Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What is your Personality Type?

What is your Personality Type?
Safari
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2004, 02:28 PM

Take this 10 minute quetionare and learn what your Personality Type is.

Personality Type Link

The letters in the acronym stand for:

E or I : Extravert or Introvert
S or N : Sensory or iNtuitive
T or F : Thinking or Feeling
J or P : Judging or Perceiving

I'm an "INTP"
This type accounts for about 1% of the population.
People with this personality type include:

Socrates
Albert Einstein
Carl Jung
Charles Darwin
Isaac Newton
Steve Wozniak

Knowing your type is not only fun and educational but useful in understanding how you interact with the world.

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 02:33 PM

I'm an "ISTJ"

Rickey Henderson
gorickey

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2004, 02:42 PM

ENFP

eNFp: The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world.

Franz Joseph Haydn, composer
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers, humorist
Buster Keaton
Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel, children's author (The Cat in the Hat)
Mickey Rooney, actor
Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Andy Kaufman
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2004, 02:46 PM

ENTJ.

Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Apparently, I am a "fieldmarshal."

Fieldmarshals will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work. Superb administrators in any field -- medicine, law, business, education, government, the military. . .

They are ever intent on reducing bureaucratic red tape, task redundancy, and aimless confusion in the workplace, and they are willing to dismiss employees who cannot get with the program and increase their efficiency. Although Fieldmarshals are tolerant of established procedures, they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal. Fieldmarshals root out and reject ineffectiveness and inefficiency, and are impatient with repetition of error.

Even better is what the other description said:

When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Edit: the names they said fit in this category are Carl Sagan, Alan Greenspan, Napoleon, Edward Teller, Golda Maier, George Bernard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 02:46 PM

Your Type is
ISFJ

Introverted
Sensing
Feeling
Judging

Strength of the preferences %

ISFJ type description by D.Keirsey
ISFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
_You are:
distinctively expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

Louisa May Alcott
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Queen Elizabeth II of England
Robert E. Lee
Queen Mary I ("Bloody Mary") of England

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

dav
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 02:51 PM

INFJ

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 02:55 PM

iNTj

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 03:01 PM

INTJ

Introverted 11%
Intuitive 67%
Thinking 22%
Judging 44%

INTJ type description by D.Keirsey
INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:
slightly expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality

Famous INTJ's:
Dan Aykroyd, actor (The Blues Brothers)
Susan B. Anthony, suffragist
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus), Emperor of Rome
Jane Austen, author (Pride and Prejudice)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr., conservative political advocate
Raymond Burr, actor (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane), actor (Fletch)
Phil Donahue, television talk show host
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Veronica Hamel, actor (Hill Street Blues)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV, major league baseball pitcher
Peter Jennings, television newscaster
Charles Everett Koop, former U.S. surgeon general
Ivan Lendl, tennis champion
C. S. Lewis, author (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden, television talk show host
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova, tennis champion
Charles Rangel, U. S. Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts, actor (Bonanza)
Maria Owens Shriver, television newscaster
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)
Rudy Giuliani, New York City mayor
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

Sweet -- pretty good company IMHO!

Maury
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

fireside
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2004, 03:05 PM

INTP

Introverted 67%
Intuitive 22%
Thinking 22%
Perceiving 33%

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
_You are:
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

don't know what the percentages mean (or the difference between perceiving and judging).

nforcer
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 03:16 PM

INTJ
Introverted: 67%
Intuitive: 33%
Thinking: 56%
Judging: 44%

Links:
INTJ Profile
Personality Style
Genius. You know who.

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Sep 27, 2004, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
INTJ

INTJ
Funny: my nick even comes from "the Emperor".
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2004, 03:36 PM

INTP

I find that I tend to jump all over the scale on this thing, depending on when I take it. I've even managed to score XNFX once without even trying (that is, it couldn't establish anything on the E/I or P/J axes).
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 03:38 PM

ENFJ

dcolton
Banned
Sep 27, 2004, 03:47 PM

eNTp

ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general...

They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

i think it is somewhat accurate.

ObiWan Flanders
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2004, 03:48 PM

INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
56 67 33 44

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 04:13 PM

I think it;s kinda funny that we have all these I's.... jees... so many introverts and they are all posting on a public chat forum??? interesting... i took a Myers Briggs test for my psychology class and scored a ENTP (if i remember correctly) I have not taken this one yet..

Zach

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 04:15 PM

INFP

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

-Owl

Hugi
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2004, 05:18 PM

ENTJ "fieldmarshal" here.

I have a feeling Simey and I might find ourselves commanding opposing armies one day .

wolfen
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 05:27 PM

Originally posted by Millennium:
INTP
You, me, Jung, and Einstein. You always were my favorite mod.

For breaking boundaries and thinking out of the box, we are king. Also, tends to find it difficult to stay grounded and live in reality or accept the facts on the ground when it is in our best interest. Einstein would run out of gasoline in the middle of nowhere and be found wandering the road while thinking about some new idea. Jung was the last famous and respected researcher to investigate occult stuff (and found much).

As for the variety of score results -- this is typical of the ntp, who can adopt various perspectives and weight things differently depending on his cognitive mood.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

storer
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 05:39 PM

ENFJ
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2004, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
ENFJ
Same.

*moderately expressed intuitive personality
*slightly expressed feeling personality
*moderately expressed judging personality

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 05:57 PM

INTJ

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Earth Mk. II
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 06:18 PM

INFP

very expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

D. Keirsey:
"Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

"Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity."

J. Butt's description
/Earth\ Mk\.\ I{2}/

tdvorak
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2004, 06:20 PM

I am a entj-Fieldmarshal

2 G4 PowerBooks
1 FP iMac
1 B&W G3

drive-thru
Senior User
Sep 27, 2004, 06:30 PM

INFJ

�moderately expressed introvert
�moderately expressed intuitive personality
�slightly expressed feeling personality
�moderately expressed judging personality

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2004, 06:32 PM

i'm like Donald Rumsfeld and Hannibal Lecter according to the quiz.

\m/\m/

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 27, 2004, 06:52 PM

ENFJ

"ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"
This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!"
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

deej5871
Senior User
Sep 27, 2004, 07:26 PM

INTJ

The title "Mastermind" really tickles my fancy.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2004, 07:29 PM

Seems like I'm AWESOME. Always knew I was cool, but never thought I was AWESOME.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

storer
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 07:32 PM

there are a lot of ENFJ s here

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by Axo1ot1:
i'm like Donald Rumsfeld and Hannibal Lecter according to the quiz.

\m/\m/
Glad to know

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 08:13 PM

INFP

Introverted
Intuitive
Feeling
Perceiving

Others Like You:

Princess Dianna
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

spiky_dog
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 08:36 PM

intj.

moderately expressed introvert
distinctively expressed thinking personality

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 09:13 PM

Says I'm an EFNJ, that said I know for two of those I think either the second or third, I'm really close to 50% on. I flipped through the characteristics of a friend's before, and he's my exact opposite, only he's also fairly extroverted only I'm an extreme.

My new room mate is my exact opposite, we get along great... that said it sucks, I'm one of the best known guys on campus, and my room mate... is one of the least haha... but he's awesome I love him.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2004, 09:24 PM

ISTJ

Introverted
Sensing
Thinking
Judging

slightly expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality

Famous ISTJs:
Thomas (Christ's disciple)
U.S. Presidents:

George Washington
Andrew Johnson
Benjamin Harrison
Herbert Hoover
George H. W. Bush

:XI:
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 09:40 PM

LAZY

I got bored of answering the questions.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2004, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by RAILhead:
INTJ

Introverted 11%
Intuitive 67%
Thinking 22%
Judging 44%

INTJ type description by D.Keirsey
INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:

Famous INTJ's:
Dan Aykroyd, actor (The Blues Brothers)
Susan B. Anthony, suffragist
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Jane Austen, author (Pride and Prejudice)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr., conservative political advocate
Raymond Burr, actor (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane), actor (Fletch)
Phil Donahue, television talk show host
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Veronica Hamel, actor (Hill Street Blues)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV, major league baseball pitcher
Peter Jennings, television newscaster
Charles Everett Koop, former U.S. surgeon general
Ivan Lendl, tennis champion
C. S. Lewis, author (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden, television talk show host
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova, tennis champion
Charles Rangel, U. S. Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts, actor (Bonanza)
Maria Owens Shriver, television newscaster
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)
Rudy Giuliani, New York City mayor
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

Sweet -- pretty good company IMHO!

Maury

Me too!

Patrick
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2004, 10:02 PM

And I would be INTJ #9 in this thread. It looks like one of the more common types here.

hart
Senior User
Sep 28, 2004, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by Patrick:
And I would be INTJ #9 in this thread. It looks like one of the more common types here.
yup, #10 here.

Twilly Spree
Senior User
Sep 28, 2004, 06:40 AM

I'm EVIL

Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 28, 2004, 06:55 AM

eSfJ

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Parky
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 07:04 AM

I'm ENFJ

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2004, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by deej5871:
INTJ

The title "Mastermind" really tickles my fancy.
I know! I'm just getting used to it too!

wolfen
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 07:15 AM

INTJ is actually one of the rarer types, so it's interesting that you guys swarmed here.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

mollusk
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2004, 09:12 PM

INFP
all moderate

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 09:39 PM

IMPA

I have a personality type that is too impatient to fill out surveys with that many questions. Hence my personality made up the code above.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2004, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
ENFP

eNFp: The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and extraverted when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world.

Franz Joseph Haydn, composer
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers, humorist
Buster Keaton
Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel, children's author (The Cat in the Hat)
Mickey Rooney, actor
Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Andy Kaufman

FulcrumPilot
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 09:56 PM

"I remember the first albatross I ever saw. ... At intervals, it arched forth its vast archangel wings, as if to embrace some holy ark. Wondrous flutterings and throbbings shook it. Though bodily unharmed, it uttered cries, as some king's ghost in super natural distress. Through its inexpressible, strange eyes, methought I peeped to secrets not below the heavens. As Abraham before the angels, I bowed myself..." --(Herman Melville, Moby Dick)
_,.
a solitary firefly flies at nite
into the darkness an endless flight
a million flashes of delight.

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2004, 09:59 PM

ISTJ (78-1-78-78)

Famous ISTJs:

Thomas (Christ's disciple)

U.S. Presidents:

George Washington
Andrew Johnson
Benjamin Harrison
Herbert Hoover
George H. W. Bush

Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion
Jack Webb (Joe Friday)

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2004, 10:41 PM

ISTJ
14 - 1 - 1 - 56

-r.

Forum Links
Forum Rules