates cum grano salis!)

Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 01:16 PM

Seems that Apple normally ships 3 day. If I were Apple, and the product were ready to ship, I would ship them out on Tuesday and have them arrive on Friday. Save the cost of Saturday delivery. I'm sure they've cut a deal with FedEx, but a day early fo consumers who purchase at the Apple Store doesn't seem unreasonable.

mindwaves
Mar 22, 2001, 01:27 PM

Hmm..I just checked my oder status and I got a big [bOOPS![/b]. I wonder what that means/

Scribble
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 01:28 PM

Mine shipped today...

Sawtooth2000
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 01:47 PM

Mine shipped today as well. This looks good.

ralcasid
Mar 22, 2001, 01:58 PM

Did all preorders get upgraded to FedEx Saturday delivery? I placed my order Feb. 3 and choose standard UPS ground.

tie
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2001, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by Scribble:
Mine shipped today...
Originally posted by Sawtooth2000:
Mine shipped today as well. This looks good.
Wait, where are you guys from?! I'm in the US (California) and it is still being assembled (as of a few minutes ago).

[EDIT: I ordered March 14]

[This message has been edited by tie (edited 03-22-2001).]
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

Gametes
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 02:03 PM

By EDITING your original posts, will those of you whose copies have shipped post the date on which you ordered it?
Mine says "being assembled" yet I ordered on 2/5, a long time ago if you ask me.
you are not your signature

Petrox
Mar 22, 2001, 02:08 PM

I live in Ohio and I just received an email from apple saying my order has shipped!

hoorah

Applefreak01
Senior User
Mar 22, 2001, 02:09 PM

I placed my order via the Educational Apple Store on 2/5. I just checked the order status an it just shipped!! I can't wait for it!!!!!!
[Riding a circus elephant]
Peter: Look Lois, the two smybols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a fat white guy who is threatened by change. - Family Guy

Scott_H
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2001, 02:11 PM

The above post caused to me check my email. ME TOO. Now do I stay home Saturday to see if OS X shows up OR do I skip it go down town to check out what's going on at CompUSA?

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 02:12 PM

Can't remember when I ordered mine, but it was shipped today! Whey! (UK Apple Store)
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

mindwaves
Mar 22, 2001, 02:14 PM

Ok, I am very angry right now (maybe just anxious). I have Fedex Sat delivery which was upgraded from UPS and I ordered March 13th and it still sayd being assembled.

JackSim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 22, 2001, 02:17 PM

Ordered mine on 02/06/2001, now listed as "Shipped" on the Order Status. I got a mail, too.

My copy was sent today from Cork. Now it's on the way to my home in Switzerland...

The bad news is that they don't deliver on Saturday, I'll have to wait till Monday.

------------------
JackSim
JackSim

iloveOSX
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 02:17 PM

just shipped!

ralcasid
Mar 22, 2001, 02:22 PM

Mine just shipped too! Woo hoo!

akebono
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 02:23 PM

I ordered mine in early February and the order page at the apple store says that it has been shipped. I have not recieved an email. Strangely, the order status page under "Mac OS X 1.0 RETAIL-USA" in blue letters is printed:

No items shipped.

Am I the victim of some conspiracy? Am I getting an empty box? Will I be able to download the ~*Mystery Build*~ on Saturday???

OOOOOHH, the agony!!

brainloop
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 02:26 PM

Will people in Europe also get it on Saturday ?

mactropolis
Senior User
Mar 22, 2001, 02:27 PM

My order JUST THIS SECOND SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait 'till saturday.

in S.FL, USA

YAHOO!!!!

------------------
Disclaimer: I'm not as smart as I think I am.
Death To Extremists!

stevenhaddon
Mar 22, 2001, 02:32 PM

Mine's just shipped to the UK. BUT in the confirmation email, the shipping address is mangled - they've missed out the street and printed the region three times!

The address is perfect in my Apple Store account. Has this happened to anyone else? (i.e. is it going to ship correctly, or do I have to call TNT?)

pegges
Mar 22, 2001, 02:33 PM

Will people in Europe also get it on Saturday ?
No, sadly it appears TNT will not deliver on weekends.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 02:36 PM

I ordered on the 16th of Feb, and mine says it's still being assembled

Humm... ok, it'll probably ship later, there's alot of pre-orders... but this is worse then waiting for an open washer in the dorms...

Also I ordered from the Apple Store for Education over the phone... would that make a difference?

[Edited for that spit and polish... and to add extra info ]

As of 8:20 pm today (3/22) my copy of OS X has finally shipped. I have the blue "No items shipped." thing going on though. oh well. At least I know it's comming.

[This message has been edited by Earth Mk. II (edited 03-22-2001).]

/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

scottiB
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2001, 02:39 PM

Mine shipped as well; unfortunately, it's being shipped to my office. I can wait till Monday; my Pismo's an organizational mess... .
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

absmiths
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 02:39 PM

I ordered 2-2-1 and mine shipped on 03/22/2001 at or near 12pm central. Friday will be a LONG day!

bemayo
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 02:44 PM

I've been checking all morning, and mine has just shipped. I am in the US and I ordered around 2/3 or so.
Bill Mayo
Picking Apples Since '87
IIgs | IIsi | Performa 630/6300 | G3/266 | G4/533x2 | G5/2Gx2 | MacBook 1.83

Mark N
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 02:53 PM

Ordered 3/14. Mine just shipped. I bet the tracking # isn't in the system to see when delivery will occur. I don't think fedex has 2 day Saturday delivery. Maybe overnight for tomorrow. Or maybe not leaving fedex until tomorrow for Sat overnigh. I guess we'll just have to see.

HeatMiser
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2001, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by scottiB:
Mine shipped as well; unfortunately, it's being shipped to my office. I can wait till Monday; my Pismo's an organizational mess... .
I'm in the same boat. Try calling Apple to get a tracking #, then call FedEx at 800-gofedex to tell them to change the shipping address. That's what I'm going to do.

Short of that, I'm walking over to my office and sitting outside until the FedEx truck drives by on Saturday.

{EDIT} Mine just shipped a couple minutes ago. I'm calling FedEx now to see what I can do...

{EDIT II} Called FedEx. They can't change the shipping address. They say I have to call Apple and have APPLE call FedEx to change the address. Hmm. We'll see how this goes...

------------------
The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last.

[This message has been edited by HeatMiser (edited 03-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by HeatMiser (edited 03-22-2001).]
I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!

brown monk
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 03:16 PM

Humph. I'm in Cali, US and it's still "Being Assembled".
Perhaps later. They did have a lot of pre-orders.
brown is sweeter
me_puter: outdated

Zomart
Mar 22, 2001, 03:19 PM

I almost feel bad. I ordered mine just yesterday (3/21), and they said it would ship UPS. I checked today (3/22) and it has already shipped via FedEx Saturday delivery. I guess this is at least a small element of surprise that's left in this whole process.

Dr Evil
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 03:31 PM

yeah, it was 'shipped' but with the blue text, but as of this post, its has shipped and it gives the fed ex tracking number. i ordered from the educational store on 2-17-01. We are going to bring down Fed-ex's tracking servers. haha

(edit) i ordered by phone

[This message has been edited by Dr Evil (edited 03-22-2001).]
Quicksilver G4 867mhz 384mb/60gig
iBook 300 320mb/20gig
Athlon Xp 1700+(1.47GHz) 512mb ddr/26gig, GeForce 4 TI 4200/128mb
http://mayodreams.dyndns.org

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 03:34 PM

Hum.. just thought of this is there a difference if you ordered on-line or over the phone? Edit that into your posts too, could be interesting.

------------------
"The robots obey what the children say" -- TMBG
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

HeatMiser
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 22, 2001, 03:38 PM

The latest:

Called Apple and spoke to a very nice lady. She tried to call FedEx and get them to change my shipping address, but the tracking number hadn't hit FedEx's system yet. And since the box had officially shipped from Apple (even though it's sitting in a warehouse), they can't touch it.

The lady at Apple suggested I call FedEx as soon as my tracking number hits FedEx's system and have them hold the package for pickup.

All this only really applies to people who're trying to change their shipping address from their work to their home address.

Good luck.

------------------
The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last.
I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean!

siegzdad
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2001, 03:40 PM

I ordered mine on-line on Feb. 3rd and it has been marked as shipped with the tracking number. Kudos to apple for upgrading my UPS shipping to FedEx Saturday, even if they did charge me CA sales tax. Can't wait till it shows up at the house in Cleveland!

Now I wonder what the chances are that FedEx will deliver it tomorrow...

------------------
iMac therefor iAm
iMac therefor iAm

jbmelby
Forum Regular
Mar 22, 2001, 03:46 PM

I also spoke to a very nice woman at the Apple Store, and she said that orders with the blue "No items shipped" line on the order status page, though officially "shipped," are still sitting in the warehouse but will be shipped not only for FedEx Saturday delivery, but will in fact be shipped by FedEx overnight to make sure that we all will get OS X on Saturday.

mindwaves
Mar 22, 2001, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by jbmelby:
I also spoke to a very nice woman at the Apple Store, and she said that orders with the blue "No items shipped" line on the order status page, though officially "shipped," are still sitting in the warehouse but will be shipped not only for FedEx Saturday delivery, but will in fact be shipped by FedEx overnight to make sure that we all will get OS X on Saturday.
Yep, I just called and a very nice lady told me that too. I am happy now. I am glad that thi had been cleared up.

ctishue
Mar 22, 2001, 03:54 PM

All orders fedex overnight? Wahhooooooo! Hopefully it arrives tomorrow!

Chris

denim
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 03:57 PM

Mine shipped today too, from a location in Pennsylvania. And I have tomorrow off, too....

Oh, wait. Mine says FedEx 2day. It could get here tomorrow, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I had a package a few weeks ago which was shipped 2nd day from elsewhere in MA arrive in one day, so I know it could happen.

Still, people: do we really want to be the first to find out the 1.0 release contains a bug which wipes your hard disk or whatever? Unlikely, granted, but it could happen...

[This message has been edited by denim (edited 03-22-2001).]
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

darcybaston
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2001, 04:06 PM

Mine says its still being assembled. I ordered it via the phone to Apple Canada because of the instructions included in the $45 rebate from the PB purchase.

I chose the UPS for Canada delivery option, and that hasn't changed either. I'm estimating I probably won't get my copy of OS X for 5-10 business days after March 24th since UPS doesn't do weekends here in Canada.

Damn. s'ok though, I was expecting that so I'm patient.

Darcy
Macbook (white glossy) 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM | 7200RPM HD | 10.5.x

Forum Links
Forum Rules